Some Tobias Harris & Cuonzo Martin quotes...

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
"If I do decide to come back, I'm in great hands with (Cuonzo) and his staff and it's a great situation."

Tobias on Cuonzo's practices: "I'd say it's the hardest I've ever worked...30 minutes, no break, is pretty tough."

Tobias on Scotty not staying in town: "Scotty's situation is a little different b/c he decided that this is what he wants to do & he wants to go to the NBA. I respect his decision. That's his decision. As for myself, I'm here bc there is a chance I could come back."

"everyone here is getting better. You can't go through that workout and not get better."

Harris also said that CCM workout's are "NBA good".

Cuonzo Martin

Cuonzo says players transition is fine, "the shock will take place next fall, when you start playing games and minutes are involved."

due to NBA lockout uncertainty. "They’re really in the information stage as we speak," Cuonzo said of Scotty/Tobias.

Cuonzo said he has been impressed by Renaldo Woolridge. Renaldo has also been working with the wings.

Cuonzo said that Scotty hasn't made a decision, weighing his options.

Last edited:
Good information. Thanks for posting. Hope they both return, unlikely though. Sounds like Harris might come back.

I was really shocked to see Scotty getting drafted by the spurs when everyone on here says he is Europe bound...

*Mock Draft of course.

A couple other things:

Cuonzo said he has been impressed by Renaldo Woolridge. Renaldo has also been working with the wings.

Even if Tobias goes, it's good to hear that he's impressed by CCM's workouts. There aren't many players who value hard work as much as Tobias does.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Even if Tobias goes, it's good to hear that he's impressed by CCM's workouts. There aren't many players who value hard work as much as Tobias does.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Agreed. I've heard rumors too (nothing substaniated too) that Pearl got soft in practice and workouts the last couple of years.

Agreed. I've heard rumors too (nothing substaniated too) that Pearl got soft in practice and workouts the last couple of years.

I remember one point seeing videos of BP saying things like "I could care less if you have your head in a bucket, you still aren't giving enough for TN". The practices look brutal.

Then we pressed alot, won alot, cooked out alot....wait:)

Tobias Harris coming back may be the difference between making a post-season tournament or not.

I was really shocked to see Scotty getting drafted by the spurs when everyone on here says he is Europe bound...

*Mock Draft of course.

mock draft or not, he would have about a good of chance of making the spurs asronnie campbell would.

"If I do decide to come back, I'm in great hands with (Cuonzo) and his staff and it's a great situation."

Tobias on Cuonzo's practices: "I'd say it's the hardest I've ever worked...30 minutes, no break, is pretty tough."

Tobias on Scotty not staying in town: "Scotty's situation is a little different b/c he decided that this is what he wants to do & he wants to go to the NBA. I respect his decision. That's his decision. As for myself, I'm here bc there is a chance I could come back."

"everyone here is getting better. You can't go through that workout and not get better."

Cuonzo Martin

Cuonzo says players transition is fine, "the shock will take place next fall, when you start playing games and minutes are involved."

due to NBA lockout uncertainty. "They’re really in the information stage as we speak," Cuonzo said of Scotty/Tobias.

Great info, zj, thanks again.

*Mock Draft of course.

being a spurs fan, I would not mind them drafting him. they always get great players in late picks. Coach Pop will be able to coach him up.(If anyone can it is him)

Cuonzo Martin

Apparently Renaldo has been working at every position.

VN Store

Back