mooreaj21

Defensive Tackle
Hutchinson, Ks.
Hutchinson C.C.
HT: 6'4
WT: 296
Class: 2013

Rivals

Tennessee has started recruiting Johnson hard lately according to a new Rivals article. Johnsons only offer is from Minnesota at this point but he is receiving interest from Texas Tech, Tennessee, Indiana, Florida & Kansas State.

Johnson is a Freshmen at Hutchinson C.C., he enrolled last Jan. & he could be able to graduate in May '12 & if so his stock will skyrocket, but if he is not able to enroll in May '12 he will then be a 2013 prospect & would be a EE for the '13 class.

Just a FYI, same JUCO as Cordarrelle Patterson.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Good find JMoore, sounds like an interesting prospect, but he also sounds like he won't be ready until 2013 .

Defensive Tackle
Hutchinson, Ks.
Hutchinson C.C.
HT: 6'4
WT: 290
Class: 2012

Rivals

Tennessee has started recruiting Johnson hard lately according to a new Rivals article. Johnsons only offer is from Minnesota at this point but he is receiving interest from Texas Tech, Tennessee, Indiana, Florida & Kansas State.

Johnson is a Freshmen at Hutchinson C.C., he enrolled last Jan. & he could be able to graduate in May '12 & if so his stock will skyrocket, but if he is not able to enroll in May '12 he will then be a 2013 prospect & would be a EE for the '13 class.

Just a FYI, same JUCO as Cordarrelle Patterson.

More than likely a fallback if Jacobs decommits and signs with another school.

What's his story? I assume the NCAA ruled on him too late to go to a Juco in the fall thus he didn't enroll until Jan? Who did he sign with?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

More than likely a fallback if Jacobs decommits and signs with another school.

Jacobs is as solid as they come now. I assume we'd take Johnson only if we miss out McCullers or Sentimore. And in my honest opinion, we will get either McCullers or Sentimore.

Reactions: 1 person
I am going to take a stab at interpreting the new 25 rule and how Johnson would fit in. Please put your input into the accuracy of my interp.

Schools can only sign 25 which puts extreme pressure on NSD. Let's say Tenn has one big disappointment and only gets 24 signatures. A player like Johnson would be a take later in the day or even after NSD even with the fact he may not graduate. If the rule works the way I read it, you can't take a huge risk on a kid that has to graduate in 1.5years from a jc that was a non qualifier. Unless you get left at the altar and have an open slot.

I don't think the new rule has any wiggle room to sign such a player. Am I interpreting the rule correctly?

Last edited:
Hubbs said it looks like Johnson will be a '13 recruit & look for Tennessee to recruit him very hard.

Also just a FYI, Johnson went to the same HS as current Vol Steven Fowlkes.

Johnson put up impressive numbers this year with 46 tackles, 10 TFL, 2 sacks, 5 passes broken up, 9 QB hurries and 2 blocked kicks.

He is from College Park and went to Banneker. I think we could beat out Minnesota for him.

Paper talks about him being compared to Nick Fairley. It sound more like Malik Jackson with his ability to move inside or out. Let's offer.

If he is a '13 recruit shouldn't the thread title be changed?

He would have to graduate this spring in order to be eligible next fall. He has only been at the juco since last Jan. That's a very tall order that's why most consider him to be a 13.

There will be a very big fight for this kid in 13. He is going to be a beast.

Is it worth the risk of signing him and seeing him through graduation? As we all know the new rule hurts that possibility but if he is that good might be worth the risk

UT offered.

And if a mod could change it to '13 so people don't get too excited. :)

VN Store

Back