ex ut coach tony jones takes alcoa highschool basketball job

I heard a rumor that he took the job kinda odd right?

Why not? What the hell else is the guy going to do? He didn't get a $1million to go away like BP. He got his 2 week notice and is probably collecting unemployment, which will run out. His head coaching experience is dubious at best. His name is linked to a cheating scandal. He's not the most well-spoken or well dressed guy, so a TV or radio contract is probably out.

Would be pretty cool to play for him in hs.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

this! I hope he uses it as springboard to better things. I like TJ. Yeah he made some mistakes but he desrves an oppurtunity to rebuild his image.

this! I hope he uses it as springboard to better things. I like TJ. Yeah he made some mistakes but he desrves an oppurtunity to rebuild his image.

Yeah I'm sure all the alcoa players are excited. I didn't know he coached jalen rose in jv.

tough for Pearl's assistants to get college jobs anywhere right now. Great for Blount Co. sports though.

What kinda talent he working with at Alcoa. With all the football success, I assume they must have some players there. He could be successful since its AA (no memphis powers to deal with)

Why not? What the hell else is the guy going to do? He didn't get a $1million to go away like BP. He got his 2 week notice and is probably collecting unemployment, which will run out. His head coaching experience is dubious at best. His name is linked to a cheating scandal. He's not the most well-spoken or well dressed guy, so a TV or radio contract is probably out.
He got a period of salary. I believe it was a year.

What kinda talent he working with at Alcoa. With all the football success, I assume they must have some players there. He could be successful since its AA (no memphis powers to deal with)

There good, not State good, but good.

From being the head assistant at Tennessee, to being the head coach of a middling high school team.

The life of a college basketball assistant.

You'll see good players transfer to Alcoa. He'll have them winning, soon.

You'll see good players transfer to Alcoa. He'll have them winning, soon.

I agree with this. parents like connections to get their childs name out there and CTJ has those in Detroit and Milwaukee as well as locally now with all the Rocky top league kids from local high schools. I ask you how many high school coaches can say they led a SEC team to victory over vanderbilt on a day Gameday crew was present. I enjoyed TJ leading the students waving their hands from side to side. Another point as for that earlier poster who said he isn't known for being the best dresser. ughk Just because you are don't like bright color jackets and suits does not mean you are an expert. TJ is not a conservative and that will do him well at an inner city school like Alcoa.

I agree with this. parents like connections to get their childs name out there and CTJ has those in Detroit and Milwaukee as well as locally now with all the Rocky top league kids from local high schools. I ask you how many high school coaches can say they led a SEC team to victory over vanderbilt on a day Gameday crew was present. I enjoyed TJ leading the students waving their hands from side to side. Another point as for that earlier poster who said he isn't known for being the best dresser. ughk Just because you are don't like bright color jackets and suits does not mean you are an expert. TJ is not a conservative and that will do him well at an inner city school like Alcoa.

Agree with most of your post, but this is. . .well, :eek:lol:

There is already rumors of kids heading to alcoa to transfer before next year alcoa will have state competitive talent

VN Store

Back