Todd Raleigh You Are Fired

MikeHamiltonFan

Does anyone have suggestions as to who to hire?

We have to pay that Jackwagon for a year left on his contract despite the fact that he sucks so badly that he should have to pay the University. Yes I think this is a bad contract...2010 SEC baseball coaches' contracts | al.com

Unlike last time, the University is not in a huge hole with regards to APR. There is also some talent on the team.

Baseball is a money loser for UT. It will probably stay a money loser even though UT is upgrading the facilities. It certainly does not need to be a money loser that is an embarrassment. Tennessee should be prepared to open the checkbook and spend 400-500k per year for a coach who can bring in the talent to get to the CWS most years. Raleigh started at 275k and is up to 300k now and he BLOWS.

That salary range (400-500 guaranteed, with 100 more in incentives) should bring in a top tier coach.
Salaries for College Baseball Coaches Mirrors Popularity

Erik Bakich seemed like a good hire when Maryland took him. His team stinks this year.

Erik Bakich - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia He still might be a good hire for UT. He can definitely recruit.

Another guy who is an even better recruiter is currently Associate Head Coach at South Carolina:
Player Bio: Chad Holbrook - SOUTH CAROLINA GAMECOCKS

Holbrook named a top recruiter - Baseball - GoGamecocks.com

So Holbrook is a good place to start.

Baseball just got a clean bill of health from the NCAA.

We have some people who will build better facilities if we get a team that does not SUCK.

Thoughts?

Whomever they hire needs to be good at selling the program. Youth baseball is wildly popular in this area. There are plenty of D1 recruits and it's getting better. The new coach needs to be Pearl-esque in his ability to promote the program in the community. Tennessee baseball has a negative reputation which can be linked directly to the head coach, D1 prospects from this area choose to go to other schools.

you can s--tcan any ideas of u.t. hiring a first rate coach as long as hamilton is the a.d. he hasn't done it yet. dooley and martin (and i sincerely wish both well) were strictly second tier coaches. could you in your wildest dreams imagine florida or notre dame offering dooley? hamilton is incapable of anything beyond the bargain rack. pearl was damaged goods. kiffin was a joke (his gig at u.s.c. is due to a bona fide idiot as a.d. who's since been fired). hammy has been horse laughed so many times when he approached big name prospects, i suspect he's developed a la. tech/m.t.s.u. mentality. as a u.t. alum, i've long thought the emphasis on athletics was overdone, but never have i wanted this to happen to my alma mater.

Reactions: orchidvol
If Raleigh is fired Hamm needs to be **** caned too because he hired him!!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Coach Grizz,
Please explain the APR circumstances surrounding the firing of Delmonico. If you do not know what I am talking about, please do not pretend to know anything about the ADs work.

Coach Grizz,
Please explain the APR circumstances surrounding the firing of Delmonico. If you do not know what I am talking about, please do not pretend to know anything about the ADs work.

He doesn't need to know how the APR works in order to have that opinion.

Hammy has a body of work that supports Grizz's opinion.

He doesn't need to know how the APR works in order to have that opinion.

Hammy has a body of work that supports Grizz's opinion.

Thank you my friend, 'nuff said.........

if i was the tennessee athletic director and tried to destroy the tennessee athletic department to the best of my ability, tennessee's athletic program would still be in better shape than it is now under mike hamilton.

The Tennessee atheletics department raised $45.3 million last year, which is No 1 nationally.
Who needs to be fired?

The Tennessee atheletics department raised $45.3 million last year, which is No 1 nationally.
Who needs to be fired?

Hamilton!! To me it don't mean crap how much he brought in if our teams are near the bottom of the SEC! Ive never heard a fan cheer for how money the athletic department brought in.....

Who needs to be fired?

how bout this......

how about finding an athletic director that can raise money AND actually run the athletic department without being completely incompetent.

people act like mike hamilton is the only human being alive capable of raising money.

Hamilton!! To me it don't mean crap how much he brought in if our teams are near the bottom of the SEC! Ive never heard a fan cheer for how money the athletic department brought in.....

you ever brag about UT's facilities to fans of other schools? Now think about how those get done

people act like mike hamilton is the only human being alive capable of raising money.

he's evidently very high on the list

The athletic department need stability more than anything right now.
Conzo and Derek need the man who hired them to have their back not a new AD.
Hamiltion is evidently the best at raising money- the numbers dont lie!

Most dont care about baseball.

Actually no! I don't brag, nor do I really care. And neyland stadium speaks for it's self. Thanks to Hamilton, it's slowly but surely shrinking... Don't get me wrong I'm glad we got top notch facilities, but if you were to ask me, what do I want, championships or a nice arena? I'd take the championships. Facilities are nice when you can bring top notch talent in with it, but facilities don't matter when your programs lose, because no one wants to play for a no name or a bad coach..

Actually no! I don't brag, nor do I really care. And neyland stadium speaks for it's self.

you don't care what UT's facilities look like? That would make sense if you were bragging on how Neyland looked just a few years ago. Yes it was still Neyland but had gotten rough

no one is claiming there must be a choice between facilities and winning but to say someone is a total failure while they obviously have some wins under their belt is ridiculous

It would be moronic to think the changes to Neyland dont benifit the fans, the university, the football program, and recruiting.

Did you go to Neyland 15 years ago? The changes are amazing!

the changes on the field have been equally amazing.

there is more to being athletic director than getting boosters to cough up some cash.

darn near every major university in the country has upgraded their facilities in the last 15 years. mike hamilton isn't a genius in this regard.

his hiring and firing decisions, especially in regard to major programs, have been god awful.

his hiring and firing decisions, especially in regard to major programs, have been god awful compared to most major universities.

no they really haven't. The circumstances he was put in were crazy and much of it came from men who claimed to bleed orange

I have been going to Neyland for 25 years- when it held 110,000 fans it nothing more that a big metal dump that held alot of people.

Neyland is beautiful, that's why I said it speaks for it's self. And why you give credit to Hamilton for it, how have our teams been and keeping the NCAA off our back under the man you give so much credit to? we are not in sports to say hey look at our facilities, we might suck, but boy do we have nice facilities.. We are in them to win championships!

VN Store

Back