Just got in from the game..WOW!!

Big Orange Bo

Family of Vol Grads
46 years old and 36 of them watching and loving Tennessee Football. That was EASILY the worst I've seen.
Can't run, pass, catch or kick very well. Can't intercept and return, can't catch and run away for a score and most bothersome to me, can't tackle.
I am not sure what the specific problem or problems are but I am sure that there are plenty of them. After attending approx. 60 games in 30 years, that was the hardest to sit thru ever.
Just watch CDD show and for the first time kinda felt numb and unresponsive ( kinda like our team ). I am a true fan and do not want to slam anyone or anything in particular. I just wonder if there is anyone who thinks that we are miles and maybe years away from a 8-10 win season. Hope we start to improve and I'll be chearing on Saturdays for years to come..

Boy, that was hard to watch.....

Reactions: 5 people
46 years old and 36 of them watching and loving Tennessee Football. That was EASILY the worst I've seen.
Can't run, pass, catch or kick very well. Can't intercept and return, can't catch and run away for a score and most bothersome to me, can't tackle.
I am not sure what the specific problem or problems are but I am sure that there are plenty of them. After attending approx. 60 games in 30 years, that was the hardest to sit thru ever.
Just watch CDD show and for the first time kinda felt numb and unresponsive ( kinda like our team ). I am a true fan and do not want to slam anyone or anything in particular. I just wonder if there is anyone who thinks that we are miles and maybe years away from a 8-10 win season. Hope we start to improve and I'll be chearing on Saturdays for years to come..

Boy, that was hard to watch.....

I actually think we are there next year if we stay healthy. However, if we see mistakes next year that shouldn't be happening with our best on the field, then I will start to worry. So, no, fortunately we aren't years away; it's just been a long year with really no breaks going our way. When Gordon dropped that pick 6 I just thought "Well, there you go."

Reactions: 3 people
You sir are a fan's fan. You drove from Nashville to Fayetteville to see this edition of the Vols? You are a better man than myself. I used to do that type of trip in the 90's but would not this year. Bravo to you.

Reactions: 5 people
I actually think we are there next year if we stay healthy. However, if we see mistakes next year that shouldn't be happening with our best on the field, then I will start to worry. So, no, fortunately we aren't years away; it's just been a long year with really no breaks going our way. When Gordon dropped that pick 6 I just thought "Well, there you go."

I agree. That was one of those games where I just kept thinking of the bamboo metaphor. Watching the first half thinking "I see all these signs of getting a lot better, but the score doesn't show any of them. One day, we're just gonna up and blow somebody out and nobody will know where it came from."

Reactions: 1 person

At 3-1 I was very optimistic even with some sloppy play. After the last 4 weeks its seems to be obvious that we are miles away. I hope you are right. Maybe some of your optimism will rub of on me, LOL...GBO:peace2:

You sir are a fan's fan. You drove from Nashville to Fayetteville to see this edition of the Vols? You are a better man than myself. I used to do that type of trip in the 90's but would not this year. Bravo to you.

Can't take all that praise. We have family in Arky and usually catch that game...But we do travel as much as we can...GBO

You and I are from the same genre. I began watching UT football in 1977, and the differences I draw from those teams of the late 70's - 80's and now are stark:

1) The fundamentals: Tackling, Blocking, and Kicking Game aren't there That's a matter of coaching, not talent. Palardy vs. Fuad Reveiz? The Colquitts punters vs. Matt Darr? C'mon Man...The kicking game is the 'equalizer' between teams, and we don't even have THAT weapon these days.

2) The Jimmy Streater QB'd teams of 1977-79 were bad, but EXCITING to watch. The 80's featured Willie Gault, Mike Miller, and Tim McGee ... great talent with explosive downfield ability. We have none of that.

3) Intensity. Where is our intensity on the football field? I don't see players getting after people anymore. I don't see seniors leading.

You and I are from the same genre. I began watching UT football in 1977, and the differences I draw from those teams of the late 70's - 80's and now are stark:

1) The fundamentals: Tackling, Blocking, and Kicking Game aren't there That's a matter of coaching, not talent. Palardy vs. Fuad Reveiz? The Colquitts punters vs. Matt Darr? C'mon Man...The kicking game is the 'equalizer' between teams, and we don't even have THAT weapon these days.

2) The Jimmy Streater QB'd teams of 1977-79 were bad, but EXCITING to watch. The 80's featured Willie Gault, Mike Miller, and Tim McGee ... great talent with explosive downfield ability. We have none of that.

3) Intensity. Where is our intensity on the football field? I don't see players getting after people anymore. I don't see seniors leading.

You must have missed the Cincinnati game. Too bad.

Like I said 44.....Very hard to watch that one.....

You must have missed the Cincinnati game. Too bad.

You mean the beat down of a highly over rated big east team?...I saw it...And laughed...Cincy is not that good of a team....Keep convincing yourself they are if it makes you feel better.

What Seniors?

Also the worst looking loss, wouldn't you agree? The eye test was really failed. Like I have said, worst loss and performance I've ever seen by UT....

Yes, I haven't seen UT look that bad on defense in a long time or that bad running the ball.

Also the worst looking loss, wouldn't you agree? The eye test was really failed. Like I have said, worst loss and performance I've ever seen by UT....

McCluster and ole miss running all over us a few years back was tough to watch as well. At least we were expecting last nights results.

That punt return for a TD, was about as bad as it is going to get tackling.
Nobody wrapping up, and everyone diving grabbing for air.
Made that guy look like Deion Sanders.

The basics! Boils down to coaching...and we have a loser!

Yeah it has nothing to do with losing Bray and Hunter,Lathers at LB and kicking JJ off team before first game does it? Has nothing to do with what Fulmer and Kiffin left does it?

VN Store

Back