'12 GA CB Joshua Holsey

Holsey's mom on April 9th:
"All we're waiting on is that UT offer I wish they would hurry up and offer so we can be done with this recruitment"

Tennessee offered on April 14th

Holsey on April 28th:
"Auburn and Virginia Tech are still my top two."

So much for that, huh?

In Holsey's defense, it probably has a lot to do with this -
April 26th:
Holsey of the contact he's received, "Virginia, Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech - that's about it right now."

It's probably not that the offer came too late. It's probably that even after offering we still haven't made him feel like he's a priority for us.

Seems like were doing that with alot of recruits not putting a full court press on them. Im gonna trust the staff if we drop out of the top 20 in recruiting next year Ill begin to question them.

still VEEEERY early. right now is still more about building relationships than putting on a full court press. it'd be interesting to go back and look at last year's class and see how many guys that signed with us didn't even have a thread at this point last year.

Maybe his mom made that statement as they wanted the UT offer...but fully intend to go elsewhere. Seems like alot of these kids this year are looking for that offer from the Vols, but then do not accept it and commit.

Maybe his mom made that statement as they wanted the UT offer...but fully intend to go elsewhere. Seems like alot of these kids this year are looking for that offer from the Vols, but then do not accept it and commit.

How often do kids commit right after getting an offer? Very seldom.

Maybe you missed the comment his mother made about wanting that UT offer..so they could end his recruitment. A recruitment usually ends with a commitment. :hi:

Comments like that are always blown way out of proportion by the casual fan.

Unless it's someone saying that about the in-state school and then getting the offer, you can pretty much take things said like this with a grain of salt.

Maybe you missed the comment his mother made about wanting that UT offer..so they could end his recruitment. A recruitment usually ends with a commitment. :hi:

I get what your saying, but she may have expected us to be pusuing hard after we offered. Which may not be the case. Or we can already start the silent commit chatter :crazy:

Why don't you guys chill out? All this talk will stop in fall. If we perform to our potential then we'll really land a killer class. But potential is such an ugly word to me. Lol
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Comments like that are always blown way out of proportion by the casual fan.

Unless it's someone saying that about the in-state school and then getting the offer, you can pretty much take things said like this with a grain of salt.

I agree. I take comments such as that to mean that we have as good of a chance as any.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see Holsey end up a Vol. He has options and he's going to explore them. Doubt he will be "ending" his recruitment soon.

FSU offered Fairburn (GA) Creekside CB Josh Holsey on this morning. LSU, Tenn, SCarolina, UK, Louisville, & others have been by recently.
web • 5/4/11 8:18 AM

Chad Simmons

“Right now, the visits are still the most important,” Holsey said. “I haven’t started to narrow down my list or name any favorites.”

“I could really see myself going out of state, but it isn’t anything definite yet,” Holsey said.
- Scout

"Florida State offered me today. They told me that I'm a Seminole at Creekside and they want me to be a Seminole in college," Holsey said. "I was actually pretty surprised because I've gotten some interest from Florida State, but I didn't know the offer would happen that quickly because I hadn't spoken with the coaching staff yet, I just received mail. So this was a very nice surprise and I was excited."

"Their defense is physical and aggressive," Holsey explained. "I feel that describes my game as well. I'm a ball hawk anytime it's in the air. I just always believe I'm going to come down with the ball, that's always been my thinking on defense."
- Rivals

Holsey said he will visit FSU this summer.

Hey, Josh, that's the school that's taking away that "Seminole" logo from your school too. Ridiculous of them to use that as any kind of reason he should go to FSU.

Dude has racked up a pretty ridiculous offer list, and I am sure that more are on the way.

What is his wing span? He has very long arms for his size. I finally watched his film tonite and kid is a true baller. I he also has very good feet and hips. His speed is also very nice.

I know early on as people were evaluating him, his size was a concern. 5-9 might be a little kind, but he can run. Hosley hasn't talked a great deal about Berry and his relationship with him. We will catch up with him, but Auburn and Virginia Tech are his top two at this point.
- Hubbs

AU jumped on him early and it is helping with Smith, but I think now that his stock is rising he will wait and see who all wants him. Which will only hurt AU if it prolongs until after the season.

Lerone Jackson,Evan Berry,Davion Tookes,Joshua Holsey ran a 41.34 yesterday in the 400 m relay in Jefferson. Thats flying.

VN Store

Back