so much for egyptians not wanting radical muslim leadership

droski

obama needs to explain this to me better clearly.

Egyptian Fairy Tale - Investors.com

Pew found that 84% favor the death penalty for people who leave the Muslim faith; 82% support stoning adulterers; and 77% think thieves should have their hands cut off.

A solid majority wants to return to war footing against the Jewish nation. By 54% to 36%, Egyptians say a new government should tear up the peace treaty with Israel.

So who do they like? Fully 75% of Egyptians expressed a favorable view of the radical Muslim Brotherhood.

Its disturbing, I agree. But why do you lay this at the feet of Obama? He joined with everyone else in calling for Mubarek to go, but he isn't the one who forced him out. The Egyptian people did.

Imagine how much worse it would be if we had supported Mubarek and he fell, anyway, as seems likely.

Seems like a real stretch for you to blame Obama for this.

Its disturbing, I agree. But why do you lay this at the feet of Obama? He joined with everyone else in calling for Mubarek to go, but he isn't the one who forced him out. The Egyptian people did.

i only mention obama because he was telling us that the egyptians revolted because they wanted a democracy and more freedom which is obviously ridiculous.

if this outcome is acceptable then why not back the students in Iran?

i only mention obama because he was telling us that the egyptians revolted because they wanted a democracy and more freedom which is obviously ridiculous.

You are incorrect in a very fundamental way.

They apparently want their future government leaders to be strongly Islamic. Just because they want to vote such leadership into power doesn't make it non-democratic to do so.

if this outcome is acceptable then why not back the students in Iran?

I've been wondering why Iran hasn't broken out into full scale revolt given these recent developments. They seemed close to doing that just last year. Would have thought the other situations might spur it.

i find it hard to believe that type of leadership is going to be a ok with transparent elections.

I've been wondering why Iran hasn't broken out into full scale revolt given these recent developments. They seemed close to doing that just last year. Would have thought the other situations might spur it.

they have the support of the common people and the villages and have so for years.

I want to know where the author of Droski's article got his information. On a quick skim of the Pew Study, I do not find numbers that support the claims in Droski's original post.

obama needs to explain this to me better clearly.

Egyptian Fairy Tale - Investors.com

Pew found that 84% favor the death penalty for people who leave the Muslim faith; 82% support stoning adulterers; and 77% think thieves should have their hands cut off.

A solid majority wants to return to war footing against the Jewish nation. By 54% to 36%, Egyptians say a new government should tear up the peace treaty with Israel.

So who do they like? Fully 75% of Egyptians expressed a favorable view of the radical Muslim Brotherhood.

What a joke of an article. The author clearly has an agenda.

Here is the actual study (the survey questions start on page 29):

http://pewglobal.org/files/2011/04/Pew-Global-Attitudes-Egypt-Report-FINAL-April-25-2011.pdf

i also notice that 79% of the country views the US unfavorably. glad we are giving them our money.

his 75% seems exactly right. what numbers are you objecting to?

70 % favorably view the "April 6 movement." Looked it up and they are a facebook-based group of young people who support free speech and oppose nepotism in government.

Also, I note that the opinion of the U.S. improved by a few points from 2010 to 2011.

It won't happen under the Obambi administration but
what America needs to do is step back and take a long
hard look at it's whole North African foreign policy as
devised by Barack and Hitlery.

For instance, Libya:

Pajamas Media Al-Qaeda ‘Emirates’ in Eastern Libya?

In a now mysterious interview published earlier this
month in the London-based Arabic-language daily
Al-Hayat, a spokesman for the North African branch
of al-Qaeda appeared to confirm al-Qaeda involvement
in the eastern Libyan rebellion. The North African
branch of the terror organization is known as al-Qaeda
in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM). The spokesman was
identified as Salah Abu Muhammad.

According to the April 16th article in Al-Hayat, Salah
Abu Muhammad claimed that AQIM had set up Islamic
emirates in a series of eastern Libyan cities and he
identified a certain “Sheikh Abdul-Hakim” as the
ruling “emir” in the rebel stronghold of Darnah. The
reference is presumably to rebel commander Abdul-Hakim
al-Hasadi. At the outset of the rebellion in February,
Libyan government sources claimed that al-Hasadi had
declared an Islamic emirate in Darnah.

“Yes, we have Islamic emirates,” Salah Abu Muhammad
was reported to have said, according to a translation
prepared by the Middle East Media Research Institute
(MEMRI), “and we are not afraid [to say this], since
we are not criminals. We fear Allah alone.” “We have
emirates in Derna, Banghazi, Al-Bayda, Maraj and
Shahat,” the quotation continues, “all of them glorious
and proud, especially the emirate in Derna, whose emir
is the honorable sheikh ‘Abd Al-Hakim, who founded an
Islamic council in his town together with his brothers
in order to rule according to Allah’s law.”

The remarks received little attention in the American
or European media. (One exception was a post on the
American Thinker blog by Jack Cashill, who cited them
in turn from a blog post by the French Middle East
correspondent Georges Malbrunot.)
-------------------------------------

As reported here on PJM, when a French journalist ran
into al-Hasadi on a recent visit to Darnah, the rebel
commander explained that he had rejoined the jihad in
order to “cut Gaddafi’s throat and establish an Islamic
state.”

What currently is happening is that we seem to be
aiding and abetting the formation of an Arab/islamic
super state that will not be a friend at all to America.

This is more or less foretold in Quigley's 'Tragedy and
Hope', circa 1967.

What I couldn't believe at the time was the forecast
that eventually there would be three big influences
in international power, capatilist, communist and a
coalition of Arabic and Spanish speaking groups.

But look now accross Latin America and the many, many
connections with islamic (or heavily influenced countries,
including of course Persian speaking Iran), countries
across the mideast and north Africa.

While we are now doing everything to shut down American
oil production, we are guraunteeing loans for Brazil's
drilling by Petrobas, Petrobas still has offices open in
Tehran, despite UN sanctions.

his 75% seems exactly right. what numbers are you objecting to?

I'm objecting to the stoning, the death for apostasy, etc. The question asked by Pew was:

Which of the following three statements comes closest to your views?

- Laws should strictly follow the teachings of the Quran: 62%

- Laws should follow the values and principles of Islam but not strictly follow the teachings of the Quran: 27%

- Laws should not be influenced by the teachings of the Quran: 5%

Unless there was a different Pew study conducting in April 2011, the author's assumption and presumptions are absolutely ridiculous.

well he did say it was from the former study.

Interesting that he fails to cite this former study. He simply refers to it as a study conducted last spring. There were only two Pew Studies conducted in the Spring of 2010; I could not find any of those questions in the studies.

You are incorrect in a very fundamental way.

They apparently want their future government leaders to be strongly Islamic. Just because they want to vote such leadership into power doesn't make it non-democratic to do so.

No. Not non-democratic.... just anti-human rights. The left goes absolutely nuts when Christians try to engage or influence the public debate in America. Yet you seem to have no problem with the Egyptians "democratically" outlawing freedom of religion and conscience.

OTOH... I guess that would put you on common footing. The American left wants to suppress Christians.... and so do the Islamists when they gain political power.

70 % favorably view the "April 6 movement." Looked it up and they are a facebook-based group of young people who support free speech and oppose nepotism in government.

Also, I note that the opinion of the U.S. improved by a few points from 2010 to 2011.

Don't forget Barry's good friend William Ayers and his merry little band of marxist community organizers, including code pinko who went to Egypt to help forment unrest!

VN Store

Back