What to watch out for against Vandy

I saw that play the other day. It was a pretty cheap shot. I think unnecessary roughness should be the more appropriate call on that Vandy player since the play was over (runner went out of bound). Either way, it's 15 yards.

Stewart clipped him. That's 15 yards.
Geathers punched him. That's 15 yards AND an automatic ejection. He wasn't!

It seems that a Bulldog coming to a Vol forum to complain about Vandy is just plain ignorant.

It seems that a Bulldog coming to a Vol forum to complain about Vandy is just plain ignorant.

It's not just plain ignorant ,it's extra ignorant .

I don't have a good feeling about the vandy game.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Vandy is atrocious. You all will not lose to them. I attribute UGA's game with them more to UGA playing down to them than Vandy being that good.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person

I'm just worried about playing the next opponent. Right now, Vandy is in the same category I've put SC in. I call it the "prove it" category. Prove to me that you're worthy of all the clout you're getting as a football power school, and you'll get respect. Both of these teams are basketball schools, and VU > SC, even still. Until then, no soup for you.

Last edited:
Cut blocks and dirty play apparently. Franklin's not going to take it anymore, Gundy style. Guy is assclown, i hope they get their Dores blowed off the rest of the year. Is this the same guy that got canned at Auburn a few years back? Might have coached for Tuberville i believe?

Video: Geathers’ punch, Vandy player’s clip likely to result in suspensions » Comment Page 2 | UGA sports blog

Nick Fairley got away with this kind of crap all last season but the NCAA looked the other way. I wonder how much *AU paid them to keep him eligible.

Georgia is an undisciplined, punk team!!! Richt has no control over his coaches or players. His team is inconsistent. Listen to Richt say "I talked to the coaches and players about this, I just wish we could play football and shake hands after it is over". Having one of his players punch an opponent should demand more than his soft spoken, nuetral response to this incident! Richt lost complete control of his team when he allowed (encouraged) his team to run on the field after they scored against Florida.

I have lived in Middle Tn for 55 years except 4 blessed ones @ UTK. This Vandy crap is nauseating. Their new coach needs a crying towel saying their not gonna take it anymore. You have to earn respect. Vandy is and always will be the doormat of the SEC. It was once said many years ago Vandy wants to be Harvard and Yale Monday through Friday and Alabama on Saturday. They are like the little kid down the street that crys to play with the big boys and when he get his nose bloodied he runs home to momma. Sick and tired of their pablum.:furious3:

Reactions: 2 people
Not the first time a pack of losers have used chop blocks to try to incite personal foul penalties from the other team...

Classy Franklin.

I have lived in Middle Tn for 55 years except 4 blessed ones @ UTK. This Vandy crap is nauseating. Their new coach needs a crying towel saying their not gonna take it anymore. You have to earn respect. Vandy is and always will be the doormat of the SEC. It was once said many years ago Vandy wants to be Harvard and Yale Monday through Friday and Alabama on Saturday. They are like the little kid down the street that crys to play with the big boys and when he get his nose bloodied he runs home to momma. Sick and tired of their pablum.:furious3:

Agree.

Your avatar is down right mean for a wednesday morning.

Georgia is an undisciplined, punk team!!! Richt has no control over his coaches or players. His team is inconsistent. Listen to Richt say "I talked to the coaches and players about this, I just wish we could play football and shake hands after it is over". Having one of his players punch an opponent should demand more than his soft spoken, nuetral response to this incident! Richt lost complete control of his team when he allowed (encouraged) his team to run on the field after they scored against Florida.

Someone has anger issues towards my school.:banghead2:

Hmmm, well, since I've been here since '08 I didn't just come here. And if you could read you'd see that I wasn't complaining. Maybe it's you who's ingnorant. This post wasn't for uninformed fans like you. It was for the more intelligent, 5-fingered fans on this board who don't mind outsiders giving non-inbred points of view. But thanks for the input Jed.

VN Store

Back