AJC Predicts UGA Loss

Why is everybody bothered by "I know. It's Tennessee"? It's not like anybody who's picked up a sports page in the last two or three years doesn't know where we are compared to where we were. I think it's a valid point. And I would be happy if the dawgs felt like we were the underdog in this game.

Dangit I can't wait for some football!!! GO VOLS!!!

Sound wisdom Vollygirl. I have to agree!

over 3000 yds and over 60% completion percentage. If TB can duplicate that this year I will do cartwheels.

Only 3000 yards? Over 12 games?

Pffft... Tyler had around 1800 in 4 or 5.

Not impressed, at all. :dance2:

Why is everybody bothered by "I know. It's Tennessee"? It's not like anybody who's picked up a sports page in the last two or three years doesn't know where we are compared to where we were. I think it's a valid point. And I would be happy if the dawgs felt like we were the underdog in this game.

Florida can write that. Alabama can maybe write that. A Georgia columnist should never write that.

Last edited:
Florida can write that. Alabama can maybe write that. A Georgia columnist should never write that.

No kidding...even in our slide we've more than handled a Georgia program that considers itself top tier. That's just arrogance and denial...which pretty much explains the Georgia fan base in general. So much resources and so little to show for it all.

Having lived in Atlanta the past 20 years, I've really grown to hate Georgia. Never paid much attention to them growing up in Chattanooga.

Last edited:

Because, as I said before, it doesn't gel with something the columnist said later in his article:

Mark Richt’s Dogs have been shellacked in their past two trips to Knoxville (combined score: 80-33).

So we're not to be taken seriously even though in their last 2 trips to Neyland they've been utterly run out of the building?

Because, as I said before, it doesn't gel with something the columnist said later in his article:

So we're not to be taken seriously even though in their last 2 trips to Neyland they've been utterly run out of the building?

Let him think we are not to be taken seriously, and that the UG Dawgs will be a amazing team in the SEC East.

The UG Dawgs can have a winning season but I don't think they will be 9-3.

No kidding...even in our slide we've more than handled a Georgia program that considers itself top tier. That's just arrogance and denial...which pretty much explains the Georgia fan base in general. So much resources and so little to show for it all.

Having lived in Atlanta the past 20 years, I've really grown to hate Georgia. Never paid much attention to them growing up in Chattanooga.

As a UGA alum, and having lived in GA all of my life, I can tell you that UGA fans don't consider UGA a "top tier" program any more than UT fans consider UT a "top tier" program. UGA should be a top tier program given the fact that GA produces so many high-ranking recruits. But it is not and hasn't been for many years. I think you can point to any program other than your own and say that their fans think that way. I know several UT, AU, even USC fans who are optimistic every season. But for the most part, I think UGA fans are as realistic as any when it comes to where we are as a program.

As a UGA alum, and having lived in GA all of my life, I can tell you that UGA fans don't consider UGA a "top tier" program any more than UT fans consider UT a "top tier" program. UGA should be a top tier program given the fact that GA produces so many high-ranking recruits. But it is not and hasn't been for many years. I think you can point to any program other than your own and say that their fans think that way. I know several UT, AU, even USC fans who are optimistic every season. But for the most part, I think UGA fans are as realistic as any when it comes to where we are as a program.

Other than a few orange cool-aid drinkers around here, you haven't been around the mass of 'woe is me' Vol fan. Sorry, not buying what you're selling. Every year I read about the top recruiting class and stud players all over UGA's roster and am told by friends and co-workers how this year is going to be UGA's. I revel in your misery. The only program's misery I'd revel in more is Florida's. I'd guess we have that in common. I was at the UGA/BSU game and was eye witness to the pure arrogance and delusions of the UGA fans...at least before the game. They were a pretty humble and decent lot after the game.

Other than a few orange cool-aid drinkers around here, you haven't been around the mass of 'woe is me' Vol fan. Sorry, not buying what you're selling. Every year I read about the top recruiting class and stud players all over UGA's roster and am told by friends and co-workers how this year is going to be UGA's. I revel in your misery. The only program's misery I'd revel in more is Florida's. I'd guess we have that in common. I was at the UGA/BSU game and was eye witness to the pure arrogance and delusions of the UGA fans...at least before the game. They were a pretty humble and decent lot after the game.

So UT fans just sit down and shut up before a big game?!?! And believe me, we revel in your misery as much or more than you revel in our's. Big part of the reason that I like to come here. Fact is that UGA is the flagship university in one of the best hotbeds of college football talent in the country. Don't believe me? Look at your roster. We should have high expectations. When we keep kids at home, and have coaching, we are successful. I can show you many, many quotes here on this board that UT fans are as delusional as you say UGA fans are. And TN is not a hotbed for HS football talent.

Is UGA going to bust out those Power Ranger uni's for the Tenn / UGA game? Or maybe add some cool flames and capes?

So UT fans just sit down and shut up before a big game?!?! And believe me, we revel in your misery as much or more than you revel in our's. Big part of the reason that I like to come here. Fact is that UGA is the flagship university in one of the best hotbeds of college football talent in the country. Don't believe me? Look at your roster. We should have high expectations. When we keep kids at home, and have coaching, we are successful. I can show you many, many quotes here on this board that UT fans are as delusional as you say UGA fans are. And TN is not a hotbed for HS football talent.

Tennessee doesn't have to be a hot bed for recruits when we have Georgia. You revel in our misery because we inflicted a bunch of misery on the dawgs for a long time...I get that.

Last edited:
When we smoked UGA 38 - 13 in Knoxville during the '97 season, I saw a girl UGA fan crying as she left the stadium. My God it was hilarious.

Very early in the season but already the UG Dawgs are 0-2 losing in a heartbreaker to the Gamecocks.

VN Store

Back