Snowboarding/Skiing/Trips/and all things snowsports thread

well, maybe tomorrow. Not sure if 9 feet of fresh snow is even safe on day one. That is a massive storm.

Best place, ever is Kitzbuhel, Austria
The skiing is awesome, you can go straight from the slopes, into the town and hit up the Londoneer

An absolutely outstanding bar

Kitzbuhel also host a World Cup event, and when it;s there the atomsphere is unbelieveable

St Moritz, Switzerland is also outstanding, spent a Christmas and New Year's there and will never forget it

For out West,
I have to go with Vail as my absolute favorite, but I also like A-Basin, and Cooper it's nice to get one pass and hit all of them

This year ill be snowboarding in Korea. Next year in Alaska. Ill let you guys know which place is better. :loco:

I'm at Snowshoe right now with my family. This is my first time ever going on a trip to snowboard. So much snow!!! Question for you guys...I saw a lot of snowboards and not nearly as many skiers today. What are the differences in skiing and snowboarding? I'd really like to try both while we are up here for a couple of days. Which of the two is easier to do? I really enjoyed snowboarding today but watching the skiers I feel like that would be a lot of fun as well.

Just got home from sledding with some friends. Doc said I can't snowboard anymore, didn't say anything about sledding. Haha.

Just got back from up in Vermont with the girlfriend's family for Christmas...

Killington and Sugarbush were fun, Bolton was a bit crowded the day we went and Jay Peak was by far my favourite...

@Knoxvillian - skiing is by far the best, theres still a few resorts up north that still segregate the slopes by skiiers/snowboarders and those are some of the most fun and relaxing days spent skiing because theres not a hundred boarders sitting down both at the top and bottom of slopes blocking everything up, but its all a preference, i've tried both and since ive skiied since i was 5 i'm a little biased but ive heard skiing is easier to pick up quick and enjoy but harder to master, but snowbording is harder to get down the basics and easier to master after that.

ive heard skiing is easier to pick up quick and enjoy but harder to master, but snowbording is harder to get down the basics and easier to master after that.

True. You'll enjoy your first day on skis more then your first day on a board. Knees and butt usually take a good bit of punishment that first day riding.

Just got back from Vail and the snow was amazing. Colorado has got it's fair share of snow this season. Blue Sky Basin was great all weekend. Last Sat and Sun was knee to thigh deep powder everywhere in the back bowls. Planning on heading to Montana in a few weeks. Got to get back in the powder cause these 70 degree Jan days are killing my mood.

Just got back from Vail and the snow was amazing. Colorado has got it's fair share of snow this season. Blue Sky Basin was great all weekend. Last Sat and Sun was knee to thigh deep powder everywhere in the back bowls. Planning on heading to Montana in a few weeks. Got to get back in the powder cause these 70 degree Jan days are killing my mood.

Lucky bastage! Went out to breck, keystone, and copper 4-11 of January and the snowgods said "No snow for you ha." Wish we would of had some powder.

Snowbird announced last week that they will be open through July 4th. This pic was taken today-posted on their website.
Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort - Little Cottonwood Canyon, Utah. Your Utah mountain vacation destination.
5777367775_ef788b729d_o.jpg

Join the Army...
They'll send you all over the World....

Amen brother! Learned to ski at Sugar and Beach then stationed in Germany finished my ski education in the Alps. Been to Kitzbuhel, St. Moritz and many more. Broke my leg skiing in Austria one year, classic boot top fracture. Damn Austrians set my bindings too tight. I don't go for their macho long ski, tight binding crap. I'm a mogul skier so I need quick turning shorter skis.

Did you ever do the Tres Vallee in France? That was my fav over there.

I like out West in the US the best - Colorado and Utah. Snow quality is the best and less crowded. Would be interested in feedback on NM, NV, Montana and Wyoming. Who's been there?

Another good bump if you ask me.

Place to be this weekend Sugar Mtn.

Would love to go to Snowshoe, but I am not sure if they will be open.

Where is everybody going to this year?

Another good bump if you ask me.

Place to be this weekend Sugar Mtn.

Would love to go to Snowshoe, but I am not sure if they will be open.

Where is everybody going to this year?
I'll hit Paoli ( I know, laugh it up), Sugar, Beech and finally to Co. I'll probably stay in Copper and also hit Breckinridge with a possibility of Keystone or A-basin. Next ski season I want to go to Mont Tremblant, anyone been?

VN Store

Back