'12 GA WR Keithon Redding

Kid looks like a solid player and had a decent offer list. I did see in one of Bowles youtube interview videos he did say that some teams were recruiting him for defense and that he did not mind that. LV was the 1st time I have heard that defense is where CDD wanted to play him. Everyone keeps saying this means no Croom..and I would think it could also mean no Patterson. I don't think either one of them are a sure Vol Lock.

Skeeter said he felt pretty good about Patterson so I will hold on to that for now. Like I said, I think this may be an indicator of where the staff sees Croom lining up

At my camp Keithon lined up at WR and DB that's why he won the Overall MVP his WR attributes were very physical off the line and ran good routes made a few specatular grabs and on Defense he locked down everyone he went against very physical when jamming and had a few picks in one on one coverage and 7 on 7s

Me, Jabari Davis, former UGA LB Danny Verdin Wheeler and the rest of the staff that assisted voted him overall MVP. Don't know which way the UT staff is going with this one DB or WR he's great at both. I'll hit him up later to see what he's being recruited as
Posted via VolNation Mobile

BTW Hubbs said that most coaches have told Bowles they view him as an ATH and that he could end up at several positions.

Skeeter said he felt pretty good about Patterson so I will hold on to that for now. Like I said, I think this may be an indicator of where the staff sees Croom lining up

I'm not sure its an indicator. We only have 6 scholly receivers I have thought we could take 4 WRs. I know most don't agree but I'm sticking with it. Could take I less RB than originally planned or thought and possibly one less spot at another place. No way we would turn Croom or Patterson down. 4 is very possible.jmo

At my camp Keithon lined up at WR and DB that's why he won the Overall MVP his WR attributes were very physical off the line and ran good routes made a few specatular grabs and on Defense he locked down everyone he went against very physical when jamming and had a few picks in one on one coverage and 7 on 7s

Me, Jabari Davis, former UGA LB Danny Verdin Wheeler and the rest of the staff that assisted voted him overall MVP. Don't know which way the UT staff is going with this one DB or WR he's great at both. I'll hit him up later to see what he's being recruited as

Good stuff, OV :good!:

Thanks for posting.

- He is a very raw wide receiver that still has a lot to work on and a lot of room for improvement.

- He really attacks the ball well, he is a physical player, and he is someone that does not mind blocking for his teammates.

- He needs to work on the little things - sticking his routes, getting off the line quicker, and learning to use his big frame to his advantage against tight coverage.

- He is not going to be a real vertical threat, but he can be someone who goes across the middle, someone who can line up inside or outside in different sets, and someone who can make catches in traffic.

- Overall, this is a solid get for UT. Is he a no. 1 type of wide receiver, no, but he is someone who will contribute. He loves to compete, he is a hard worker, and he will improve once he gets on campus as he looks to become a better all around wideout. I like his size, he will get over 200 pounds quickly, and he will be a physical kid in the SEC.

--Chad Simmons' thoughts on Redding. Sounds like Gerald Jones to me.

That eval contradicts others. I read that he specifically got off the line well. The other eval also said that he WAS effective getting deep.

That eval contradicts others. I read that he specifically got off the line well. The other eval also said that he WAS effective getting deep.

I've only seen one video of him, and I'm no scout...but what I saw was he never faced any press coverage, so getting off the line was never a challenge, and he was effective at winning jump balls, not burning anyone deep.

If I had to guess, he's probably had trouble getting off press coverage at camps, and that's more of where Simmons' eval is coming from.

VN Store

Back