Redshirt Freshman OL leaving UGA

TVOLS

I still don't know how every body keeps calling this UGA team the 'Dream Team' when they are down to only 7 offensive linemen (with any experience) TOTAL...???

I still don't know how every body keeps calling this UGA team the 'Dream Team' when they are down to only 7 offensive linemen (with any experience) TOTAL...???

Because the "Dream Team" was in reference to a bunch of 2011 in state recruits.

They don't. That was just a pet name for their recruiting class from last year. No one besides the bulldykes really believed that garbage though.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Folks should keep an eye on this kid. Something could go wrong here.

This?

Dawgbone..........

For our LHB readers it is time for the back story concerning Brent Benedict that is being ignored, or some are afraid to tell. This is the story you will not read elsewhere about why Brent Benedict is gone. Yesterday EC posted this. His source requested anonymity and from my sources the information is accurate, but as with all stories - there is more.

Brent Benedict met with Will Muschamp and Charlie Weis last Wednesday. Three different Gator fan sites had sightings of Benedict on campus on different threads. The posters said he was there with his father on the Gainesville visit. More than one source outside the Gator community has confirmed the visit.These postings were, obviously, several days before the Sunday press release by UGA to the Georgia beat reporters. Now, I do not know the exact day that Benedict was asked to leave the team but it was between Wednesday and Sunday.

Benedict's conduct was, in my opinion, a sickening example of questionable, at best, character.

When you look at all that Mark Richt and the coaching staff did for Brent Benedict, his betrayal is stunning. Here you have a top high school recruit with a possible career ending injury. Many, if not most, schools would have pulled his scholarship offer. However, in the usual classy style, Mark Richt honored the commitment and Benedict was given a scholarship and had his rehab paid for by the University.

This wasn't a Coach T problem or a Coach Richt problem this was a Brent Benedict problem. Once the staff learned of the visit, Benedict was asked to leave the program. A young man on scholarship meeting with our greatest foe is not something any head coach can tolerate. We can only speculate on the potential harm to our program this meeting potentially caused.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

After the spring game a rumor was going around that he was going to leave UGA and enroll at JU. Wish the kid the best but we have an injury prone OT already. Let Coach Bell have him at JU.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back