40: 4.34
Position: RB
Year: Class of 2013
High School: Dillon HS
Dillon, SC

Vols offered today.
Va Tech, ECU have previously offered.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq-BpMwEBFw[/youtube]

Well, the only Keyante Green plan has already fallen by the wayside. If that was ever a thing, I'm sure it hinged on an early commitment from him and on us hitting some of the RB targets this year.

Well, the only Keyante Green plan has already fallen by the wayside. If that was ever a thing, I'm sure it hinged on an early commitment from him and on us hitting some of the RB targets this year.

So, the fact that we are offering another RB, means that we aren't going to land Keyante?? That's a pretty big stretch, especially considering we haven't even finished the 2012 class.

So, the fact that we are offering another RB, means that we aren't going to land Keyante?? That's a pretty big stretch, especially considering we haven't even finished the 2012 class.

No, no, that's not what I was saying. Keyante Green said that the staff told him he'd be their only RB in 2013. If that was ever anything more than a misunderstand on his part, it's gone now.

No, no, that's not what I was saying. Keyante Green said that the staff told him he'd be their only RB in 2013. If that was ever anything more than a misunderstand on his part, it's gone now.

Keyante knows the coaches want him, and I believe he wants to be a Vol, but he's going to play out the process for a little bit. Nothing wrong with that, and nothing wrong with the coaches offering another kid at this point.

Keyante knows the coaches want him, and I believe he wants to be a Vol, but he's going to play out the process for a little bit. Nothing wrong with that, and nothing wrong with the coaches offering another kid at this point.

I'm not saying we're not taking him (or he's not choosing us), I'm saying we're not making him the only RB target of the class. I don't think we ever were, but he seemed to think so.

so u think the coaching staff is only offering one RB just bc they told one that they want to bring in one?

it doesnt work like that.
what if Keyante decides to go somewhere else, the staff would be F'd

I'm saying we're not making him the only RB target of the class. I don't think we ever were, but he seemed to think so.

no he wasnt told he'd be the only target, he told he would be the only one they'd sign

and also things change. Toney Williams just left so thats another spot on the RB depth chart available and needed to be filled

Last edited:
no he wasnt told he'd be the only target, he told he would be the only one they'd sign

Yeah, I don't remember exactly what the quote was. But he was definitely never going to be the only one we pursued unless he committed very, very early. And since he said "four in 2012, one in 2013" and we aren't looking like four this year, we'll probably go more anyways.

It was really just an offhand comment, I didn't mean for it to be some deep insight into our recruiting process.

This may be true, but we can't pass up Thornton even if we get Green (since some say we're only taking 1). That duo would be ridiculous.

looks fast but also looks like hes about 5'7" instead of 5'9" especially since hes listed at 175. Green is listed 5'9" 190 hope we land Green he seems to be packing some power with speed.

Last edited:

It's a verbal offer. Nothing in stone. The staff will offer about 15-20 more by next Spring.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

It's like fishing. Throw out some bait, and see who wants a serious bite or who wants to just nipple.

It's a verbal offer. Nothing in stone. The staff will offer about 15-20 more by next Spring.

I think people are making way too much out of that comment. All I'm saying is that we don't have all our eggs in the Green basket.

It's like fishing. Throw out some bait, and see who wants a serious bite or who wants to just nipple.

Who just wants to what? :devilsmoke:

"Well, what I liked about Tennessee was when I got there the coaches were looking for me and I was in the bathroom then when I got out coach (Derek) Dooley and the other coaches came and got me and told me they had been looking all over for me," Lee said at the Under Armour Combine at the ESPN Wide World of Sports.

"It was cool because when I first came out he was walking to the office and I called him and he said he had been looking all over for me and he gave me a hug and just started talking to me. He was real amped," Lee said.

"I went into his office and we had a few words and I met the running backs, fullbacks and really the whole offense and the young players who will be there if I were to go there," he said.

Lee's not only familiar with the Vol coaches that were there when he was on his visit for the Georgia game, but he also knows new Tennessee running backs coach Jay Graham from his time at South Carolina.

"It feels good being around him because even if you're on the field or on the sideline, he coaches both of you," Lee offered. "He makes sure the other running backs are watching the running backs get reps. He's coaching all the people at the same time."

Besides Tennessee, Virginia Tech, Miami (OH) and Bowling Green have all offered and South Carolina and Clemson are among the schools after him as well.

-VQ- PF

UA Combine
12/31/2011

Saw Jabo's offensive lineman taking the ACT a few weeks ago and sent a message that he would look great on Rocky Top! He is unstoppable in a a lower class in SC football. Dillon is the home of the great Chief Chavis and Kevin Steele also.

Tennessee and Virginia Tech lead according to new article on VQ. Jay Graham is a factor in Tennessee's favor according to the article.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back