13' GA S Vonn Bell (Ohio State signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know him and Chris Jones the freshman at Bama. Minor Alum dude. Like I said he was good in high school. Chill out with all the he's better stuff. Trae Elston a big time player and recognized as so. Your boy has proven nothing but he can play in his region so far.

I'm talking about Vonn Bell not Crump. Trae Elston has proven a dang thing more that is for sure. He is also a high school football player last time I checked.

My brother in law coaches at Heritage and watched him play a few weeks ago. He said he is the best HS player he has ever seen in person. He also said he is very interested in UT.

Reactions: 2 people
Misread, my bad. I hope the kid is really good just like any kid that is a big UT supporter. I just found it weird that guys with really no posting history just all of a sudden come and post about him.

Yep, sounds like teammates or relatives of Bell.

To the newbies: If Bell is so great, why not take Elston AND Bell? :crazy:

Yep, sounds like teammates or relatives of Bell.

To the newbies: If Bell is so great, why not take Elston AND Bell? :crazy:

No, it sounds like a player is being recruited by Tennessee in some capacity. Watch his highlight film, if you still dont think he is any good, then don't worry about it.

No, it sounds like a player is being recruited by Tennessee in some capacity. Watch his highlight film, if you still dont think he is any good, then don't worry about it.

Ok, but you didn't answer my question. Why bash Elston? Lord knows we need all the help we can get!

Not sure yet. He played AAU basketball last summer instead. Betting he camps this year.

He does need to work on some technique issues. He tackles high a whole lot. He's getting away with it now. He needs to get lower and drive through some guys. The competition he's playing doesn't look that good either. But he is an athlete though. Hope he's not a big fish in a small pond. Because some of those guys are tiny in that film.

He does need to work on some technique issues. He tackles high a whole lot. He's getting away with it now. He needs to get lower and drive through some guys. The competition he's playing doesn't look that good either. But he is an athlete though. Hope he's not a big fish in a small pond. Because some of those guys are tiny in that film.

Lol ok man. Georgia AAA football is certainly better than most. As far as bad tackling technique I have no Idea waht you mean. He is a safety coming up and blowing people up.

Lol ok man. Georgia AAA football is certainly better than most. As far as bad tackling technique I have no Idea waht you mean. He is a safety coming up and blowing people up.

The best teams ridgeland played (aside from Allatoona and Dalton) were Calhoun and Adairsville which are AA, and northwest AAA isn't necessarily the creme of the crop as south GA.....

Look at Mcneil's film and then look at Bell's film. You'll see the difference. He's tackling too high. I bet if he was to get lower on his tackles he would start to hit a lot harder and be a better tackler. I'm not against your boy. I'm just looking at certain things he's doing wrong. He's a smooth athlete but I see guys in his film who shouldn't even be on the film unless it's a B-team game.

Not really a striker. More of a play-magnet. Good candidate for the '13 Eraser Back.

It took me a while to figure it out, but the #7 was reminding me of somebody. His game and his body type really remind me of Deon Grant.

I could see him hitting a little too high at times. Maybe more towards the waste instead of the chest. But I disagree with him not being a big hitter, these guys are going down hard when he delivers the blow.

The only thing I would think that could keep him from really becoming a big time recruit once scouts and coaches discover him is his body type. A little long and slender for a S maybe. But he has good speed. Great instincts, great ball skills. I haven't really seen him miss any tackles that I recall, or drop any balls that he had a good chance to catch.

Also he might not be playing against elite level competition, but it is good competition. Not as good as Florida, California, Texas, Mississippi, Louisiana or the upper levels maybe of Alabama, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, but it is on the next level after all that.

The only thing I would think that could keep him from really becoming a big time recruit once scouts and coaches discover him is his body type. A little long and slender for a S maybe. But he has good speed. Great instincts, great ball skills. I haven't really seen him miss any tackles that I recall, or drop any balls that he had a good chance to catch.

How long have you been into recruiting and such dude? Because you want your safety tall. His body type isn't the problem. Now as for him being a hitter. He's hitting really high so I know he hasn't been playing a lot of top notch backs. Or one of them would've broke that habit up. But he's an athlete though. He just has fundemental issues that a coach would really have to clean up.

Also he might not be playing against elite level competition, but it is good competition. Not as good as Florida, California, Texas, Mississippi, Louisiana or the upper levels maybe of Alabama, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, but it is on the next level after all that.

Georgia football is behind only the first three. He's just not playing in a tough region it seems.

Georgia football is behind only the first three. He's just not playing in a tough region it seems.

Hes playing in AAA. The higher levels of some other states are better. And no, those top 3 are not necessarily better than the quality of louisiana or Mississippi. There is just more quantity. As far as the region being poor, the 8 region champs are in the quarters, it went 2-2 in the 1st round and 1-1 in the second. It is an average region. I don't think you know what you are looking at to be honest.

Last edited:
How long have you been into recruiting and such dude? Because you want your safety tall. His body type isn't the problem. Now as for him being a hitter. He's hitting really high so I know he hasn't been playing a lot of top notch backs. Or one of them would've broke that habit up. But he's an athlete though. He just has fundemental issues that a coach would really have to clean up.

Miles Jones is a pretty good running back. Tre Beck is a pretty good running back, Nick Chubb is a good running. He is a big time safety and can play with anyone. As far as his body type, that is not the same thing as height. He is not as thick as you would like and doesnt really have a whole lot of room to put on more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back