Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli

volmanbill

The future is bright
Staff member
Talking football with Archie, Peyton and Eli Manning - ESPN

Q: Peyton, what do you remember about the Colts taking you?

Peyton: I remember talking to Mr. Irsay [Colts owner Jim] at the combine, and saying, "Tell me what you're going to do." And he said they'd tell me in March. They were making it so dramatic, not making up their mind [between he and QB Ryan Leaf of Washington State]. And finally I was in his office one day and I said, "I would like to play for you but if you don't pick me, I will kick your ass for the next 15 years.

"I would like to play for you but if you don't pick me, I will kick your ass for the next 15 years"

I love it!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

LOL, this one is one of my favorites. :) What a great SNL skit!!!

"Q: Sounds like that Saturday Night Live" you did [in 2007], Peyton, when you were strafing little kids with footballs [as part of a United Way spoof].

Peyton: We got out there and I told the director, "I don't know if I can throw the ball at those kids." It was just a Nerf ball that they'd scraped the "Nerf" word off it, but still. And he talked me into doing it. I felt better when I heard a parent of one of the actor kids saying to the director, "Hey, how come he's not throwing the ball at MY kid's face? I want him to throw the ball at my kids' face!"

Thanks for Posting !

My favorite part:

Archie: You know, I said to [Olivia his wife] one night -- I was in bed, reading something about the boys in a magazine -- and I said, "Honey, we've been married 35 years now. Did you ever, in your wildest dreams, think you and I would have children that would do these amazing things?"

And she said, "Archie, very seldom are you in my wildest dreams."

VN Store

Back