Ask Behr anything food related thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Abuelo's sopapillas are muy excellente! Supposedly they make them the "correct" way.

Never tried to make them myself.

Abuelo's sopapillas are muy excellente! Supposedly they make them the "correct" way.

Never tried to make them myself.

I've never been there. We have a few places here that makes them well. They have to be thick, but still flaky. Soft, but not chewy. And oh my, lay the butter, honey, and Cinnamon to it please.

I've never been there. We have a few places here that makes them well. They have to be thick, but still flaky. Soft, but not chewy. And oh my, lay the butter, honey, and Cinnamon to it please.

Darn it Newt, now I want a sopapilla! That's exactly how Abuelo's are made. No butter, just honey and Cinnamon.

See, I think that is my problem. Mine are too thin and get too crispy.

Maybe try lower heat when you fry them, not everything has to be fried at 350 degrees.

Try making the tortillas yourself one time, might enjoy it...and the finished product.

Behr if I was gonna cut biscuits into quarters n "fry" them how long would it take on watch side

Would it be bad form to make bananas Foster with cheap table wine instead of brandy?

What's the easiest way to cook frozen salmon portions that doesn't include balsamic vinegar or dill? (I apologize in advance for using frozen salmon, but I'm working mom. Kid wasn't crazy bout the glaze I used last time, and I'm out of dill).

What's the easiest way to cook frozen salmon portions that doesn't include balsamic vinegar or dill? (I apologize in advance for using frozen salmon, but I'm working mom. Kid wasn't crazy bout the glaze I used last time, and I'm out of dill).

Im also interested in this one....

Behr if I was gonna cut biscuits into quarters n "fry" them how long would it take on watch side

"watch side" ? Deep fry or in a skillet? Olive oil or vegetable oil? C'mon Kat, help me out here.

You are a site for sore eyes!!!

Same here, hope you and Tony? are doing well.

Would it be bad form to make bananas Foster with cheap table wine instead of brandy?

Yes! Not just my opinion.

Several different ideas. The first that came to mind is my favorite, (blackened) but since you are trying to please the kids....I suggest Salmon Fritters. You can make them in the same form as hush puppies or in the form of a potato cake. Use whatever ingredients your kids like.

If this doesn't help. let me know.....I'll think of something.

I sauteed some salmon a few weeks ago in garlic and olive oil for a neighbor and her 8 year old daughter, I ladled some homemade Alfredo and spinach sauce over the top and they both loved it.

Cause no one likes it on their shirt.:)

HEY! When did you start using "lulz"??????

"
Same here, hope you and Tony? are doing well.

Several different ideas. The first that came to mind is my favorite, (blackened) but since you are trying to please the kids....I suggest Salmon Fritters. You can make them in the same form as hush puppies or in the form of a potato cake. Use whatever ingredients your kids like.

If this doesn't help. let me know.....I'll think of something.

I sauteed some salmon a few weeks ago in garlic and olive oil for a neighbor and her 8 year old daughter, I ladled some homemade Alfredo and spinach sauce over the top and they both loved it.
Great memory! We're doing well.

Tell how to serve it blackened, please. :)

pan fried, would prolly just use vegetable oil for it.

i'd brown bag them with cinnamon/sugar afterwards to absorb the grease and flavor them.

thought about making them on saturday and serving them on sunday? you think they'd taste like trash since they couldn't be served warm?

Great memory! We're doing well.

Tell how to serve it blackened, please. :)

I like to grill the salmon to rare first. Put an iron skillet on the grill while cooking the salmon ( if you have room). If not, use the stove. Just make sure it's really freakin hot!

Sprinkle a generous amount of " Chef Paul Prudhomme's Blackened Redfish Magic" seasoning on the top, opposite of skin side.

Put it in the skillet, seasoned side down for 30-45 seconds.

Grilled asparagus is a perfect side. IMO.

pan fried, would prolly just use vegetable oil for it.

i'd brown bag them with cinnamon/sugar afterwards to absorb the grease and flavor them.

thought about making them on saturday and serving them on sunday? you think they'd taste like trash since they couldn't be served warm?

Roll over and wake me up Sunday morning and I'll make them for you.:p

Seriously, WTF is "watch side"?

I would suggest making them fresh, but.....kids won't judge the quality if you make them the night before. If it were me, I would cook them to a "MR" Saturday, heat them in the oven Sunday morning (400 degrees and keep a close eye on them) and wrap them in aruminum foil. Mix a little honey and butter together and drizzle them.

Damn....biscuit donuts. Who would of thunk it?

Where is my red solo cup?

Howdy Behr...hope all is well. Any tips on how to boil water? I'm still clueless on that.

Hey Lyls, good to see you man. Did you ever get a new truck?

Boiling water? I have no clue. My guess tho, get it really hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back