'12 NJ DE Darius Hamilton

“Right now, I like Rutgers, Florida, Tennessee, North Carolina and South Carolina,” Hamilton said. “I haven’t fully evaluated all of the schools that have offered me, but those are the ones that stick out right now.”

“I’m going to meet with my coach this week and he’s going to help me set up unofficial visits,” Hamilton said. “We’re probably going to cut it to 10 or 15 soon and start looking at the academics and athletics and how they balance. After that cut, it’s just a matter of time before its 10 to five to a commitment somewhere.”
- Scout

I really hope we are all over this guy. He seems to be interested, and we have a huge need at DE.

Wow this would be a great pickup, one of my favorite recruits this year. Hope the staff is all over him.

This could be that big time guy we land that no one would expect for us to get.

Year 1: Da'Rick Rogers
Year 2: Maggitt
Year 3: maybe Hamilton????
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Top 12 is just funny... there was a recruit a couple years ago that had a top 20 or something like that, forgot who.

Any update on his top-12? I want to see this guy on our defensive line next season.

Didn't see it mentioned that he is the son of former New York Giants defensive lineman Keith Hamilton and he goes to the same high school as former Gator Justin Trattou.

Darius is an active defensive lineman with extremely quick hands that lines up both on the inside and outside for his high school team and makes plays in both spots. His versatility, size/speed/athleticism and bloodlines make him a can't miss type of prospect

Didn't see it mentioned that he is the son of former New York Giants defensive lineman Keith Hamilton and he goes to the same high school as former Gator Justin Trattou.

What's your gut feeling on this guy Sab? Think we got a good chance to land him? Is he a FL lean or a VA Tech lean? I don't see him going to VA.

What's your gut feeling on this guy Sab? Think we got a good chance to land him? Is he a FL lean or a VA Tech lean? I don't see him going to VA.

I definitely think we have a shot here. Don Boscoe Prep has 3 guys all capable of playing and starring in the SEC. Shumate, Wright, and Hamilton. Shumate is probably going to South Carolina...

Wright is a guy that we are alos recruiting. A 5 star guy on 247 and an absolute stud. We are in it for him to.

Sirmon seems to be the main recruiter here and we may be able to get 1 which is totally fine.

Florida has made tremendous strides in NJ and PA in the past 3 years and it is paying off. I don't think Rutgers will get either of these guys but the school is onl 30 mins away.

If we recruit our tails off we can snag Hamilton, there is no team sticking out yet, we just have to get him on campus...

By the way Don Boscoe plays Prattville again this year, last year they spanked them by 3 TD's I think.

I definitely think we have a shot here. Don Boscoe Prep has 3 guys all capable of playing and starring in the SEC. Shumate, Wright, and Hamilton. Shumate is probably going to South Carolina...

Wright is a guy that we are alos recruiting. A 5 star guy on 247 and an absolute stud. We are in it for him to.

Sirmon seems to be the main recruiter here and we may be able to get 1 which is totally fine.

Florida has made tremendous strides in NJ and PA in the past 3 years and it is paying off. I don't think Rutgers will get either of these guys but the school is onl 30 mins away.

If we recruit our tails off we can snag Hamilton, there is no team sticking out yet, we just have to get him on campus...

By the way Don Boscoe plays Prattville again this year, last year they spanked them by 3 TD's I think.

Where are they playing them? If it's down here I'll be in attendance.

Any update on his top-12? I want to see this guy on our defensive line next season.

Last update on him on 247sports was 9 days ago.

Hamilton also is a high-character prospect with a strong work ethic and great bloodlines (his father Keith Hamilton played for the New York Giants), so the five-star prospect has a low bust factor. Right now, he’s wide open as far as college choices go. Expect him to take some visits in the coming months and narrow things down.

Probably my most wanted recruit. We need DEs in a bad way, and this guy is a beast.

He's the top DE on our board and we're throwing all the guns at him. I don't have a gut feeling, but Florida wants him badly as well. We have a shot and we can offer early playing time.

Saw where he's the 5th best overall player on rivals so it would be a tremendous get. Hopefully we can get him.

Where are they playing them? If it's down here I'll be in attendance.

They dont play Prattville this year. They have Mission Viejo, CA at home, Manatee in Florida, and I think St. Edwards in Ohio for out of state games. Surprised Sirmon didnt swing by Old Tappan HS when he visited Bosco, its only 15 minutes away, to recruit Devin Fuller, kid is ridiculous at QB but will play corner or slot in college, good bloodlines like Hamilto also as his father played at TCU. I just hope we can get Darius to campus this summer.

We may get more than one big fish this year. All we need is one to start things off. If Corey Smith had his school work together it would've really helped us out. Kinda hard to recruit when you won't be on campus yourself come next fall.

ESPNU 150 Watch List DE Darius Hamilton of New Jersey will announce his 10 or 12 semifinalists in about two weeks, but he gave Mike Farrell of Rivals.com a sneak peek. Hamilton said that Florida, Georgia, Miami, Oregon, Rutgers and Tennessee are in good shape to make his cut. It seems safe to say, then, that these six are essentially Hamilton's current leaders.
Espn

not only wright and hamilton but they also have a safety and a reciever that are in the rivals 250.

we need to on all 4 in a big way!

Named Rugers his leader, his dad is pushing him there.

Will visit Cali, Florida, & Oregon this summer.

VN Store

Back