Atlanta Braves II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freddie is gaining ground on Espinosa and Kimbrel for ROY. I think if voting was today Kimbrel would win it.

I think Espinosa wins it. Remember espn and everyone hates the Braves.... Oh wait, that's the Vols who they hate. I think Freeman wins it.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I think that Freeman and Kimbrel, on one hand, have the advantage over Espinosa by being on a winning team in the playoff hunt. On the other hand, being on the same team,they may split votes, giving Espinosa a chance to sneak in and take it. In the end, I think it will be Kimbrel. He gets the rave reviews (for the radar gun readings and all the Ks), and minus that couple week hiccup, he's been almost unhittable all season. Freeman has already exceeded my expectations for this season. These are the numbers I thought he might have at the end of the season, but there are still 60+ games left.

Kimbrel has been sick this year. Absolutely sick.

He hasn't blown a save since June 8th (going 11 for 11). He averages 14 K/9. His xFIP is 2.15!!! His tERA 1.44!!! He hasn't given up a run in 16 straight games.

The craziest stat is that he has only given up ONE HOMER THIS YEAR!!!

He has a 2.1 WAR this year, which is just better than everyone else by a mile.

He's been the best reliever in baseball this year.

Have a 5 game lead. Unless something drastic happens, we should make the playoffs.

Kinda iffy on this. Don't want another texeria situation. This might put the Bravo's over the top though. I agree with the article about Heyward. He might need to go to the minors. Jason is one of the biggest dissapointments of the last few years as a player IMO. I have more confidence in Hinske by far. Maybe even Nate.

if the Mets are willing to pay the rest of his contract... I just wonder what kind of prospects they want in return.

Kinda iffy on this. Don't want another texeria situation. This might put the Bravo's over the top though. I agree with the article about Heyward. He might need to go to the minors. Jason is one of the biggest dissapointments of the last few years as a player IMO. I have more confidence in Hinske by far. Maybe even Nate.

No doubt. His constant injuries and inconsistent hitting irritate the crap out of me.

Beltran?

DO NOT WANT

For Mike Minor and Andrelton Simmons? And not having to pay for anything? Hell yeah, I'll take it.

I'll take a .287/.381/.512 stat line with 14 homers, 28 doubles and an OPS+ of 147. His wOBA is a very good at .388 and his wRC+ is 8th in the NL at 150.

That sounds like someone we need.

Also been an above average defender this year and can play center. Couldn't be worse than McLouth.

I understand that people are upset with Jason. I get it. But let's not forget he put a 5 WAR season last year with a .277/.393/.456 line, 18 homers and 70 RBI's. The man still has incredible talent.

For Mike Minor and Andrelton Simmons? And not having to pay for anything? Hell yeah, I'll take it.

I'll take a .287/.381/.512 stat line with 14 homers, 28 doubles and an OPS+ of 147. His wOBA is a very good at .388 and his wRC+ is 8th in the NL at 150.

That sounds like someone we need.

Also been an above average defender this year and can play center. Couldn't be worse than McLouth.

Mike's my boy though, I'd like for us not to get rid of him if possible. Selfish, I know :)

Apparently, Peter Gammons says we are very interested in Hunter Pence.

2B Prado
CF Heyward
3B Jones
RF Pence
C McCann
2B Uggla
1B Freeman
SS Gonzalez

Dear Lord!!!`

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.