Describe Derek Dooley in one sentence

volwarrior33

How would you describe Tennessee's current head coach in one sentence?

Just to get an idea of what I'm looking for, here are some examples from fans of other schools.

LSU Fan:
Dooley- I think 5 years from now, Tennessee fans will feel like they hit a home run by hiring Dooley and one day he will spurn Tennessee for UGA.

Auburn Fan:
Dooley- A joke.

Mississippi State Fan:
Dooley- I think 5 years from now Dooley will not be the UT coach

Alabama Fan:
Dooley- Second rate and immature.

LSU Fan:
Dooley- A joke.

Arkansas Fan:
Dooley- How did he get the Tenner job?

Alabama Fan:
Dooley- In over his head.

Dooley-Relentless proponent of continuous good shower hygiene.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

He is hilarious. I don't think anyone really knows how good he's going to be. Still too early and not enough evidence out there to make a conclusion on him, IMO.

IMO coach Dooley will have us in a championship 3 years from now. He is what we need, Not some slick Willie that will bring the NCAA down on us.

Originally Posted by : Alabubba fan

^^^^^ how is he immature? The immature guy bolted for SoCal over a year ago.

IMO coach Dooley will have us in a championship 3 years from now. He is what we need, Not some slick Willie that will bring the NCAA down on us.

Originally Posted by : Alabubba fan

^^^^^ how is he immature? The immature guy bolted for SoCal over a year ago.

Sideline behavior would be my guess. Not sure.

Last edited:
And to be serious, I'd say "Strong character, but he probably won't be enough to lead UT back to its glory days."

Mine:

Five years from now we will look back and thank Coach Dooley for stabilizing the program so our current coach could have immediate success.

I like that, Kingston Vol. The term "stabilizing figure" fits him well.

He's may never reach a BCS Bowl or last more than five years with UT, but he certainly won't run the program into the ground. The guy who comes in after him will find a stable program, but nothing amazing.

Just my two cents as an outsider.

And to be serious, I'd say "Strong character, but he probably won't be enough to lead UT back to its glory days."

Strong character.... Something Chip Kelly lacks. Sorry Maehlman I just had to throw that jab lol

I don't blame him

Yeah I know. Seriously I think he is going to be a good coach, or at least I hope so. The next 2 years will tell all we need to know. That might not be fair to him, but thats just how college football is now.

Yeah I know. Seriously I think he is going to be a good coach, or at least I hope so. The next 2 years will tell all we need to know. That might not be fair to him, but thats just how college football is now.

Yes The game has changed. 10 years ago When a coach had five years to get a program right, now has 2 to 3 years to get it right. Instant success go's along with our impatient fast pace world.

So you asked our rivals what they think of our coach... What did you expect them to say?

Ask Tenn fans about Spurrier, Richt, Miles, etc. They are going to have bad things to say.

I don't how they could call him immature, he says some weird stuff sometimes, but he's not immature. I think he is a good coach, but I honestly don't believe he's a championship caliber coach.

VN Store

Back