104.5 hating on Bray

Plaster is such a dork. I wonder what the over/under is on,

How many times he was beat up in grade school, and

How many dates he had in high school.

I would go with 12 and 2 respectively.

It is pretty funny to have a sports commentator from Vandy. It is kind a like having a French military leader or a German human rights monitor.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Another station is changing formats...i think it was 102.5 or something like that.

yep

Just in time for football season, Nashville is getting another jolt of sports talk radio.

Local radio station executive Bayard “Bud” Walters and the Cromwell Group Inc. plan to jump into the sports radio niche by switching WPRT-FM 102.5 to the all-sports format under the nickname “The Game,” once studio renovations are completed.

Walters said 102.5 The Game will serve up local programming as much as possible each week. Full programming hasn’t been announced.

“We are pledging from the beginning to have local sports talk in morning and afternoon along with lots of live game play by play,” Walters said in a statement.

When the station launches, local sports personality Darren McFarland and former Tennessee Titans lineman Brad Hopkins will anchor morning drive time with a show called The First Quarter that will air weekdays from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. Until late 2009, McFarland was part of The Sports Zone show hosted by George Plaster on 104.5 FM.

More sports talk radio is coming to Nashville this fall | The Tennessean | tennessean.com

Another station is changing formats...i think it was 102.5 or something like that.

You are correct. The Preds are also moving to this station. Just hope they don't hire Biddle. That guy is awful. Worse than Plaster ( and that's tough to do).

I honestly don't have a problem with the morning show. It's Plaster I can't take. I honestly think that since the station dumped Vandy they talk about them even more.

Frank "Whine"-check & Mark ("can't see me shoes for my belly") Howard...both nitwits who, along with Clay Travis & his pack of fruitcakes, really stink up sports radio here in Nashville. Oh, for the days of Bob Bell! At least Coach Doug Matthews is a saving grace of 104.5.

Plaster is such a dork. I wonder what the over/under is on,

How many times he was beat up in grade school, and

How many dates he had in high school.

I would go with 12 and 2 respectively.

It is pretty funny to have a sports commentator from Vandy. It is kind a like having a French military leader or a German human rights monitor.

The over/under on FEMALE dates he had is zero.

When the station launches, local sports personality Darren McFarland and former Tennessee Titans lineman Brad Hopkins will anchor morning drive time with a show called The First Quarter that will air weekdays from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. Until late 2009, McFarland was part of The Sports Zone show hosted by George Plaster on 104.5 FM.

If McFarland and Hopkins are their morning hosts, it definitely doesn't present an upgrade from anything on 104.5.

More info/rumors from section 303. Sure its hockey but it is sports related

Radio industry staple All Access is confirming that 102.5 the Party will be flipping formats to Sports, becoming 102.5 the Game.

What does this mean for the Nashville Predators? It’s simple. Not only does it give the city of Nashville some sports talk competition on the FM side of the dial, but it also could become the Preds flagship very soon.

WBUZ 102.9 the Buzz, who currently hosts Predators games, is an “active rock” formatted station. The team moved there from WGFX 104.5 the Zone late last summer in an effort to guarantee station consistency.

If you recall, when Nashville was on The Zone, they bounced around at times. Sometimes games were on Lightning 100. Other times they were on 97.1 RQQ. Then, after Citadel moved the Tennessee Titans flagship from WKDF to WGFX — and then added University of Tennessee athletics on top of that — the Predators organization was not happy about it. They knew they’d be playing fourth or fifth fiddle on their own flagship station.

Enter The Cromwell Group.

102.9 the Buzz is owned by Cromwell, as is 102.5 the Party. It’s very easy to see that the plan was to bring the Predators into their network family, giving them a major league franchise to kick-start their new sports station when it was ready.

The Predators’ contract with 104.5 the Zone was up after the 2009-10 season. In an effort to secure their headline product, The Cromwell Group pounced when they could. 102.9 the Buzz became the new flagship for the Preds and now, it appears, 102.5 the Game could finally inherit it.

How soon, however, is the million dollar question. It would make sense to happen this season. After all, it doesn’t do The Cromwell Group much good to launch a sports talk station without a major product, especially if they have one in-house. But, at the same time, there could be something unknown in the contract that says Predators hockey must stay on 102.9 the Buzz for a certain number of seasons.

102.5′s format flip should take place in stages over the next few weeks, according to All Access. Former Sports Zone co-host Darren McFarland and former Tennessee Titans tackle Brad Hopkins are the first Game personalities. They will host a morning show called The First Quarter to compete with 104.5′s Wake Up Zone. For the past 10 months, McFarland and Hopkins have co-hosted The Afternoon Pressbox on 560 WNSR, the only other sports talk station in Music City.

Until now.

102.5 the Game to become Predators’ new flagship station? | Section 303

I don't mind people telling it like it is. I'm not looking for UT homers but Mark Howard is pathetic. He hasn't had an original thought in years and manages to boil every sports related topic down to the Yankees. If he has an opinion on something UT it's because someone gave it to him. There is a reason the local CBS affiliate fired the guy and it wasn't solely because he blew up like a balloon at the Macy's day parade and could no longer fit on the monitors. Although the guys in the afternoon are Vandy alums I don't see that they bash UT or give Vandy any extra love.

The new station sounds interesting. I always liked Darren McFarland before they canned him at the Zone for "financial" reasons.

i understand that howard and wycheck are both from out of state, no real ties to tennessee except employment, howard tv, wycheck titans. i am sure they associate and influenced by people that run the same circles as they do (preds, titans) that are indifferent to the VOLS and some groups that hate the BIG ORANGE (vandy) and until 104.5 understands that their stations fan base along with revenues would increase with UT FANS listening. but if they feel to alienate UT FANS is good for business then continue onward i am sure can find another place for our schools information.

I quit listning to 104.5 a couple of years ago because of Plaster Howard and (at the time) Jim Rome and got Sirrus. 104.5 is the flagship of bad soprts talk and really should be banned!!!!:D

Good to see some competion comming but I do think it would be a big mistake for them to bring the Preds on, nothing except for soccer will make me turn the dial faster than hockey.

they are not hating at all, they are giving what you call an opinion. If you dont like change the station.

Which one are you related to? Probably Howard seeing as Wycheck actually knows football. I feel bad he has to talk to a moron. At least he gets paid I guess

Frank "Whine"-check & Mark ("can't see me shoes for my belly") Howard...both nitwits who, along with Clay Travis & his pack of fruitcakes, really stink up sports radio here in Nashville. Oh, for the days of Bob Bell! At least Coach Doug Matthews is a saving grace of 104.5.

Better than paying every free agent to win. Yankees and Packers... really?

Frank Wycheck and Mark Howard have been killing Bray lately. They said the offense has to be dumbed down for him because he gets confused with people going in motion. Howard went on to say Bray's stats from last year were misleading because Memphis stinks, Ole Miss quit, and the other teams didn't play well. This is the so-called station for the Vols in Middle Tennessee.

I hope bray is the next Peyton manning but there is some validity to what they say. I'm going into this season with cautious optimism because I'm not totally sold on bray quite yet. His decision making ability is still a huge question mark. You better believe SEC defenses are going to be creative trying to confuse the kid. Question will be...can Bray adjust on the fly? Time will tell...

Originally Posted by volatil
Frank Wycheck and Mark Howard have been killing Bray lately. They said the offense has to be dumbed down for him because he gets confused with people going in motion.
They went off the info they have been given from Hubbs/Hymans.
Howard went on to say Bray's stats from last year were misleading because Memphis stinks, Ole Miss quit, and the other teams didn't play well. This is the so-called station for the Vols in Middle Tennessee.
Last I checked all those teams were not only bad teams but terrible. I for one want to see what Brey does against the big boys. If that makes me less a fan, so be it.
But I don’t always want to hear the emperors clothes look good.

For the record I have never once heard them say they hate UT. Most of the time Howard shows UT a lotta love, and like I said earlier I dont think Wycheck cares too much.

Unfortunately we don't have a good source for the Vols in middle Tn. I listen to the Sports Animal on my iphone, their not great either but they at least talk about Vol football alot more than youll get in the Nashville area.

The vols has taken a back seat to the titans and preds in this area. And all the bandwagon trash as well.

The vols has taken a back seat to the titans and preds in this area. And all the bandwagon trash as well.

Agreed 100%. Not to mention the Preds, when they were thinking of moving all that clown Plaster could talk about was the Preds. I got to the point I hoped they would move just so he would shut up.

Oh man I remember listening to Bob Bell and Bill King on 1510 WLAC as a kid!! Bob Bell was a huge UT homer and didn't mind letting people know it!!

And Vandy for that matter ^^^^

I'm so sick of James Franklin calling into the zone talking all loud!! NOBODY CARES ABOUT VANDY!!!! The zone is suppose to be the flagship station for UT here but they need to do a better job promoting UT!! If bama fans, FU fans, Ohio state fans etc living in the area don't like it... CHANGE THE ****IN' CHANNLE, THIS IS BIG ORANGE COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!

I'm so sick of James Franklin calling into the zone talking all loud!! NOBODY CARES ABOUT VANDY!!!! The zone is suppose to be the flagship station for UT here but they need to do a better job promoting UT!! If bama fans, FU fans, Ohio state fans etc living in the area don't like it... CHANGE THE ****IN' CHANNLE, THIS IS BIG ORANGE COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!

:clapping:

:good!::rock:

VN Store

Back