Tugboat might be a jon boat

PrattvilleVol

RIP RichRollin
When you weigh 330 lbs. your supposed to win this battle ALL DAY LONG!

TE Zach Gordon picks Wake Forest over Stanford | AJC College Sports Recruiting

Teague recalled last year’s season opener when Gordon was matched up against Allan Carson, the 6-foot, 330-pound defensive tackle from Oxford (Ala.) High School who later signed with Tennessee. “Zach weighed about 220 pounds last year when we played that game, and he pancaked [Carson] about four times.

When you weigh 330 lbs. your supposed to win this battle ALL DAY LONG!

TE Zach Gordon picks Wake Forest over Stanford | AJC College Sports Recruiting

Teague recalled last year’s season opener when Gordon was matched up against Allan Carson, the 6-foot, 330-pound defensive tackle from Oxford (Ala.) High School who later signed with Tennessee. “Zach weighed about 220 pounds last year when we played that game, and he pancaked [Carson] about four times.

This doesn't sound good

I like AC as he's had a great attitude and is VFL to the core. Let's hope he picks it up in the weight room.

Maybe tug was confused and thought that if he was going to get pancaked that they would be the kind that end up in your mouth

Actually hard to believe considering this kid is 6-5 if Carson gets as low to the ground as they say he does, unless he just blind sided him. Carson is supposedly a hard guy to move. Could be this kids high school coach just building his own player up too. I would have to see it to believe it.

I read the same thing a while back. I didn't believe it then, and I don't believe it now. Wasn't Carson a nose guard in H.S. anyways? No way he gets pancaked by a 220 lb guy one on one, head to head. I'm calling B.S. on the claim.

Last edited:
Allan Carson #63 - YouTube

This guy fights thru double and sometimes triple teams. For this to be true there had to be some unusual circumstances involved IMO, but not from a down position on the snap of the ball.

Last edited:
Why is a TE blocking a DT? Never seen that before, unless he's cutback blocking.

It depends on the defensive allighnment. Maybe the defense shifted hard to the strong side. Your blocking assignment isnt always a specific position. In fact, most of the time its not. Your blocking assignment is bazed on the play and what gaps the d line is in.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I read the same thing a while back. I didn't believe it then, and I don't believe it now. Wasn't Carson a nose guard in H.S. anyways? No way he gets pancaked a 220 lb guy one on one, head to head. I'm calling B.S. on the claim.

I second this. Carson was always in the middle. If a TE pancaked him, he blindsided him while he was engaged with another player. Total BS.

well there are counter plays were guard and tackle pull, maybe they ran a counter with a tackle and te?

well there are counter plays were guard and tackle pull, maybe they ran a counter with a tackle and te?

Bahahaha! Agree! Like I said, no way head to head. Maybe he caught him off balance moving laterally, but if AC is going straight forward No Way in He!! this happens.

That kid needs to put down the crack pipe, AC is a noseguard lining up over center. Maybe if he was double teamed I might believe it. SHOW THE TAPE...Till then I say BS.

Produce the video, big mouth. This is just a coach hyping a player. You get very few pancake blocks in a game. He got 4 on this big guy? :no:

It depends on the defensive allighnment. Maybe the defense shifted hard to the strong side. Your blocking assignment isnt always a specific position. In fact, most of the time its not. Your blocking assignment is bazed on the play and what gaps the d line is in.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I know about football alignment. At no time is a TE locked up on a DT or NG, ever, and Carson didn't play DE. Only possible way for him to block him is on a slant block on a toss sweep when the DT is running lateral with his head in the backfield.

Teague recalled last year’s season opener when Gordon was matched up against Allan Carson, the 6-foot, 330-pound defensive tackle from Oxford (Ala.) High School who later signed with Tennessee. “Zach weighed about 220 pounds last year when we played that game, and he noticed Carson eating pancakes about four times[/B].

fyp

I know about football alignment. At no time is a TE locked up on a DT or NG, ever, and Carson didn't play DE. Only possible way for him to block him is on a slant block on a toss sweep when the DT is running lateral with his head in the backfield.

My guess is a weird inside trap from the outside. You see that in a lot of misdirection style offenses. The Delaware Wing T comes to mind. The Wing T (and a few others) also have the Tight End line up in the backfield in the Wing back or an H-back style position.

Pancaking a guy that much bigger has Trap written all over it. If not from a Wing T, something similar.

My guess is a weird inside trap from the outside. You see that in a lot of misdirection style offenses. The Delaware Wing T comes to mind. The Wing T (and a few others) also have the Tight End line up in the backfield in the Wing back or an H-back style position.

Pancaking a guy that much bigger has Trap written all over it. If not from a Wing T, something similar.

Pancaking means you got up under a guy, drove him back, drove him in the ground and laid on top of him. Many linemen go thru the whole year without pancake blocks. 4 in one game by a TE on a NG doesn't add up. I just think this coach got a little overzealous. Play hard to get, females get jealous.

VN Store

Back