Looks Like Oku Had A Good Weekend

I just figured common sense was a prerequisite. I guess not. Maybe some day I can get there.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Did he sign while Fulmer was the coach? Did he play one down while Fulmer was the coach? How could he be considered anything but a Kiffin thug?
He isn't a Fulmer caliber thug. His idiocy hasn't gotten anyone killed. The human dreck Fulmer recruited fill body bags.

He isn't a Fulmer caliber thug. His idiocy hasn't gotten anyone killed. The human dreck Fulmer recruited fill body bags.

Give them time. Goodrich and Stallworth were in the league before they started a body count.

I just figured common sense was a prerequisite. I guess not. Maybe some day I can get there.

Give it time. I'm sure they'll be warming up to your arguments. How can they ignore gems like these?

If you believe weight gain might affect athletic performance you're of the "blame someone else" generation.

Making recruiting promises to a kid facilitates domestic violence.

It's pure gold, baby.

The argument over whose recruit he was is pointless. The bottom line is that the 2009 class looks more and more like a running punchline every day. Of the 22 we signed, there's only a few who've contributed both as responsible students off the field, and talented players on it.

The posters on here who still seem to be "committed" to Kiffin or Fulmer are about as useless to any discussion as they come.

Last edited:
I understand that they didn't ask his opinion and rightly so. They did, however, have to try to make the best the could of a very limited recruiting timeline, hence were forced to fall back on Fulmer & Co's work. Of course they reassessed everyone and that's why several were told to ply their wares elsewhere, but they tried to salvage everyone they believed salvageable.

Time played a role. What time CLK and staff had was spent on assessing on the field performance. The time limitation was likely even more severe with respect to an assessment of character.

Hard to blame CLK and staff for not having time to build relationships that would permit such 'character' evaluations. They needed talented players--and that was the obvious prioriity at the time.

Not sure how much time CLK and staff would ever spend on character assessment. Orgeron even bragged that they weren't recruiting angels.

Not sure how much time CLK and staff would ever spend on character assessment. Orgeron even bragged that they weren't recruiting angels.

I'd say it was pretty much an afterthought for the 2009 class as they were more concerned with just grabbing up any half-decent player available. In fairness, I don't really remember any red flags with any of the guys we took other than Hood. Seems like there might have been a little smoke around Nukeese, maybe.

VN Store

Back