'12 GA CB Joshua Holsey

Elite Georgia defensive back won’t have to wait until UGA summer camp for offer | AJC College Sports Recruiting

Top 3 of Auburn, LSU, and VaTech

How does Holsey feel about UGA now? “I like them but I’m just going to visit some schools and see which one is the best for me.”
(Kinda sounds like Berry did toward UGA)
He considers Berry to be “like an older brother.” They work out together when Berry visits Creekside to train at the school.

There is a "insider" post on the rumor mill thing on ESPN talking about Holsey's top three. Anyone care to summarize?

What ESPN had to say, includes a little about Geno at the end.

Corner Josh Holsey is one of the Peach State's most coveted prospects, with about 24 offers from schools across the country. But he had to wait until Wednesday before Georgia finally came calling.

The Fairburn, Ga., product was thought to be a Bulldog lean when his home state school finally offered. Holsey, however, told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that his leaders currently are Auburn, LSU and Virginia Tech.

It seems UGA might've been late to the game because it was holding out for the state's top DB, Atlanta's Geno Smith, who has Auburn as his leader, with Alabama, Florida State and Tennessee rounding out the board.

Lots of time for Geno.

The comments on the AJC article are funny. It seems that UGA fans are starting to freak out a little. I think they sense a collapse on the horizon and a coaching change that could set the program back a few years. Starting to reek of desperation the way they harass Geno.

Wth is going on in Athens???? Georgia watched Dillon Lee get 20 scholarships before finally offering. Now they needed to see Holsey get 24 before making a move. HELLO? This is ridiculous with instate kids. I’m really beginning to think CMR and staff are “mailing it in” on recruiting until they see how those first two games go …. smh

There’s no doubt that the Dawgs are slow to get in early on alot of instate talent. We have already lost Ukeme Elique, Dakaota Ball, and Kenyan Drake, and we most likely will lose Dillon Lee. All of these are blue chip prospects from Georgia that committed to out of state teams. Yes we had a great year recruiting in state last year, but we lost a lot of blue chip guys that we should have added to the dream team. IMO instate recruiting MUST be our first and foremost priority and clearly it’s not!!! Ball and Lee have stated that Bama has been all over them from their 10th grade. Time to refocus our efforts at home!!!

No offense, but a lot of our fans sound exactly the same with recruiting in general whether it be out-of-state or in-state.

Tons of fans still don't have faith in Dooley's recruiting ability.

No offense, but a lot of our fans sound exactly the same with recruiting in general whether it be out-of-state or in-state.

Tons of fans still don't have faith in Dooley's recruiting ability.

Well said. Our fans are going nuts right now because some of our instate boys are going out of state.

What can you really expect when our state produces over 100 D-1 players every year. Our staff also does not oversign or greyshirt any players. We have to be VERY SELECTIVE in the guys we offer. We don't do what out of state schools do. Some schools throw out offers to plenty of our instate boys to get in their heads early in the process.

Our staff knows who their first priorities are and they know their own board better than us fans.

This kind of talk happens this time of year every year. Our staff was getting hammered by ignorant fans and they closed out the year with the majority of the top players in the state.

Recruiting is a marathon not a sprint. I have all the confidence in our staff.

I thought we'd be in better shape with Holsey by this point. Maybe us holding out on that offer for so long set us (dramatically) back?

We need to go a head an offer incoming freshman Creekside DB Deontre Truman as well he's gonna be the real deal maybe number 1 player in the state in '15, it's never to early to offer
Posted via VolNation Mobile

We need to go a head an offer incoming freshman Creekside DB Deontre Truman as well he's gonna be the real deal maybe number 1 player in the state in '15, it's never to early to offer
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I agree, I work with my son's little league Baseball and football team and you can see kids with talent already even at this age. I can't wait to see how some of these little guys play when they get older.

I don't like offering that young, I've seen too many kids that were just bigger at that age turn out to be nothing, because every one else has caught up to them with growth spurts

VN Store

Back