Todd Raleigh You Are Fired

We are 3 years removed from a SECE title- and could possibly win this year. The football program is far from in the dumps!

It would be moronic to think the changes to Neyland dont benifit the fans, the university, the football program, and recruiting.

How has the football program been doing? How's recruiting? it's been ok at best.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Coach Grizz,
Please explain the APR circumstances surrounding the firing of Delmonico. If you do not know what I am talking about, please do not pretend to know anything about the ADs work.

I am friends with several former baseball players. Some hated and some loved him.

Rod Delmonico made the mistake of treating his players like adults and told them he expected them to do the right thing and go to class.

With so few scholarships and players it only took a handful of guys to screw it up for everyone else. Additionally, under Rod we had guys who were talented enough to actually get drafted after they turned 21 or were juniors and did not help either.

Every year, we seemingly hand one bonehead who failed to qualify to play. Sometimes they would come back to team after Spring semester was over (last week of season or so) You had idiots like pitcher Jeffery Terrell who simply never went to class at all. He had to go pro after being drafted relatively low as a result.

So Rod did not closely monitor his guys like the NCAA expect/demand now. To many immature jerks made the guys who took care of business look bad.

Last edited:
We are 3 years removed from a SECE title- and could possibly win this year. The football program is far from in the dumps!

No, we've just recently had some of the worse seasons in school history!

no they really haven't. The circumstances he was put in were crazy and much of it came from men who claimed to bleed orange

i doubt lane kiffin claimed to bleed orange seeing as how he never embraced anything at tennessee. the man never even got a tennessee state driver's license. the fact that hamilton was conned by kiffin leads me to believe he should never hire anyone at ut.

words can't describe how bad todd raleigh is.

and the best hire (bruce pearl) is responsible for putting the men's basketball program on probation.

i doubt lane kiffin claimed to bleed orange seeing as how he never embraced anything at tennessee. the man never even got a tennessee state driver's license. the fact that hamilton was conned by kiffin leads me to believe he should never hire anyone at ut.

Yep, but Hammy is such a great AD
and the best hire (bruce pearl) is responsible for putting the men's basketball program on probation.

I never claimed Kiffin since he's not the only coach ever to be at UT.

and to be honest, baseball isn't a revenue producing sport. Hire someone that gets you closer to breaking even and you've done fine.

The Tennessee atheletics department raised $45.3 million last year, which is No 1 nationally.
Who needs to be fired?

$45.3 mil is a lot of money, but how does it compare with florida, texas, bama, georgia, oklahoma, you know, places where they raise a lot of money and hire coaches who know what in hades they are doing? in other words, a.d.s who can walk and chew gum at the same time.

let me also say, that the firings of bruce pearl and phil fulmer, while warranted, were handled in a completely unprofessional way which would also call into question his professional skills as an athletic director

if i was the tennessee athletic director and tried to destroy the tennessee athletic department to the best of my ability, tennessee's athletic program would still be in better shape than it is now under mike hamilton.

Can't babysit grown men...MH does a fine job

the changes on the field have been equally amazing.

there is more to being athletic director than getting boosters to cough up some cash.

darn near every major university in the country has upgraded their facilities in the last 15 years. mike hamilton isn't a genius in this regard.

his hiring and firing decisions, especially in regard to major programs, have been god awful.

This statement is factually wrong. It is provable with numbers. He is a "genius" in just that regard. He has raised over 500 million dollars in development....it is staggering.

This statement is factually wrong. It is provable with numbers. He is a "genius" in just that regard. He has raised over 500 million dollars in development....it is staggering.

I'm going against my religion here but I'm gonna defend 99 here, he makes a good point. The arms race has been going on like the cold war for about that amount of time. Everybody and they mama are tring to land that #1 recruit by beefing up their facilities!!

I can give the man his due. He's raised a ton of money and he's been instrumental in the renovations along with men like Haslam and Manning. That's fantastic, though some might rightfully argue that he's also rasied a lot of money by sticking it to the fans whether it be charging the students, moving long time donors out of their seats or adding uber costly seating which reduces the amount of seats for the average fan. Reasonable people could debate that I suppose.

I'm also able to point out some short comings. He doesn't seem to command respect from his coaches. No one can say Kiffin respected MH. MH finally admits that hiring Kiffin was the worst mistake he's made since being AD, so...I'll take him at his word. His firing of both Fulmer and Pearl was totally botched, at the very least clumsy, even if one realizes MH answers to others. New Years Gate, Pilot Gate both of which had players with guns,drugs,booze etc and all things NCAA related were on his watch.

None of that seems to matter to some, that the reputation of the University has taken a big hit over the last few years.While it may not matter to some, it does matter to others. Season ticket purchasing for both FB and BB are down...again. Whether people are reluctant because of the product on the field/court, whether it's a statement on the folks running the show or some combination of the two, I can't say.

Finally, man, I really wish we were getting a chance at UNC this season, it had all the makings of a good early match up. Bummer.

Who cares how much they bring in if there is nothing to show for it.

Exactly. Last time I checked we aren't the boy scouts of america.. the goal is not to be #1 in the country in fundraising. It's to be #1 in all sports.

Reasonable points by some in the thread.

Dooley wanted out of UNC to make sure he got bowl practices for 2012.

The Pearl firing was primarily mishandled because he was too open in sharing what he was told. The NCAA lawyer they hired was absurdly wrong early on. Hamilton also should never have given the interview before.the game.

He warned delmonico about the apr and was ignored. By the time he fired him no good coach wanted to come because we were down 5 players in one of the toughest conferences in college baseball.

Fulmers buyout was not Hamiltons call.

Kiffin brought Orgeron and NCAA trouble should have been expected.

Pearl? Hat hated him before he was proven right. No clear indication of NCAA trouble coming from him.

Hamilton makes mistakes. He also does not get credit for stuff like the sideline switch which was a great idea.

Overall I am still a fan.

Exactly. Last time I checked we aren't the boy scouts of america.. the goal is not to be #1 in the country in fundraising. It's to be #1 in all sports.

You got any Tagalongs leftover?

VN Store

Back