Berry twins say they will play at same school

Sabanocchio

Great article. Says both like the Vols.

“We’ve played on the same football teams our whole lives and want to do the same in college,” Evan said.

Many predict that the Berry twins are “locks” for Tennessee because of family ties but they claim it’s not true. “My brother is his own person; we’re going to make our own decisions,” Elliott said. “Our brother and our dad want us to pick the school that is the best fit for us. It may be Tennessee or it may be another school. We’ll just have to see.”

Wonder Twins! Eric Berry’s younger brothers will ‘definitely be a package deal’ | AJC College Sports Recruiting

Would be nice to get them. I read last yr 1 was interested in LSU and the other UT. Both still young though. Anything could happen. Doubt they would want Terry Joseph as coach. Prob Chavis

i think if u t plays great football the next 2 years and puts itself back into the national picture, i really believe these guys will come to tennessee. however, if u t spins it's wheels and stays middle of the road, they will persue other schools. 2012 will be the big year to look at as far as if they come here. they want to play for a winner, and have a chance for a nc

The Berry Twins will play the game like most recruits who want to have fun with the recruiting process as they should. You only get this time once.

However, with dad and brother in their ears, as well as, hearing the 107,000 plus vol fans chanting their name along with showing them the love/tradition, will be too much for the berry twins to turn their back on.

Kid yourself if needed, but these two will cross the GA line and join the Big Orange on Saturdays in the end! :yahoo:

If Dooley is successful then we land the twins. IF not then this year would be about the time he is heading out of Knoxville and I doubt they come here.

Dooley must take us to the top in 2013 and then bring in the Berry bro's!

Yeah the one likes Chavis and something about LSU track team I think.

Yea but both have also said they like UT and have family ties so you can say they're just as much a UT lock as LSU....too early to call anyway they're just freshman

Didn't one of them already commit to us when Kiffin was the head coach?

If Dooley is successful then we land the twins. IF not then this year would be about the time he is heading out of Knoxville and I doubt they come here.

Dooley must take us to the top in 2013 and then bring in the Berry bro's!

I pretty much agree. As long as the program is on the right track, these guys will come to UT.

it seems to be a 3 way battle right now between UT, Auburn, and LSU. still a long ways to go with many other teams still in the mix

Agree, Shades of Orange. Auburn has a good in with Holsey. They are all good friends. What scares me is the lack of ties Eric has with this coaching staff. Says that they don't recruit the "Southside" and was frustrated with the lack of interest in Holsey. Some patching up is needed there in a big way.

Hopefully we can land Geno, although I feel he will go to Auburn. That would be a HUGE in on the twins.

If Miles didn't leave when the Michigan job was open, then the only way I see him leaving LSU won't be by choice.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Some kids want to create there own legacy and not follow in the footsteps of family members before them. See: PM. With that said, I'll be heartbroken if we don't get them....sure would be fun.

The Berry Twins will play the game like most recruits who want to have fun with the recruiting process as they should. You only get this time once.

However, with dad and brother in their ears, as well as, hearing the 107,000 plus vol fans chanting their name along with showing them the love/tradition, will be too much for the berry twins to turn their back on.

Kid yourself if needed, but these two will cross the GA line and join the Big Orange on Saturdays in the end! :yahoo:

Talk about kidding yourself......

Losing them will be the biggest disappointment since I've followed recruiting. The Berry's mean a lot to this university and me for how they represent UT on and off the field. I know it's a very realistic thought, but I'm staying optimistic.

They will no doubt choose an SEC school. I would rather have them on Tennessee's team than to play against them.

Agree, Shades of Orange. Auburn has a good in with Holsey. They are all good friends. What scares me is the lack of ties Eric has with this coaching staff. Says that they don't recruit the "Southside" and was frustrated with the lack of interest in Holsey. Some patching up is needed there in a big way.

Hopefully we can land Geno, although I feel he will go to Auburn. That would be a HUGE in on the twins.

This kinda concerns me too. Their family doesn't have any true connection to the coaching staff here...yet. It would be great if CDD and co. made an effort to start to get to know them now so it doesn't look like he's just after the Twins, but appreciates the Berry family's contribution to UT as a whole.

VN Store

Back