suspensions last week

Neyland2nd2none

Does anyone have any insight as to what all happened with team and the suspensions? Here is a piece from a MrSEC.com article.

* Rumors abound that the suspensions of four backups prior to last week’s game led to a near revolt among players as practices in Knoxville devolved into little more than walk-throughs.

Homepage | MrSEC.com

Man i gotta say, based on the absolute lackluster attitude and performance against Kentucky, i am concerned with all of the "rumors", i think i gotta stop reading posts here at least until February, my emotions run from encouragement and optimism to downright fear and disgust.

If you think the players were in a flux, the coaches have been in one all season and part of last year.

There's some scary stuff in there. Sounds like we may have a mutiny our hands...

Losing this bad can cause a lot of problems under the skin. Cancer. Everyone pulling against each other because, well, just because. The off season coming up may very well be the most important off season UT, and fans, have ever experienced. Get a grip on staff and team right now, or suffer very very dearly.

based on the play of the players this makes a lot of sense. If true this may change my mind about whether Dooley needs to come back. All we need is another Clawfense type "not buying in" mentality among the players.

based on the play of the players this makes a lot of sense. If true this may change my mind about whether Dooley needs to come back. All we need is another Clawfense type "not buying in" mentality among the players.

Whether he is good at X's and O's, the man has to put these kids in their place and show some authority and gain their respect (just not Mike Leach style).

I only have one huge concern with what I read in that article and some of the other things that have been said about this team and coaching staff. Most everyone seems to feel that CDD is a man of substance and integrity. How exactly does a head football coach allow players to pick and choose when they will put forth effort and when they are just going to lay down? Why are players allowed to continue to play and represent UT if they do not see the point in playing for a bowl game in Nashville? I understand that if your most talented players are pulling this stuff that it would be hard to bench them and put kids out there that would be so over matched, but is that not integrity? I would think CDDs pride and desire to succeed and build this program back up would not allow him for players to make his decisions for him. All this stuff may tell us why the run game did not make any improvement throughout the year. Maybe the OLine just told him they were not going to bother to run block. Maybe CDD just said, "ok guys I will not ask you again". :ermm: Something is very wrong within this football program.

Does anyone have any insight as to what all happened with team and the suspensions? Here is a piece from a MrSEC.com article.

* Rumors abound that the suspensions of four backups prior to last week’s game led to a near revolt among players as practices in Knoxville devolved into little more than walk-throughs.

Homepage | MrSEC.com

love your avatar neyland.

Reactions: 1 person
Saturday’s loss at Kentucky — the first UT loss to the Wildcats since 1984 — has set off a wave of rumors and bad will that threaten to undo the Vols’ latest rebuilding job before it truly gets started.

Key word here.

If true, it can become a cancer in the locker room. Kelly Washington ended up as a cancer that eventually led to the failure of Fulmer. If Dooley is worth keeping, he has to shut it down and excise it surgically.

LOL...this is like a hen clucking club. The article is a bit sensational but the underlying gist of it is that Dooley inherited this mess and was probably the best candidate that was actually willing to take this mess on and yes he's getting well compensated for it but at the risk of damaged reputation. Also that the team is suffering from lack of Senior leadership due to all of the prior turmoil. The only thing really pointed at Dooley was some criticism of his honest assessments. I've watched most of his pressers and I don't think he threw anyone under the bus, but he is brutally honest in his assessments. Bray and Da'Rick need to grow up and fully commit themselves to the program.

Reactions: 2 people
Let's see some angry outgoing seniors who (most) would have never sniffed the field at another SEC school and were led to believe when recruited by CPF they would play if they stayed. Hey don't get me wrong, I can understand the seniors being pissed, 3 coaches and no stability, they didn't sign up for that.

Didn't DaRick's tweet say something about hanging with Milton? I had a feeling that he could possibly cause issues. He has been fairly lazy on his routes if hes not getting the ball. Not to mention there were two int's that he could have atleast knocked the ball down or away and he didn't even try. I mean you have some plays he looks like a superstar then others he is just taking the play off. Maybe this offseason he will grow up some and begin to have the team first attitude. I do know that he is upset that Nance has not gotten a fair shot up there. The place that changed the oil in my car is Nash's aunt and uncle. If any of you know the situation with those two they are like brothers. She told me that DaRick mentioned it to them numerous times that he felt that Nash got used.

Nash is getting an expensive education out of it. How hard does he work at it? I believe DaRick's attitude may be different when Hunter gets back and some other receivers start working out with Worley to take snapps away from elders. This year some players had DD bent over a barrell, after JJ he couldn't go that route again. We get more players and they get more practice time he can bench them or leave them at home.

All of you guys or anybody else can make things up to fit their agenda or make their point. It is a rumor. Nothing more and if I believe it, I need proof. Let's all run off a few recruiting prospects with all of this nonsense.

This guy left a good response and summary of our current situation. I think all the numbskulls should read it. Even if CDD were to go 5-7 again next year, it would still be better for the long-term health of the program than firing him now. Anyone claiming different simply cant grasp reality. That's my 2 cents, but here's Wea's...

"I think the heat comes solely from lack of wins. A surprising loss at Kentucky was a powder keg, but it is not an accurate gauge of the overall state of the program. A fan base that was itching to complain about ugly losses which were to top ten teams found an undisputed in with the Kentucky debacle. The comments made by two players concerning stats and “prestige of bowl games” were primarily directed at a single player (D.R.) and not the team as a whole. This is a relative side show and some form of this nonsense is to be expected when a team racks up too high of a sum in loss column.

Get real Tennessee fans. I don’t care who you are…. when you are forced to select a coach who is something less than a proven champion on your level (SEC), you never really know if he is going to be able to do the job or not. Sometimes not even that is enough (e.g. Rich Rod) as the fit is bad. Two years ago when Dooley was hired, Tennessee did not know what he would be capable of in his current position.
Two years later we know that DD is probably a good fit culturally and can recruit well. He appears to have reduced the “bad apple’ count significantly. This is about half of the picture.

For the other half, can he lead the team to a championship level?, I still think Tennessee does not know any more or less than we did when he was hired. So in reality Tennessee has half of the boxes checked yes and the other half are blank. Two years ago all of the boxes were blank yet a portion of the fan base with no perspective somehow thinks the program is in a worse position now as opposed to then. Vol fans should not be ready to check any boxes “no” just yet. It’s easy start to nitpick every bad guess or decision when you are losing. Everyone has them – e.g. pick one of several by Nick Saban in the LSU game. This shouldn’t be confused with any kind of realistic analysis on a Dooley’s ability to have long-term success in a program. That “first date” that passed gas may end up making a great wife.

True, Dooley has proved he can lay an egg. Again this is not a deal breaker (see Nick Saban – Monroe, Utah). Dooley hasn’t done anything to let you know he can gut out wins with lesser talent (see Brady Hoke, Al Golden). Had he, he may have proven he can win. But the fact that he hasn’t won without talent is not proof he can’t win with it. If the coach can recruit, he won’t have to win without SEC talent. This man will have the talent to compete perhaps as soon as next year.

Vol fans that is what you need to wait for to reserve your judgment. "

VN Store

Back