The All Things Cycling Thread

Six AM ride tomorrow morning. That should be a blast.

EDIT: strike that... they cancelled because of rain. Looks like I'll be riding alone tomorrow afternoon, then. Been rescheduled for Sunday at 730.

Last edited:
what's the biggest cycling wreck you dudes have had before? I had one that has its own name.
It was so sick nasty dirty that they just had to put a name on it. Hahaha, sorry this comment cracks me up! :)

For content, though, all my "wrecks" have been pretty tame. Though, last July I was riding alongside a car through downtown and the girl turned straight into me, clipped me with her front end. I lifted up my leg just in time to push off the car and land going at a full sprint. Bike ended up under her car. I told homegirl that she had to pay for my bike or else I get the police involved so she did. Some friends and I went back for the bike to find that only the reflectors and front brake pads broke and that the handlebars were turned all the way around. Rode the bike home no problem. Then 1 week later I get a ticket on my bike for not having any reflectors of it. IRONY! :birgits_giggle:

It was so sick nasty dirty that they just had to put a name on it. Hahaha, sorry this comment cracks me up! :)

For content, though, all my "wrecks" have been pretty tame. Though, last July I was riding alongside a car through downtown and the girl turned straight into me, clipped me with her front end. I lifted up my leg just in time to push off the car and land going at a full sprint. Bike ended up under her car. I told homegirl that she had to pay for my bike or else I get the police involved so she did. Some friends and I went back for the bike to find that only the reflectors and front brake pads broke and that the handlebars were turned all the way around. Rode the bike home no problem. Then 1 week later I get a ticket on my bike for not having any reflectors of it. IRONY! :birgits_giggle:

You have to have reflectors on your bike there? I ride at night all of the time along the bike path with no lights or reflectors.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Had a nice ride after the rain this evening, right up to the point when a squirrel ran out in front of me causing me to wreck. Rode the last 27 or so miles back home with wrist hurting like hell and of course hit every pot hole submerged in puddles between Clearwater and home. Thank goodness for left over pain meds from knee surgery.

Had a nice ride after the rain this evening, right up to the point when a squirrel ran out in front of me causing me to wreck. Rode the last 27 or so miles back home with wrist hurting like hell and of course hit every pot hole submerged in puddles between Clearwater and home. Thank goodness for left over pain meds from knee surgery.

dang bruh. couldve had squirrel for dinner. your loss.

Damn, that sucks.

I'm down 8lbs this week alone. Calling for clear skies all week. So hopefully I can put in 30+ miles/day this week. I'll shed this weight in no time.

Just hoping I didn't break it as I am supposed to do 1st mini-tri next weekend. Don't know if I could do the one armed swim.

If I were you, I would do it then have it checked. But then again, don't do that.

It's enforced very loosely but made a law in most biking cities I believe.

Ah. Well my city is very unfriendly towards bikes so not many people commute here.

I got too drunk last night and slept through my alarm for the group ride this morning. Tried to ride this afternoon and the hangover was just too much, coupled with seriously cold winds. The LBS owner has set a goal of 200 miles this week.

got a good ride in this evening. pretty cold tho. i swapped my hybrid tires for trail tires. WOW i had no idea how much velocity i would lose on the road. no wonder the road cyclists blow by so fast. i might be able to get moving on one of those things.

20 miles solo tonight. Nothing special.

Finally got around to ordering my RoadID. Got an orange Slim WristID and the motivational line says "Rocky Top."

Last edited:

VN Store

Back