Missouri's SEC campaign

I am not very good at posting links. That is why I gave the board site where I saw it. Glad you could post it.

Mizzou officials have now said the logo was removed to put up the 100 and the big 12 logo would return for the next game

Some possibility however in the idea that the big 12 logo was defamed/vandalized before the game and the school had to use the 100 as a last minute cover up/fix
Posted via VolNation Mobile

That messageboard is not SEC ready. Missouri if you want in the SEC you need atleast a year 1999 messageboard instead of what ever you call that monstrosity.

We pulled all of the Big XII logos off the Field. We also took it off the Helmets and Uniforms.

Mizzou doesn't wear a Big 12 patch on the uniforms, couldn't find a picture with one in the last three years, so that's nothing new. There was still a Big 12 decal on the helmets:
ISU22-Sheldon.jpg

We're part of that crowd.

(BTW, have we been stated to be? I've just seen some assumptions)

Unfortunately, as I read more about alabama's earlier issues, I'm starting to get the impression that it's less about preserving Alabama-Tennessee for them, but rather more and more about preventing auburn from having possible recruiting advantages, etc (successes, so on)

Last edited:

Unfortunately, as I read more about alabama's earlier issues, I'm starting to think it's less about preserving Alabama-Tennessee for them, but more and more about preventing auburn from having a possible recruiting advantages, etc (successes, so on)

I think they would oppose it if either could happen independently of the other.

So I think it is fairly 50/50.

Have the pro-SEC Missouri fans weighed in much on the east/west debate?

What's Missouri's position on this? Would the SEC divisional alignment have much of an impact on what it decides to do?

What's Missouri's position on this? Would the SEC divisional alignment have much of an impact on what it decides to do?

We would not mind being placed in either. Would be nice to be able to play TAMU as a crossover if we go east but that can be sacrificed to make this work

SEC East works just fine for us. If we play in the East with Arkansas as our cross division rival we would play all four of the SEC schools in border states.

Some MU fans would rather have A&M as our cross division rival though to help keep up our recruiting in Texas.

Either way is fine with me. I think Arky would be more fun and a big rival fairly fast (we already recruit a lot of the same players and they did steal our hoops coach) on the other hand I believe we have something like 30 players on our team from Texas so recruiting down there is important and playing a Texas team every year would help.

east_west_2.jpg

Works for me.

Unfortunately, as I read more about alabama's earlier issues, I'm starting to get the impression that it's less about preserving Alabama-Tennessee for them, but rather more and more about preventing auburn from having possible recruiting advantages, etc (successes, so on)

We are categorically against any scenario that ends the Alabama game being played on a yearly basis.

Missouri recruits Texas heavily and wants to be in the west because of that. Alternately, they would accept being in the east if A&M is their permanent rival.

The SEC would prefer to not pair the two as permanent rivals as they did for SC/Ark when they entered the league.

We would not mind being placed in either. Would be nice to be able to play TAMU as a crossover if we go east but that can be sacrificed to make this work

i would think likely you'd end up taking Arkansas from the Gamecocks and they'd pick up A&M...which I really don't think most (in either of those two parties) would mind actually

Last edited:
We are categorically against any scenario that ends the Alabama game being played on a yearly basis.

I figured and understand; I was just wondering if anyone had seen anything printed or reported saying we had that stance...there's just been a lot of....speculation about everything mainly

Missouri recruits Texas heavily and wants to be in the west because of that. Alternately, they would accept being in the east if A&M is their permanent rival.

The SEC would prefer to not pair the two as permanent rivals as they did for SC/Ark when they entered the league.

Yeah I figure they want to still play in Texas every other year if it's a possibility; what are the chances regarding A&M & Mizzou splitting up USCe and Arkansas?

VN Store

Back