Dalton Santos highlighted on ESPN recruiting page

Must read. Great post. I am very happy we don't have to worry about this kid decommitting.

"I'm strong with it. I love it up there," Santos said. "It's different from here, somewhere I can step out and grow as a person and a player. I love challenges, and this will be something different in my life. I'm solid there."

Santos is hoping to be a part of a recruiting class that can bring Tennessee back to its glory days. The Volunteers currently are 3-5 on the season, but the 2012 class has 18 commitments, including seven four-star players.

"He's going to be a great leader when he gets there," Moffatt said. "The thing some people around the country don't know about Dalton is that he's a tremendous worker. He's so motivated in being the best he can be, and anytime you have someone like that on a football team, it's a tremendous asset."

Santos added: "When I get there, they should expect a lot of what I consider to be the highest standard. As a person and a player, I feel like I can be one of the best linebackers around. I work to be the best. That's all I've ever done, and I'm not going to settle for anything less."

Reactions: 6 people
I cannot wait to see this guy cracking heads. in a year or two the D should be absolutely dominant.

Love his confidence! We need more of it. I think thats a weakness of DD. He seems to get down on players while talking to the media. I'd like to hear him say more about what "we" need to do better. Tired of hearing things like we cant throw and catch. Yes its the truth but it could be said better. How about just simply.....we need to be better on offense. Im tired of hearing the word "cant" come out of his mouth.

Cuonzo needs to take some recruiting tips from Dooley.

Dooley may want to take some coaching tips from Cuonzo.

Cuonzo's recruiting abilities will be judged on the 2013 class and he seems to be locked on a few recruits for that class. Washpun looks like a very underrated guard and a nice pickup by Cuonzo. That guy can definitely play at an SEC level and had a medicore recruiting ranking.

Last edited:
Love his confidence! We need more of it. I think thats a weakness of DD. He seems to get down on players while talking to the media. I'd like to hear him say more about what "we" need to do better. Tired of hearing things like we cant throw and catch. Yes its the truth but it could be said better. How about just simply.....we need to be better on offense. Im tired of hearing the word "cant" come out of his mouth.

so you miss the days of work like heck, and I'll have to see the film. I enjoy not having the same old coach speak.

Reactions: 3 people

When you lose your two best players that happen to be a QB and WR, its kinda hard to throw and catch!

I love it. He's being honest, not putting them down. I was a decent athlete in my day (signed D-1), but felt I could have been even better if my coach was more straightforward with me even though he was a fantastic coach. I love my old coach like a father, but the 1 time he did call me out it made me realize a major weakness and supplied a huge amount of motivation that elevated me to another level.

Being honest and straightforward is the way to go in my book.

VN Store

Back