Collierville coach resigns after video surfaces

Ummm, punka$$ players. My buddies sister yelled at me worse than that when I was 15, get over it.

This is the problem with our kids today, they can't handle the truth or someone who has an aggressive and abrupt delivery.

If these kids are upset about this they should go sing in the chorus or play the trumpet at halftime.

Football is a violent aggressive game if you can't handle a coach who goes on a rant and wants things done his way then you will never be able to handle the player lined up across from you or anything else tough in life.

Gunner

Reactions: 2 people
Thank God everyone else sees hit the way I do. Stupid dumbass punksd. You are to follow the rules of the coach.

WMC NEWS

As a Collierville alum, this pains me. He didn't deserve that.

Pretty mild stuff imo. Like the intensity. I have only had a couple of coaches that intense and they could get you motivated to play. Sounds like he wanted them to look and play as a team and one dude wanted to be Billy White Shoes Johnson. Unfortunate any way you slice it.

The problem with these kids is their parents have turned them into a bunch of sensitive pussies, if you can't take criticism with someone yelling in your face don't play football and don't join the marines none of the kids involved in this have any business on a football field
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 3 people
I don't get it. I listened to the tape. That was pretty mild stuff to get a coach fired. Of course Colliersville is one of the more affluent areas of Memphis. Spoiled kids who are used to being babied and getting their way. Let the little basturds coach themselves.

Reactions: 3 people
You all must never have had a good coach.

This. I've been yelled at and cussed out by coaches on more than one occassion, but that rant just sounded pathetic. To me, it's not about the kids being soft, it just sounded like the coach was throwing a hissy fit because things didn't go the way he wanted. Not sure that's what I would want to teach my kids. Again, I have no problem with coaches cursing at players, but damn, do it in a manner that teaches them something. Stomping around redfaced, throwing **** just looks and sounds childish.

Reactions: 1 person
There was nothing wrong with that at all. Pathetic kids who will all expect life to be handed on a platter and everyone to sing their praises are doomed for failure.

I don't get it. I listened to the tape. That was pretty mild stuff to get a coach fired. Of course Colliersville is one of the more affluent areas of Memphis. Spoiled kids who are used to being babied and getting their way. Let the little basturds coach themselves.

Couldn't agree more

He threatens to have a kids' friend arrested for what reason?

Is this fit really thrown over a kid wanting to put tape on his shoes?

I'm all for a fired up coach but this guy is a total dip****.

Coach Abel has been at Collierville for 24 years! He has been doing this every single year to get the team fired up! It's so sad that he is gone because one group of kids cant take criticism. Pisses me off. i went to high school just a litle ways down the road and my coach put this rant to shame. So sad.

Wow is that Bill Price lol. We listened to stuff like this week in and week out while i was in HS. If you cant handle it, then GTFO. This is football. Its why girls dont play the game.

Should a coach scream and yell at HIGHSCHOOL Male football players to get his point across and motivate? Sure he should. Would I do it the same way as this coach? No............but these guys are not 10 years old............Whether or not you would take this approach or not does not matter. WHAT HAPPENS IN YOUR TEAMS LOCKER ROOM SHOULD STAY IN THE LOCKER ROOM WITHIN THE TEAM. There are exceptions to this rule like physical and obviously, criminal abuse but this just sounds like a guy going off and maybe out of control a little but he is not hitting any kids. Depending on what they did, maybe they should be kicked off and be done with it.

Wonder whats gonna happen if these kids go off to basic?Or the Police academy. Think this is bad.Wouldnt last half a day.

Why does he threaten to get one of his players' friends arrested? How the hell is that motivating? I could care less about his tone but he just rambled, acting like a badass in front of his players. He wasn't trying to motivate in any way.

Its good that this blowup was exposed. He wasn't getting his players fired up. He was showing his need for control. When I played, a coach would chew me out and spit and cuss at me (when I missed an assignment or didn't do my job). Not just because he thought he could, but to make me better. This single act of rage didn't help his players in any way.

Why does he threaten to get one of his players' friends arrested? How the hell is that motivating? I could care less about his tone but he just rambled, acting like a badass in front of his players. He wasn't trying to motivate in any way.

Its good that this blowup was exposed. He wasn't getting his players fired up. He was showing his need for control. When I played, a coach would chew me out and spit and cuss at me (when I missed an assignment or didn't do my job). Not just because he thought he could, but to make me better. This single act of rage didn't help his players in any way.

Agree. This is what it looks like when a coach loses a team. Appears to be a classic case of an assistant that wasn't cut out to be a head coach.

VN Store

Back