cool uniform picture

l2dab16

Everybody thinks black was a Kiffin thing but look at this picture & the history of the Vols uniforms....i like the orange helmet

FF_315799_xl.jpg

Everybody thinks black was a Kiffin thing but look at this picture & the history of the Vols uniforms....i like the orange helmet

FF_315799_xl.jpg

Very few schools wore their colors in that era. Black was a standard jersey. Not a tradition. Since 1922 Life is Orange and White unless you are an Oklahoma State or Oregon State Fan. Black does make a good high school jersey though.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

If Nike made a jersey for us I bet it would look like the black jersey w/ the power T in the front and the patches.

Let's pray Nike never makes a uniform for us. I don't want to look like a Power Ranger.

The black one looks like what you'd wear under a jersey and the one next to it looks like a baseball uniform.

Very few schools wore their colors in that era. Black was a standard jersey. Not a tradition. Since 1922 Life is Orange and White unless you are an Oklahoma State or Oregon State Fan. Black does make a good high school jersey though.

Very few? It seems Tennessee wore their colors in "that" era. See the orange "T" on the black jersey? See the orange stripes on the arms of the other black jersey (Princeton copy)? Not high schools teams. Tennessee.

Why not just say you hate the thought of the Vols ever again having a black jersey?

Loved the black, would like to see it occasionally. I think a lot of us had seen the jerseys, but I've never seen it framed like that. Cool picture man.

I remember reading an interview from Hammy about this subject. The fact that TN had used black in the past is why he allowed it to happen. The black jersey would be good for a special games. Kind of like ND with the green jersey. I like traditional stuff but if something gets the kids to go out and play like they did the last time they wore them then I am all for it.

Sweet find. I really miss the two top right corner uniforms. As far as "pro combat" style uniform goes, if we ever did one I would like to see one as a dedication to the soldiers. Maybe flat black helmets, camo pants or jerseys, a little black or something. Kind of like what Mizzou did a few years ago. JMO, I know this isn't the never ending fashion thread.

Yep. To all you nuts out there you should know that even tho our team wore this color for years, that it is NOT part of the tradition. Those years really don't count. I mean those weak UT teams were nothing like our MCB participants of today. Sure some of them went undefeated and unscored upon, but those are not real teams. Only the ones that I can remember are real tradition. Black is a Kiffin color. Got it. :thumbsup:

I was noticing something today. Look at Peyton's jersey. Doesnt his 16 look very big? Bigger than the numbers now

FF_315799_xl.jpg

Very nice. So much for the ones saying black are non traditional and not part of our colors or tradition. There's no more proof than that. Plus Anyone who blames Kiffin doesn't have a clue. It was Berry and his teammates not Kiffin.

Very nice. So much for the ones saying black are non traditional and not part of our colors or tradition. There's no more proof than that. Plus Anyone who blames Kiffin doesn't have a clue. It was Berry and his teammates not Kiffin.

We see Eye to Eye on this one, muR'

VN Store

Back