'12 GA ATH Justin King (UT SIGNEE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a very solid pickup, he is closer to 6'4 than the listed 6'3. He could add atleast 5 more LBS by the time he gets on campus & could be 225-230 by next August.

If he played strictly LB for his HS his offer list would be better. Kid has very good potential. I would rather add guys w/ this size than add someone who is 5'10-5'11 & 200LBS like Fulmer was doing. Dooley is doing a GREAT at upgrading the size all across the field.

If that's true then he could even end up at DE, right?

I know they're looking for size at LB too but something has to give at DE.

very good day for rocky top..these commits were needed. it was boring reading the same stuff over and over lol

Very good commit,big tall backer that will probably play at 230 to 240.Its looking up Orange Nation.Just be patient, Dooley is building us back the right way!!

SIAP:

He was honest about everything,” King said. “You can tell he’s not the kind of guy to sugarcoat things to make it sound good. My Dad asked him how he felt about losing. Coach Dooley said ‘I hate losing.’ He could’ve said stuff like ‘Well, we could’ve done better’ but he doesn’t sugarcoat it. My dad loved it. He says what he feels up front.

LB Justin King commits to Tennessee Volunteers over Virginia, UCF and Cincinnati | AJC College Sports Recruiting

Yeah.......I think he may be a little shorter than 6'3" and a little heavier than 215. Kid is a head hunter on defense and the big thing holding him back is top end speed. He would be better off playing college at 240-250 on the strong side. Just not quick/fast enough to play the Will.

Like a lot of the kids from the greater Atlanta area he is very polished and well coached. He has excellent vision for a LB and wraps his arms around a defender like you should.

- VQ. This is a quote from a Lassiter coach.

I hope he doesn't grow into an end... we need backers ASAP

Unfortunately we need DE as bad as LB's. Not saying thats where he will play but I think if he puts on 20lbs he could very well turn into one, but I would be just as happy to have him as LB.

Justin is a head hunter. He could be scary if he focuses on one position. Definitely want him standing up.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The family connection works for King. At 6'2"/ 210 I expect Justin to bulk up in the weight room without losing his quickness. Nice to hear he's as concerned about his academics as well as the playbook.

King hopes to make it to Knoxville for several games this Fall. He hopes to attend the Georgia, LSU, and South Carolina games. He can't wait to watch a game inside Neyland Stadium and he's in constant contact with linebackers coach Peter Sirmon.

"I talked to coach Sirmon on Friday and we talked about my season," King said. "They are really excited about me and they can't wait to get me on campus. One thing about coach Sirmon is he's honest. He genuinely cares about me and all the recruits. It really caught my eye about Tennessee. It's not going to be easy. I'm going to have to work and coach Sirmon doesn't sugarcoat anything."
- VQ

Had 8 tackles & 2 sacks Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back