Newest commit- RB Quenshaun Watson

Sorry, Count. My negavol attitude is getting the better of me today. I'm blaming it on the rain, milli vanilli style.,

I'm just so pessimistic about our running game in general - nothing against this kid. I just don't see how another unrated RB (NR on Rivals anyway) is going to help us, especially with the OL woes that are so blatantly obvious.

I have to agree. I understand there are quite a few "diamonds in the rough" out there in the NR-lower 3* range but when you consider all the lower star players that go to all the other Div. I FBS schools, FCS schools, and CCs then you have to be real about the likelihood that these under the radar players we are getting have a small chance of being the next 2* superstud player.

I am excited at the potential recruits that could be committing to UT this month (Patterson, Autry, etc.) but I am getting frustrated with filling scholarship spots with players that could someday, possibly, given the chance, with the right coaching, and the right motivation... become great players. Sometimes I feel like Dooley and TJ still have a little bit of that WAC mindset stuck in them when they are working on the recruiting board.

This is Tennesse we're the type of traditional football program that takes the hot girl at the bar home with us because she wants to go home with us real bad, we're not the type of program that takes the kinda cool, kinda plump girl wearing slutty clothes home because she might be a good time but most likely will end up spending the whole night trying to talk to you, underperforms, and wants to hang out the next morning. Damn it.

Tried my best not to be too negative given this past weekend but the un-founded optimism for the program is becoming tiresome.

Last edited:
From the film that I have seen of Watson, he has a great stride and forward lean. He runs instinctively, which tells me that he understands the RB position.

Every team plays with 2-3 RBs in a game. Watson will be our change of pace back, our 3rd down back, and can even play in the slot and run reverses as well as catch the ball.

Great pick up.

From the film that I have seen of Watson, he has a great stride and forward lean. He runs instinctively, which tells me that he understands the RB position.

Every team plays with 2-3 RBs in a game. Watson will be our change of pace back, our 3rd down back, and can even play in the slot and run reverses as well as catch the ball.

Great pick up.

Change of pace, yes. 3rd down back, no. Big backs are in on 3rd down to move the chains.

Reactions: 1 person
3rd down backs are backs who can catch the ball out of the backfield and run the football.

3rd down backs are backs who can catch the ball out of the backfield and run the football.

I think we're talking about different types of 3rd down. When I think 3rd down back, I think 3rd and 1 or 2. Guy like Jamal Lewis who can fight for that 1st down. But if you've got 3rd and 4+, I agree he's a useful guy.

Reactions: 1 person
3rd down backs are guys like Felix Jones, Reggie Bush, LT (now), Spiller, Chester Taylor, Sproles, etc.

If I were a coach I would let the fastest guy I could find have a schooly despite his football abilities(only one a year)

I can see it now. Have a race day. If you want a scholarship to play football show up. If you win you get to play. Good luck

Regardless of his ability, he'll be prancing around in the backfield for 2 yard losses a la Lane.

Don't recall Lane doing alot of dancing around. Now Poole on the other hand thought he was in a club when he got the ball. No doubt we have to get a quality RB coach.

Last edited:

Great pick up.

Sweet. The predictable Devrin sweep can now be the predictable Q sweep.

VN Store

Back