2012 commitment list

We have five baseball commits for 2012. The fifth is Drake Owenby from Powell High School in Knoxville. I really like our new coach and staff. We finally have a baseball program again.

When is signing day for college baseball?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

When is signing day for college baseball?

Fall Signing Dates are November 9 - November 16,2011

The spring signing period beings April 11, 2012 and ends August 1, 2012

Last edited:
Yeah but even if Serrano wasnt here Simcox would have come. It doesnt matter who the coach is, Simcox was going to UT. Have you seen Vandys or Florida recruiting classes? All their players get drafted and are in the top 150 players in the nation. Once we do that then I will get excited.

you're kidding me right? you obviously didn't listen to his radio interview... you know, the one when he flat out said he wasn't going to go to UT until Dave came along.

you're kidding me right? you obviously didn't listen to his radio interview... you know, the one when he flat out said he wasn't going to go to UT until Dave came along.

You can add Andrew Lee as another commit who said he wasn't interested in us until Serrano got here.

Also said that Vandy and Louisville were after him as well. So that would make two guys that Vandy was after that we got and yet we aren't going to be able to compete with them even though we are after the same guys?

Brilliant.

Its great to get instate guys. Need to be getting the stephen gant's of the world if this thing is gonna get turned around. King from Riverdale committed to GA Tech recently. UT wasn't even on his list of options

Its great to get instate guys. Need to be getting the stephen gant's of the world if this thing is gonna get turned around. King from Riverdale committed to GA Tech recently. UT wasn't even on his list of options

I've tried to talk Gant into considering UT again since Serrano is here.

Seems pretty solid to Vandy though.

I've tried to talk Gant into considering UT again since Serrano is here.

Seems pretty solid to Vandy though.

Edit: No worries, I'm not a stalker. We're friends..I caught him at Riverside his freshman and sophomore years.

I got to meet Colton Harris tonight. Said he loves Coach Serrano and genuinely believes they are about to turn things around. Great kid.

KendallRogerPG: "Said a while back #Tennessee coach Dave Serrano wouldn't let things stay same for long. His staff is recruiting lights out. #Vols #UT #SEC"

"CBT: #Tennessee has landed arguably the nation's top JUCO player, plus commits for #UCF #AppyState #EIU. Rogers' College Premium Forum - Perfect Game #Vols #SEC"

Anyone know who it is?

KendallRogerPG: "Said a while back #Tennessee coach Dave Serrano wouldn't let things stay same for long. His staff is recruiting lights out. #Vols #UT #SEC"

"CBT: #Tennessee has landed arguably the nation's top JUCO player, plus commits for #UCF #AppyState #EIU. Rogers' College Premium Forum - Perfect Game #Vols #SEC"

JC all-american pitcher/1B. 10-1/2.10 ERA. Batted around .400 w/ 18 homeruns and 100 RBI.
Re: Serrano got another big time recruit. Who is it? (reply)
by manofsteel51 at 10/18 1:43 PM

Adam Giacalone is a pitcher/first baseman who was a JUCO All-American last season and throws from the right side.

He went 10-1 with a 2.10 ERA in 83 1/3 innings for Neosho Community College last season. He also struck out 83 and walked 14 and teams hit him at a .229 clip.

Giacalone batted .396 with 18 home runs and 102 RBIs.

Giacalone was courted by several programs, such as TCU, Texas A&M, LSU, Auburn and Nebraska, among others.

JC all-american pitcher/1B. 10-1/2.10 ERA. Batted around .400 w/ 18 homeruns and 100 RBI.
Re: Serrano got another big time recruit. Who is it? (reply)
by manofsteel51 at 10/18 1:43 PM

Adam Giacalone is a pitcher/first baseman who was a JUCO All-American last season and throws from the right side.

He went 10-1 with a 2.10 ERA in 83 1/3 innings for Neosho Community College last season. He also struck out 83 and walked 14 and teams hit him at a .229 clip.

Giacalone batted .396 with 18 home runs and 102 RBIs.

Giacalone was courted by several programs, such as TCU, Texas A&M, LSU, Auburn and Nebraska, among others.

Wow. Thanks, Jordan. I was about to ask you on twitter. This is a huge pickup. I am so excited about the future of this program.

Wow. Thanks, Jordan. I was about to ask you on twitter. This is a huge pickup. I am so excited about the future of this program.

As am I! I LOVE baseball, I use to go to A LOT of the games when Delmonico was here then stopped when Raleigh came (couldn't stand him). I can't wait for the season to start, Serrano was a HOMERUN hire.

As am I! I LOVE baseball, I use to go to A LOT of the games when Delmonico was here then stopped when Raleigh came (couldn't stand him). I can't wait for the season to start, Serrano was a HOMERUN hire.

Yea. Ironically, I wasn't really a fan until '09. I was at every home game Raleigh's middle two years, knowing how much the kids needed support; feeling their pain, having been down there in '08. I couldn't make it to a game last season. Just didn't have the stomach to continue to watch the train wreck.

To see this program be headed back where it belongs, means the world to me. And I don't want to imply that a Serrano run program guarantees wins. What I mean is that he will demand respect from everyone in the country in every aspect of college baseball. That is what matters to me. Serrano gets it. He has made me feel more welcome in this baseball program now than I did as a PLAYER under Raleigh. Waaay more welcome. That means so much to me specifically, but it also has huge implications for everyone who wants to be a part of this program. You will be welcomed with open arms now and in the future. Fans, players, donors. Nothing goes unnoticed. That is HUGE. I am so happy with this staff.

Updated and added a few things to already existing commits. If I am missing anyone let me know.

Last edited:
Not that it matters, but I went to high school with David Houser. He was a freshman when I was a senior but the dudes a freak, and was even when he was that young. Should be a solid pick up.

When does this signing period end? Will this list of players be here this year or next? I love baseball but not as familiar with how the recruiting goes.

Im excited about Serrano and what he is gonna do here! Cant wait to see a few games!

Is Adam Giacalone going to be eligible to play this year? Some on VQ said that it isn't uncommon for JC guys to enroll in January and be playing in the Spring.

Hope that is the case.

Is Adam Giacalone going to be eligible to play this year? Some on VQ said that it isn't uncommon for JC guys to enroll in January and be playing in the Spring.

Hope that is the case.

I can't swear to it, but I feel like you may not be able to do that anymore. I know you used to. That is what Ty'Relle did here. Nonetheless, Giacalone will not be here until next year, per his twitter.

VN Store

Back