The Weightlifters Thread

They retain enough to prevent effective cutting cycles. Along with that, just remember to stay very well hydrated.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Tried my C4 PWO today. I give it a 7/10. Gave me energy, a really good pump, but not much of the focus/euphoria I get from others. Flavor was orange, tasted good. It has creatine nitrate. Not familiar with it, but we'll see what happens. I'll give it a few more tries before I form an opinion.

Well I'm not looking to cut. It's no longer swimsuit season so I don't care so much.

Yeah, I just started, the "eat whatever the f I want" portion of my year. I get up to 215 or so in the winter, and summer time I'm back to 190. I'm going to try to train leaner this winter and see what happens. The classic bodybuilders trained leaner, and I think they looked better. Not sure the 2 are related, but I'm going to try it.

T NATION | How to Build 50 Pounds of Muscle in 12 Months

Any of you meatheads ever tried Doggcapp training methods? I have been bored with lifting recently and have been doing more running. I need to try something new. Any ideas?

Never tried it, but I would say it's humanly impossible to gain 50 lbs of muscle in 12 months. It took Ronnie Coleman 4 years to add 28 lbs and he has the best genes and was juicing like a maniac.

You can add 50 lbs and look more muscular, but there's no way to do 50 lbs of muscle.

After reading the routine, I've tried similar hypertrophy routines. I like them, but I like more detail. I really like Dorian Yates Blood and Guts regiment, which is kind of the best of both worlds. Hypertrophy/HIT principles with a little more detail work (which requires a 4 day split, not 3).

Yates has very detailed, and brief workout videos. They are great resources:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y86TYYpaMoA[/youtube]

Never tried it, but I would say it's humanly impossible to gain 50 lbs of muscle in 12 months. It took Ronnie Coleman 4 years to add 28 lbs and he has the best genes and was juicing like a maniac.

You can add 50 lbs and look more muscular, but there's no way to do 50 lbs of muscle.

I think Billy C added an insane amount of weight over a relatively short period of time.

I think Billy C added an insane amount of weight over a relatively short period of time.

Yeah, I agree that you can add 50 lbs, it's just not all muscle. I'm probably being too technical about it. When people say, "I want to add 20 lbs of muscle" they probably just mean "I want to add 20 lbs and look more muscular".

Just posting the link for those who haven't heard of it. I don't want or need to add 50 pounds of muscle. I am interested in the training principles. I actually like the ideas of the widowmakers that DC does.

Just posting the link for those who haven't heard of it. I don't want or need to add 50 pounds of muscle. I am interested in the training principles. I actually like the ideas of the widowmakers that DC does.
I've read up on it a lot. Has a big following and seems pretty proven. LLcooldave uses DC IIRC

Building cycles aren't even supposed to last that long. No way could you sustain muscle growth like that for a whole year. Even dudes who juice need to take breaks.

Building cycles aren't even supposed to last that long. No way could you sustain muscle growth like that for a whole year. Even dudes who juice need to take breaks.

Most do juice year round just run different stuff for different cycles. Anyway 50 lbs of pure muscle in a year is impossible IMO. Hell it would be hard to gain 50lbs in a year period

I have really missed lifting consistently. Reading all the posts in this thread makes me want to get back in the gym 5 times a week, but it's hard to right now.

During season we only lift about twice a week and that is really just to retain. We aren't doing any real heavy weight or trying to make gains. It's kind of a bittersweet feeling. I love football season, but I always seem to reduce and drop off a little during season.

Only 6 games left and I'll be back at it though.

Has anyone tried Assault by MusclePharm? I need some more PW after being off for about three weeks. Seems to have gotten good reviews over on bodybuilding.

Edit: I ordered some. It's on sale on bodybuilding and it came with a bottle of MusclePharm's multi, Armor-V, which had a nice nutrient profile and seemed pretty legit. I was getting low on my ON Opti-Men anyway, so I figured it was worth a shot. I'll post a review before too long.

Last edited:
I have really missed lifting consistently. Reading all the posts in this thread makes me want to get back in the gym 5 times a week, but it's hard to right now.

During season we only lift about twice a week and that is really just to retain. We aren't doing any real heavy weight or trying to make gains. It's kind of a bittersweet feeling. I love football season, but I always seem to reduce and drop off a little during season.

Only 6 games left and I'll be back at it though

You can lift the rest of your life. I envy you. Enjoy football while you still have a chance to play.

T NATION | How to Build 50 Pounds of Muscle in 12 Months

Any of you meatheads ever tried Doggcapp training methods? I have been bored with lifting recently and have been doing more running. I need to try something new. Any ideas?

If you want to gain size, give DC a try. But, study it first. It is intense and that is an understatement. I've done DC my last two "go 'rounds" and am planning to jump back to it soon, going DC.

Honestly, my real problem is I've been lifting for over a decade and I'm bored right now. I have lost some size since cutting back but I'm okay with that. At one point I was hovering at about 280 and moving some heavy weights. I didn't like being that bulky so I cut back. I just need to find something new to spark my interest again.

VN Store

Back