We're Actively Pursuing Another RB

Hey everyone. Newby here from Ooltewah. I think the lack of a running game is more the running backs we have than the offensive line.

Welcome to the board. I'd have to agree with you. Though, I'm hoping to see Lane get more touches these last few weeks. I think he's our best option

So I take it the staff passed on Beniquez Brown or do they want him at LB?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Beniquez Brown highlights 2010 - YouTube
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlIzQoZpn4Q[/youtube]

If they have passed on this kid, then someone needs to lose their job. Just sayin', this kid definitely looks like an SEC back. He looks bigger than 6'2 205.

Wilcox needs to suck it up, we are more loaded at LB next year than any other position. RB however, seems to be a postion of need.

WOW... just... WOW

Last edited:

If they have passed on this kid, then someone needs to lose their job. Just sayin', this kid definitely looks like an SEC back. He looks bigger than 6'2 205.

Wilcox needs to suck it up, we are more loaded at LB next year than any other position. RB however, seems to be a postion of need.

WOW... just... WOW

This!

WOW... just... WOW

Hadn't seen this guy's highlights before this...

Wow is right. Kid is a beast.

WOW... just... WOW

That is what i'm talking about. A true downhill runner with speed, agility, height/weight and athleticism. Bring him on. If they pass on this kid then it will be due to grades or something else. not because of the lack of talent. Ray Charles could see this kid's talent!

I think Neal and Lane will turn out to be just fine in the future for us. I hope whoever we pick up this year regardless of how many stars the recruiting services give them is huge and quick. I want a power back. Jamal Lewis style. Someone who will run up to the line and start punching dlinemen and lbs in the face :p

Lane will be ok if he can hold on to the ball. We need speed at the position and we do not have anyone who can take it to the house.

I doubt we passed on him. He is the most likely RB choice for us right now. His teammate committed to Miss State. His teammate is also his cousin so it may be hard to pull him from the Bulldogs.

I'd say pursing another back is a good move on their part. We're going to have to find one that can get a few yards on their own, since the line doesn't care to block on run downs.

Ayoola would not be terrible, but he is not on the level of Pender.

Obviously I'm no talent evaluator, but Ayoola looks like a game breaker to me. He plays in the toughest region in high school football, he has good hands, cuts violently, blocks like a mad man, and so on. IMO, he has very few weaknesses.

Obviously I'm no talent evaluator, but Ayoola looks like a game breaker to me. He plays in the toughest region in high school football, he has good hands, cuts violently, blocks like a mad man, and so on. IMO, he has very few weaknesses.
Sounds like a complete runningback, sign him up.

I did not say Ayoola was not a great RB. I actually like him alot. I think he and Pender are similar in style of RB--I just think Pender has more speed and better size.

Don't you think it's a little late in the game to suddenly realize we need a running back? This should have one of this staff's top priorities from day 1. Surely they didn't quit recruiting RBs after the commitment from Alden Hill. We are probably too far behind to expect to land a difference making RB unless we do something crazy....

I say offer Keith Marshall Brown and Pender an Escalade and $100,000 cash

Last edited:
Don't you think it's a little late in the game to suddenly realize we need a running back? This should have one of this staff's top priorities from day 1. Surely they didn't quit recruiting RBs after the commitment from Alden Hill.. I have to say I'm a little disappointed in this news.

what are you disappointed in? They could have been talking to these guys the whole time without people really paying attention. I don't see the big deal if they were known to fans in June or Oct or signing day

Mario Pender looks like trouble in the pics I have seen.. course people will defend him but just my opinion.

Mario Pender looks like trouble in the pics I have seen.. course people will defend him but just my opinion.

thatsracist.gif

what are you disappointed in? They could have been talking to these guys the whole time without people really paying attention. I don't see the big deal if they were known to fans in June or Oct or signing day

You caught me before the edit. I'm not disappointed. There's no doubt a lot that goes on behind the scenes.

VN Store

Back