Post-Op Surgery! Go Vols!

SandoVOL

Lurkmode [on] off
The week before the cincinnati game I asked everyone what was the best way to get to the stadium if you had a handicap. Thanks to everyone who helped me, today is the day I've been waiting 11 months for, Surgery!

Earlier today I underwent low back surgery and by all accounts thus far it was a 100% success. It would have to be if I'm already back on VN!!! I justed wanted to share my joy and thank everyone who wished me well.

For the medical field guys and gals on here I'll be technical just in case you find it interestIng. I was born with a narrow spine canal in my L4 region, over the past year the normal wear on my discs in L4-L5 were pinching the nerve causing me SEVERE Sciatica in my right leg(pain numbness weakness ect.) I haven't been able to stand up straight in forever, looked like Quasimodo limping around!

Today we did an L4 laminectomy and I can stand-up!!!!!! There is obviously pain from the surgery but it's nothing compared to what was before! If I recover quickly I'm hoping I can make another Vols game this year and be at the Vol WALK instead of Vol SIT.

For all of you surgeons and future surgeons out there, keep doing what your doing! My life would be over without you guys.

Go Vols.

Was it done out-patient or are you on a morphine pump in the hospital? Either way, I'm glad your spirits are high.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Here's to hoping Bray and Co. keep your spirits high saturday.

Good luck to you.

Was it done out-patient or are you on a morphine pump in the hospital? Either way, I'm glad your spirits are high.

It was done out-patient, I was surprised considering it involved moving and removing things that are spine deep. I'm not sure what type of anesthesia I was given but it was put into my IV and I don't remember anything. Supposedly I was able to wiggle my feet immediately after operation but I have no recollection.

It was done out-patient, I was surprised considering it involved moving and removing things that are spine deep. I'm not sure what type of anesthesia I was given but it was put into my IV and I don't remember anything. Supposedly I was able to wiggle my feet immediately after operation but I have no recollection.

It's remarkable that it was done out-patient.
Best wishes in your full recovery!

I imagine that lawgator's eyes lit up when he saw the thread title. His disappointment when he saw what kind of surgery you were having must have been crushing.

Seriously, I hope your recovery goes well.

Go Vols

Good luck on a speedy recovery--take it easy during the game, don't want to tear anything when we score!

I imagine that lawgator's eyes lit up when he saw the thread title. His disappointment when he saw what kind of surgery you were having must have been crushing.

Go Vols

LOL :boobies:

Go Vols
Big lulz

VN Store

Back