Recruiting in GA (split from recruit threads)

We're not talking about UT! We're talking about Georgia! Why do you guys always want to turn this around? We made changes to improve. You guys are getting worse, or staying bad and doing the same things year in and year out. Underachieving with what you have. We have over-achieved.

We're not talking about UT! We're talking about Georgia! Why do you guys always want to turn this around? We made changes to improve. You guys are getting worse, or staying bad and doing the same things year in and year out. Underachieving with what you have. We have over-achieved.

Overachieved?

I'll take your word for it.

I was talking about CMR's record against the SEC and UT. You're the one who brought up UF. I know the deal with UF and us and I know that I have no room to talk smack to UF fans, UT is a different story.

I look at UGA like this, all the talent that school has had in the last decade and CMR has only produced two sec championships. That's not to bad, but and by know means am I making fun of UGA, CMR should have a nat'l championship by now to have that much talent and just kinda let it waste away, sounds sorta like what we did the last decade or so espically after the 01 season

Exactly. Anyone that really believes that Saban actually sat in those living rooms and really explained to those kid what was up and that it was not only possible they could lose the scholly thanks to poor eval by the coaches, but likely at Bama, is a fool.

You guys are right, though. It isn't illegal. Unethical? Immoral? Completely beyond the shadow of a doubt it is. An absolutely deplorable practice. Much like cannibalism in New Guinea, thought, it isn't illegal.

It does fall on the NCAA to put an end to it, the schools are just taking advantage of a loophole in the rules.

Again someone else who does not like Saban but not weary of the facts. Yes CNS is cleaning house with recruits he did not recruit, but over 90% of the attrition at UA since he has arrived involves players he did not recruit nor did he sit in their living room and lie to them. I know it makes you feel better to acuse him.

BTW several players that commited to UA this year were interviewed and said they were told by Saban that the scholarship was only for one year. That they had to work to keep it. Go read interviews with C Jones who stated that directly. I know it does not fit your image of what you want others to believe and apparantly since CMR can not produce right now what CNS can, your feelings seem to be hurt.

Every time you and some other UGA fan who are hurt by your declining program they have to accuse everyone else of wrong doing because UGA can not win. Sort of sad to be honest. Because if you want to talk about unethical and immoral actions lets ask the African American recruits if CMR and staff tells them in their living room that they only have a 48% to graduate. One of the worst grad rates in the country for African American players. I am sure he sits there and says heads or tails, heads you will graduate and tails you will not.

Immoral and unethical is exploiting a minority to benefit your program's success without any concern for the individual's future or wellbeing. So the next time you want to point the finger you might want to look inhouse first.

Overachieved?

I was talking about CMR's record against the SEC and UT. You're the one who brought up UF. I know the deal with UF and us and I know that I have no room to talk smack to UF fans, UT is a different story.

Yes overachieved! You had depth and upperclassmen last year and we had freshmen....look at the end results of your overall record. We did really good with what we had to work with considering all of our attrition. Would you consider last year to be a success with all of the depth and lack off attrition for UGA?

Overachieved?

You're on our board. When I see something I disagree with, I post about it. It's the constant defense of Richt which I think is funny when he really hasn't done anything all that impressive.

As usual Sab and TW are right here. I understand you UGA fans are still trying to convince yourselves that Richt and co. is the answer in Athens, but, frankly, you're delusional. I actually hope UGA has a decent year, so the coaching staff stays in place. I'd be far more concerned about the UGA rivalry moving forward if a new staff is hired that will actually deliver the expectations of the annual dream team recruiting classes.

People are silly to fear Richt's firing. The truth is that UGA at one point had about as strong a fence up around it as freaking South Carolina.

Tell me a coach they could hire who will out recruit Richt?

Whatever happens, they are not making Garner the new HC, which means he is likely to leave in a huff for another job. When that happens, it will become even easier for Dooley to follow his plan of getting more of our players from GA than any other state.

Sorry man, I was just responding something someone else started. I would love to get the thread back on track...

...Like say, making fun of UF for getting Noor'ed by a guy that their entire fanbase thought was a lock until he was offered by their in-state rival only 4 days before his commitment? :)

Sorry man, I was just responding something someone else started. I would love to get the thread back on track...

...Like say, making fun of UF for getting Noor'ed by a guy that their entire fanbase thought was a lock until he was offered by their in-state rival only 4 days before his commitment? :)

I'm with you completely.

Funny note on that subject: I asked a Florida fan at work last night how he see's the game going he responded "Oh we'll whip your a$$". But then he started railing on how bad of a fit he thinks Charlie Weiss is, how Muschamp is totally unproven how bad their O Line may be, Jonoris Jenkins, Brantly sucking, etc., etc.

Needless to say, a minute after he was so confident, he is now VERY worried, but thinks our youth will hurt us. I told him that at least our youth (and coaches) has been together for a year. Left him speechless, Florida fan is worried, and I LOVE IT!!

:loco:

...oh and he said he see's the Ron Zook days returning. Nothing else to say there...

I'm with you completely.

Funny note on that subject: I asked a Florida fan at work last night how he see's the game going he responded "Oh we'll whip your a$$". But then he started railing on how bad of a fit he thinks Charlie Weiss is, how Muschamp is totally unproven how bad their O Line may be, Jonoris Jenkins, Brantly sucking, etc., etc.

Needless to say, a minute after he was so confident, he is now VERY worried, but thinks our youth will hurt us. I told him that at least our youth (and coaches) has been together for a year. Left him speechless, Florida fan is worried, and I LOVE IT!!

:loco:

...oh and he said he see's the Ron Zook days returning. Nothing else to say there...

:rofl:

I don't know that Muschamp will be worse than Zook, but I don't expect much from UF. I could see them being 4th in the East this year, honestly. First year of completely new systems on both sides of the ball and not really have the right personnel for most of those positions? That's a recipe for disaster.:yikes:

Also, it seems like Jimbo is chasing them right out of the state on the recruiting front and if FSU isn't getting them they are going to Stanford or ND or another SEC team. I would be worried if I were a Gator fan.:unsure:

If it all works out for Tenn. We will plunder 3 to 4 of the top folks fleeing Auburn and maybe 1 or 2 who don't like Richts replacement.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

If Richt is set free, and Grantham is his replacement, I'd look for their recruiting to actually pick up.

it's nothing to do with Richt having awful classes, but for how well UGA recruits it seems like it dosen't always translate onto the field

I'd say Richt's overall record is pretty darn good.

Sure the last 2 seasons have been tough but all coaches go through some adversity.

This season is make or break and he knows it.

I'd say Richt's overall record is pretty darn good.

Sure the last 2 seasons have been tough but all coaches go through some adversity.

This season is make or break and he knows it.

It is. One of the very best. You don't do this...
He is one of only nine head coaches in Division I-A history to record 60 or more wins in his first six seasons and 70 or more wins in his first seven seasons, one of only seven to reach 80 wins in his first eight seasons and 90 wins in his first nine seasons. Richt is also one of only six coaches in history to win two SEC championships (2002, 2005) in his first five years, and one of only five head coaches in SEC history to record four straight 10-win seasons (2002-05).
... if you suck at coaching.

IMO, Richt is a great coach...that has made the huge mistake of surrounding himself with subpar coordinators and assistants for a large chunk of his career. That makes for a poor coaching staff, which I will concede UGA has had, but Richt is not a bad coach by any stretch. In fact, I would go so far to say that if CMR were HC in ANY other (read: weaker than SEC) conference, he would be regarded as one of the very best in CFB and his numbers would reflect it. As it stands, his loyalty to his assistants could end up costing him his position.

Attack the results of the last couple of years, attack him "falling off the horse" because God knows he has, but he is not the worst coach in college football like many of you want to imply. That is just ridiculous.:shakehead:

To get us back on course...

Holsey to AU until he decommits after AU gets hit with sanctions from the NCAA (finally) before the season. :)

Last edited:
It is. One of the very best. You don't do this...... if you suck at coaching.

IMO, Richt is a great coach...that has made the huge mistake of surrounding himself with subpar coordinators and assistants for a large chunk of his career. That makes for a poor coaching staff, which I will concede UGA has had, but Richt is not a bad coach by any stretch. In fact, I would go so far to say that if CMR were HC in ANY other (read: weaker than SEC) conference, he would be regarded as one of the very best in CFB and his numbers would reflect it.

Attack the results of the last couple of years, attack him "falling off the horse" because God knows he has, but he is not the worst coach in college football like many of you want to imply. That is just ridiculous.:shakehead:

To get us back on course...

Holsey to AU until he decommits after AU gets hit with sanctions from the NCAA (finally) before the season. :)

OMG...this makes me want to throw up...

I come to a UT message board to read about recruits that UT is pursuing and what do I see...2 UGA fans debating the merit of Mark Richt's career...

Mods...can we please do something about this...everytime I come here I have to weed through the crap from rival fans whose only intentions are to tell us we don't stand a chance with a recruit they are also pursuing and to discuss topics about their teams that no UT fans care about just to get info about UT

barf_bag.jpg

Here. Feel better now?

Phil Fulmer had a pretty good record vs. the SEC too.

The same excuses people made for keeping Fulmer around are being made for Richt right down to placing the blame on the coordinators. (which has truth to it in both cases)

OMG...this makes me want to throw up...

I come to a UT message board to read about recruits that UT is pursuing and what do I see...2 UGA fans debating the merit of Mark Richt's career...

Mods...can we please do something about this...everytime I come here I have to weed through the crap from rival fans whose only intentions are to tell us we don't stand a chance with a recruit they are also pursuing and to discuss topics about their teams that no UT fans care about just to get info about UT

You make me want to throw up, so we are all even now, k?

Tell all your little buddies that are obsessed with turning every recruiting thread into a bash Mark Richt session to stop that, and we don't have this issue. It isn't the UGA fans fault, but don't think we are not going to correct you guys when you are just spouting nonsense.

Besides, I tried, my last sentence of my post was completely on topic. The rest of my post really didn't require any response.

Phil Fulmer had a pretty good record vs. the SEC too.

The same excuses people made for keeping Fulmer around are being made for Richt right down to placing the blame on the coordinators. (which has truth to it in both cases)

For the record, I think UT fired Fulmer a year early too. Outta curiosity though and maybe there is already a thread about this somewhere, but what was Fulmer's SEC record? If there is already a thread, just post the link to it, plz. :hi:

VN Store

Back