Goodbye Oregon Football

Scout.com: Mullens Issues Follow-up Statement

The University of Oregon athletic department has and will continue to fully cooperate with the NCAA inquiry,” Oregon Director of Athletics Rob Mullens said in a released statement. “Our department is committed to helping the NCAA in any way possible and until their work is complete, we are unable to comment further. Oregon athletics remains committed to operating a program of integrity."

this is a non-event contrived by the evil journalists around the country that are jealous of our mighty ducks....yahoo, espn, cnn, oregonian, register-guard are all obviously anti-duck and colluding with each other to bring down the best football program in the country.......get over it..........

l............o................l

Which pisses me off. Auburn will still be able to claim a 2010 national title now.

No they won't. If they forfeit that game and so does Oregon the national champ might go to whoever is below the NCG
Posted via VolNation Mobile

This is the price you pay for instant sucsess. Please correct me if Im wrong, Say what you want about Coach Fulmer but Im glad he kept it clean for the most part. And Coach Dooley will do the same.

Fulmer never built a program. He had one handed to him.

So, when the dust settles, this will make us 7-6 from last year, right?

(small victories)

What the Hell were they thinking when writing these letters? Have they never heard of a throw-away phone?

Allegations aside, they deserve to be fired for just being complete morons in how they handled their cheating ways. Unreal.

All one has to do is watch Season 1 of the Wire to learn how to cheat... As the great Clay Davis once said:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUjh9Id6Id8&feature=related[/youtube]

On behalf of VN, I got on facebook, made a wall post with @ of four of my friends who are the biggest Duck fans and highly popular local profiles (so it reaches the largest Duck fan audience possible) and told them all "Ducks are about to get it in all holes, hope you've all enjoyed the ride."

We sure do look smart for scheduling the return game to Oregon in '13. If the 'AA hits them hard, they will be feeling the effects by then.

No one follows the rules anymore. Just turn college football into a hardcore match anything goes!

chipkelly_burningmonkprotest.jpg

You guys may be right that the hammer is coming.

I'm not sure that it's as cut and dry as some of you think, though.

It's not against the rules to pay for helpful information from scouts. It's also not against the rules for a scout to give helpful information to athletes.

The area that could be a major violation is receiving help in the recruiting process. Lyles denies steering recruits for any program. The activities that could be seen as helping the recruiting process are "scheduling and driving coaches around to visits." However, if driving coaches around is a violation, wouldn't hiring a taxi during a recruiting trip also be a violation? What if a parent or even some random dude who happens to answer the phone at a recruits house schedules a HS meeting? Is that a violation also?

The rules don't make it very clear when an act goes from an ok service to one that is "part of" the recruiting process beyond what scouts are allowed to do.

Given Kelly's letter, Lyles appearing publicly with staff and recruits multiple times, etc. it suggests that Oregon thought it was working within the rules.

$5K. and he seems to indicate we expected recruiting info from him.

So, your idea is that he was a cheater by day, legit recruiting service by night? That's fanciful.

You guys may be right that the hammer is coming.

I'm not sure that it's as cut and dry as some of you think, though.

It's not against the rules to pay for helpful information from scouts. It's also not against the rules for a scout to give helpful information to athletes.

The area that could be a major violation is receiving help in the recruiting process. Lyles denies steering recruits for any program. The activities that could be seen as helping the recruiting process are "scheduling and driving coaches around to visits." However, if driving coaches around is a violation, wouldn't hiring a taxi during a recruiting trip also be a violation? What if a parent or even some random dude who happens to answer the phone at a recruits house schedules a HS meeting? Is that a violation also?

The rules don't make it very clear when an act goes from an ok service to one that is "part of" the recruiting process beyond what scouts are allowed to do.

Given Kelly's letter, Lyles appearing publicly with staff and recruits multiple times, etc. it suggests that Oregon thought it was working within the rules.

So, your idea is that he was a cheater by day, legit recruiting service by night? That's fanciful.

It's ok, we understand completely how you want to trust your coaching staff, but since you didn't read the articles linked in the thread, I'll leave this here for ya.

Will Lyles says Oregon paid him for 'access and influence with recruits' - Campus Rivalry: College Football & Basketball News, Recruiting, Game Picks, and More - USATODAY.com

Lyles influenced the recruiting process, and the rather large payments doled out for his services (well beyond what was on his website) with an Oregon check won't turn out well methinks.

I guess you glossed over the hand written letters from the coaches thanking him for bringing the recruits out, huh? If he was just providing scouting reports, doesn't that seem a bit, odd?

VN Store

Back