Wt: 202
40: 4.6
Bench Max:220
Squat Max:315
Shuttle:4.6
Vertical:37 inches

Rivals
Scout

Plans to walk-on to UT this year per Mo Couch. Says he is up to 215 and runs a 4.39 40.

Said the coaches are all excited for him.

I'm pumped. Kid has good measurables. Hope he provides a crazy wildcard.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The speed could be worked out with some technique issues and some college (albeit JC) S&C program. Maybe his 4.6 time was an off day at a combine... could be a lot of things. However, I would be surprised if he had that sort of speed and he couldn't get a d1 schollie with those measureables.

Just relaying what Mo told me. If he ran a legit sub 4.4 I imagine he'd have a few offers though. All his other numbers look great.

Never mind, wrong guy. No stats were posted for this guy...

Last edited:
2009 stats .. caught 8 passes for a 16.9 yd average ..2010 not listed on the roster and 0 stats ?????? .. did sit out 2010 ?? maybe ?? .. GO VOLS !!!!

Last edited:
If nothing else, this guy appears to be capable of providing that middle of the field threat which we sorely need. In addition to having size, he has had the 'luxury' of a yr or two of jr college, so ,hopefully, he's physically and mentally more mature and wont have as big of an adjustment as the typical high school wr or walk-on.

And, Coach Blakeney (Troy) has an eye for diamonds in the rough.

Jones finished as the Whirlwinds’ second-leading tackler with 90. He also had seven interceptions and 15 pass deflections. On offense, Jones caught 16 passes for 330 yards and three touchdowns.

“He has great athleticism, and tremendous leaping ability,” Woods said. “I think most of the colleges liked what they saw out of him on defense because of his aggressiveness in getting to the ball.

Timmonsville's Jones to play at Kansas junior college | SCNOW

Jones was also a 1A all-stater in basketball, averaging 16.8 points and 8.4 rebounds per game his senior year.

You dont go from running 4.6 to a 4.39

They must have used a really cheap stopwatch for that 4.6 40.. Obviously, they used a good one for the 4.39,,

Really, I don't see how anyone can cut 21/100s of a second off their 40yd dash time.

If he runs good routes, can get seperation, can run block, and has good hands I don't care if his 40 is 4.6 or not.

VN Store

Back