'12 IN DT Sheldon Day

“It is the Big House that’s all I got to say,” Day replied when asked to explain his decision to attend Michigan’s spring game over others. “I came to show support for the Blue! I liked it. It was exciting… just real live. I can’t imagine 100,000 people in there.”

“Coach Hoke is really nice,” said Day. “He knows what he’s got to do and he has got to be rough when he needs to. Coach Montgomery… we’re building a relationship right now and it is starting to get strong. Coach Mattison… we’re really starting to build a relationship and he is telling me what I’m going to do if I come here.”
- Scout

Visiting VT this weekend.

Day's HS team has 6 players on the defensive side of the ball w/ BCS scholarships. Also already 4 players for 2013 w/ BCS scholarships including a top 5 LB.

Day would be a huge get....I like him more and more and would love for our staff to put him in Orange

That's impressive
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Warren Central is unbelievable. As far as producing athletes there may not be a better program in the country. Glenville gets all the attention but Warren Central is almost as good and will probably pass them in the upcoming years.

I saw them beat down Cleveland Glenville last year and they've also come into Ohio and beaten some of the big school state champions in recent years by 3 and 4 TD's.

Day is an absolute beast for them, so are DE's Jonathon Burt and Josh Posley. Those two also have some BCS offers.

Speaking of Michigan, is this really the same Hoke that was the awful DC at Florida under Zook? Good grief.

He did make a great hire though with Mattison. That guy is an unbelievable recruiter.

You're right. I wonder what in the world I was thinking. LOL

The Hoke at Florida was his brother, Jon (Chicago Bears Now)....the whole family is involved with coaching and/or sports...I live in Kettering and help coach the Firebirds Football Team, both brother still come back and do clinics and talk with our team once a year, great guys.

The Hoke at Florida was his brother, Jon (Chicago Bears Now)....the whole family is involved with coaching and/or sports...I live in Kettering and help coach the Firebirds Football Team, both brother still come back and do clinics and talk with our team once a year, great guys.

Thanks! Jon is who I was thinking of. He was miserable at Florida.

Warren Central is unbelievable. As far as producing athletes there may not be a better program in the country. Glenville gets all the attention but Warren Central is almost as good and will probably pass them in the upcoming years.

I saw them beat down Cleveland Glenville last year and they've also come into Ohio and beaten some of the big school state champions in recent years by 3 and 4 TD's.

Day is an absolute beast for them, so are DE's Jonathon Burt and Josh Posley. Those two also have some BCS offers.

Pretty sure Glenville beat them week 1 at their own place...Cordale led Glenville on a game winning drive
Posted via VolNation Mobile

He's been here once already which is good. I think Tennessee at this point is in it along with a bunch of schools. He's going to narrow things down at the end of summer then we will know who truly has a realistic shot.
- Hubbs

Sheldon Day is one of my closes friends and just bc he grew up in a Michigian household does not mean he favors Michigian more. He wants to keep his options open but told me that if he had a number one it would be Tennesse. He is a great student in the classes and a great best guy friend. Over all he is a great person and Tennesse would be lucky to have him:)

Well hes between Tennesse and Texas. He loves and enjoys both but he is just unsure. Tennesse is on top.:eek:k: Im talking him into it so we can attend together

VN Store

Back