'12 FL QB Nathan Peterman (UT signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought they would end up playing St Aug again, and I think the team really wanted another chance at them. Funny how things work out. At least we get a home playoff game. :)

Just realized I never put down the final score against Ridgeview. 62-10

Dep

Last edited:
Looks like I received some incorrect info. Nate and the Bears will be traveling to Lake City to face Columbia this Friday.

Was sure looking forward to a home playoff game. Oh well, should be fun anyway!

Dep

Holy cow, what a game! The Bears held off a big second half surge to win the game with Columbia.

It was 24-7 at the half but after Columbia busted a 70+ yard run for a TD, we managed to fumble the ball in our own end zone on our next possession and they recovered it for a TD. Suddenly, we were up only 24-21 and it was obvious the momentum had changed sides.

Our next few series resulted in punts and Columbia got close enough to kick a field goal to tie the game. It was looking like we were going to overtime until Nate threw a 48 yard bomb to his WR, who got out of bounds with 5 seconds left.

This left a 32 yard field goal for us to win the game. A split second before we snapped the ball, the Columbia coach called time out. Bad move on his part, as our kicker missed the field goal. With a second chance, and despite a high snap, the kicker booted it through to win the game.

I'm getting too old for all the excitement. :)

Nate was 16 of 25 passing for 264 yards three touchdowns (one rushing) and two interceptions. One INT was not his fault, as his receiver bobbled the ball and the DB just reached in and took it from him.

Nate threw the ball well with the exception of one of int he tried to shoe horn into his WR.

Before the game, one of the officials asked our coach "Which one is going to Tennessee?". Coach pointed out Nate and then he said, "He's a great player, but he's an even better kid". I had to smile at that, because it's so true. As good a ball player as Nate is, he is a real quality individual.

I got to meet Nate's uncle and grandfather tonight. Ya'll will be happy to know they were sporting UT gear. :)

We play Pace next week at Bartram. We really do have a home playoff game this time. Should be a tough game, but after tonight, there's no way I'm doubting the Bears.

I'm heading to bed. Nite Ya'll!

Dep

Reactions: 9 people
Which one is going to Tennessee? Call the game zebra, and then tell us which one. Should be fairly obvious.

Thanks folks. I hope we get past Pace too. I like road trips! :)

Since I haven't been on the board here very long, I'm not in on why the dislike for Pace. Someone want to fill me in?

Dep

Last edited:
Thanks folks. I hope we get past Pace too. I like road trips! :)

Since I haven't been on the board here very long, I'm not in on why the dislike for Pace. Someone want to fill me in?

Dep

Look at post #154 in this thread:

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-recruiting/127821-12-oh-olb-de-latroy-lewis-6.html

The poster is Pacevol....that particular post wasn't bad but if you left click on his username you'll see the "Find more posts from Pacevol" feature...

Use that feature and look back over some of his posts...especially in the May to mid-July timeframe...you'll understand why his name is mud around here

Or better yet , just take our word for it and don't waste your time

Thanks for the update DEP. I really think this young man is going to do well at UT in the future. He has a strong arm and has wheels incase he has to scramble.

Thanks for the update DEP. I really think this young man is going to do well at UT in the future. He has a strong arm and has wheels incase he has to scramble.

I think he will, too. What I like is he doesn't panic if protection breaks down. He'll stand and take a hit to deliver the ball, or scramble until someone gets open.

He's also able to shake off tackles or lower a shoulder and deliver a blow if he has to run.

Nothing shakes him. He is a cool customer. He's also a team leader, which I get to see when I'm standing on the sidelines.

And even better, he is humble. He will not be an ego problem. Team comes first to him.

He has a bright future.

Dep

Reactions: 6 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back