worst call in tssaa history

Orangeslice13

RockyTop is back, Let’s Go!!
4th down run called a TD giving the win in OT to Friendship Christian Vs.Boyd Buc Friday night.
Look up the video on news ch 3 in Chattanooga.
Notice the ref running in from the 4yrd line to make the call.

That was pretty bad. That close to the play and the dude was like 2 feet short. Player knew it and obviously why he extended after already being down. Calls like that make sure you never advance past high school officiating. Never gonna move up. Hate it for the Buchanan school. Hard to lose like that!!

Hard way to lose but I wouldnt go that far. Could have gone either way imo. Probaly wasnt a t.d. but it was close.

There's another video from a better location I will post if I can track it down. Its not close at all. We've already got the "I'm sorry" call from the tssaa. Lot of good that does for the seniors.

How great would it be for Friendship Christian to refuse the win? The film clearly shows the player didn't score, so that would be a great way to be an example to the kids and show true sportsmanship.

Fat chance, I'm sure.

How great would it be for Friendship Christian to refuse the win? The film clearly shows the player didn't score, so that would be a great way to be an example to the kids and show true sportsmanship.

Fat chance, I'm sure.

I went to college with the Friendship Christian head coach. He is also the AD. I can assure you that there is no way in heck he is refusing the win.

Bad officiating...part of the game. Been that way since the beginning. One Super Bowl was decided on a blown call. However, I do feel sorry for Boyd Buchanon. Tough way to go out...

Fat chance, I'm sure.

Yup, Honer and integrity would be to much to ask from a Christian school coach. Great lesson for the kids doesn't matter how you win, as long as you win.

I went to college with the Friendship Christian head coach. He is also the AD. I can assure you that there is no way in heck he is refusing the win.

Bad officiating...part of the game. Been that way since the beginning. One Super Bowl was decided on a blown call. However, I do feel sorry for Boyd Buchanon. Tough way to go out...

You're right, we shouldn't try to get it right. They probably shouldn't have reviewed the pick 6 in OT Vs. Vandy.

Yup, Honer and integrity would be to much to ask from a Christian school coach. Great lesson for the kids doesn't matter how you win, as long as you win.

Oh, come off of it. There was no benefit from replay at the game. Kids had celebrated a hard fought win in their and the officials eyes. Does it stink hard for BB? Heck yeah. Is FCS's coaches integrity and honor in question? Heck no.

Oh, come off of it. There was no benefit from replay at the game. Kids had celebrated a hard fought win in their and the officials eyes. Does it stink hard for BB? Heck yeah. Is FCS's coaches integrity and honor in question? Heck no.

Is that two Church of Christ schools?

I asn't saying what was right or wrong. I just know John McNeal. He was a great athlete when he was young. Fierce competitor. We played against one another many times. If we caught a break from a ref, that was just part of the game.

If you swapped positions, what would you do?

Life ain't fair....it is sad but that is really true.

Honor and integrity is definitely in question.
my kids a sophomore and didn't play much. He gets another shot. The seniors don't. It would have been better for everyone if FC had scored. That way it would not have the feeling of theft to the Buc kids. And when FC goes on and wins state, which they will, it would feel earned insted of given.

Honor and integrity is definitely in question.
my kids a sophomore and didn't play much. He gets another shot. The seniors don't. It would have been better for everyone if FC had scored. That way it would not have the feeling of theft to the Buc kids. And when FC goes on and wins state, which they will, it would feel earned insted of given.

regardless, post again quickly 666....ahhhhh

Is that two Church of Christ schools?

I asn't saying what was right or wrong. I just know John McNeal. He was a great athlete when he was young. Fierce competitor. We played against one another many times. If we caught a break from a ref, that was just part of the game.

If you swapped positions, what would you do?

Life ain't fair....it is sad but that is really true.

Uh, I was basically agreeing with you. I don't think any coach would come back in later and forfeit due to official error.

Uh, I was basically agreeing with you. I don't think any coach would come back in later and forfeit due to official error.

Yeah, I wasn't aiming that at you. I was talking to the dad involved. It did look like a terrible call. But that is life.

To the dad, sorry, you already know that life ain't fair. Thought I was talking to a player on the team.

John was a great athlete but integrity was not his strong suit. My wife has kept up with his ex-wife through the years and neither think much of ole John

VN Store

Back