'13 VA LB E.J. Levenberry (FSU commit)

mooreaj21

Linebacker
Woodbridge, Va.
C.D. Hylton
HT: 6'3
WT: 226
Class: 2013

Tennessee has offered, also has offers from Alabama, Florida, FSU, ECU, Maryland, Michigan, UNC, N.C. State, Oklahoma, Rugters, VT, & Vandy.

Coach Sirmon stopped by to see him last week.

"If I had to say there's a top five and it's in no specific order it would be Florida State, Florida, Alabama, Tennessee and North Carolina
- Rivals

Rivals Profile
Scout Profile

With Class of 2011 five-star Curtis Grant (Ohio State) linebacker in attendance, this rising junior looked like the guy most likely to accept the mantle as he's already emerged as a potential five-star recruit. Levenberry turned heads at the event with his massive build, sharp footwork and sound football instincts and the Hylton fans could be reminded former Bulldogs standout Ahmad Brook when this kid hits the field. With two more years of development, the potential here is sky high.
- Rivals

If we can hang in there with guys like these for awhile, who are not from the deep south --in Florida and Alabama's back yard-- and have an impressive 8 or 9 win season, we could land a top notch class full of guys like this.

If we can hang in there with guys like these for awhile, who are not from the deep south --in Florida and Alabama's back yard-- and have an impressive 8 or 9 win season, we could land a top notch class full of guys like this.

Tennessee has recruited the state of Virginia decently well for years.

"I know that’s it’s a great, great, great school," E.J. Levenberry said of the Volunteers. "I looked up the facilities on the computer, and they’re nice. Coach (Peter) Sirmon is a nice guy. He’d be a great position coach and put me where I needed to be in college. When you look at Peyton Manning and all the other great players who have come through the University, I’m just happy to be given the chance at a program like that."

"I’m looking at programs that show they want me there both as a player and a student," said Levenberry. "I don’t want any special treatment. I’m there to go to class like everybody else. I like to compete. I don’t need anybody to promise me stuff like early playing time. I want to go in and compete with the other players and have them say ‘this dude is playing because he outworked everybody out there’.

"The second thing is I want to go to a school to compete for a National Championship or go to a big-time bowl game. It’s something I can tell my kids I played in."
- Scout

Plans to visit in July w/ his dad.

"The 10 teams are FSU, Florida, Michigan, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Virginia, North Carolina, LSU, and Alabama but those are subject to change it's just an early list," he said. "The three teams that standout the most to me are FSU, Tennessee and Oklahoma."
-Rivals

From what this kid says he should really like Dooley. Hope he visits and has a nice sit down with the coaches. Looks like a force with a good head on his shoulders.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

FSU, Oklahoma, and Tennessee are his top three
per Chad Simmons

Last edited:
Elliot Berry
Evan Berry
EJ Levenberry

All the pieces are there, somebody make somethin out of it. Where's swiperboy?

Reactions: 1 person
http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-recruiting/128105-13-va-lb-e-j-levenberry.html

From the ESPN article above:
Tennessee: The Vols made an early impression with their Vol For Life program that allows athletes to come back to school for free if they don't graduate before their eligibility is up. Since, other schools, namely Florida, have told the Levenberrys it offers similar programs. Still, the Vols made an impression with their overall student-athlete support. "That really spoke volumes to me," said Eric Levenberry. "That said to me that they care about you as a person."

One of the top players in the Southeast for 2013 is linebacker E.J. Levenberry. Levenberry checks in from Woodbridge (VA) C.D. Hylton High School. He carries a 3.0 GPA and scored a 1210 on the SAT. Levenberry also has a top five at this time per his father including Oklahoma, Florida State, Florida, Tennessee and Auburn. He checks in at 6'3 and 220-pounds.
- Scout

"We talked to Maryland and they hadn't even seen his film. I'm like, okay. You've got one of the top kids from right there and you haven't even taken the time to get his film from DeMatha? We went to Tennessee and they had his jersey right there for him. That means they took the time to find out what his number is. It tells you something."

Currently, five schools lead for the 6-foot-3, 226-pound linebacker.

"The five schools are Florida, Florida State, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Auburn," Eric Levenberry said of his son's list. "He's going to take his official visits. My thing is you've got to get all the official visits you can. We've visited Florida State twice and we're going to visit them again.

- Rivals

Sounds like his dad is a big factor in his recruitment.

VN Store

Back