The Weightlifters Thread

Starting my summertime diet today. Tipping the scales at 205 (last year 214, so I got a head start this go-round). Ideally I'll be in the 185-190 range.

Starting my summertime diet today. Tipping the scales at 205 (last year 214, so I got a head start this go-round). Ideally I'll be in the 185-190 range.

Where I am right now. Hopefully the same weight during the summer just less body fat and more muscle.

I have been cutting down for a while. Train wrecked the diet this weekend. I don't own a scale, but if I was to guess I'm somewhere around 250-260. Feeling and looking better though.

235... Ideally, I'd like to be <200 by the end of the summer. I took a before pic this morning.

I'm in a 36 jean. I want to get comfortably in a 34. Trying to trim it down slowly and hold on to every bit of muscle I can. I'm lifting 3 times a week. Also doing cardio (running) 4-5 times.

Yoga is overrated for women IMO. Most of them are married. A lot harder then you think too, especially the advanced classes doing headstands.

FWIW I do old school Mike Mentzer heavy duty workouts routine once a week:

1. squat
2. deadlift
3. military press
4. barbell curls
5. incline sit-ups

I alternate heavy squat and deadlift usually i cant do both heavy the same workout.
This is my version of Mentzer's consolidated HIT routine, he only had 3 exercises and alternated deadlifts and squats every 5-7 days. I have both of Mike's books on training Heavy Duty 1 and 2.

1. squat
2. deadlift
3. military press
4. barbell curls
5. incline sit-ups

I alternate heavy squat and deadlift usually i cant do both heavy the same workout.
This is my version of Mentzer's consolidated HIT routine, he only had 3 exercises and alternated deadlifts and squats every 5-7 days. I have both of Mike's books on training Heavy Duty 1 and 2.

Do you include enough amphetamines to kill a horse?

Does anyone use thermogenics/fat burners? I just bought USP's OxyElite. Haven't tried it yet.

You'll love it. I don't take it (don't need it) but I've got plenty of personal testimonials that rant and rave about it.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

You'll love it. I don't take it (don't need it) but I've got plenty of personal testimonials that rant and rave about it.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Nice. Gotta love good news. I tried Lipo 6 Black for a while and didn't like it. I was hoping this would be a little better. Thanks :hi:

Yoga is overrated for women IMO. Most of them are married. A lot harder then you think too, especially the advanced classes doing headstands.

1. squat
2. deadlift
3. military press
4. barbell curls
5. incline sit-ups

I've never read his book, but that is pretty much the same system I use.

P.S. leave my mom out of it she is a saint.

Does anyone use thermogenics/fat burners? I just bought USP's OxyElite. Haven't tried it yet.

Not really necessary for what you're looking for... Losing muscle is sort of a fact of life when you're trying to cut fat. The best thing you can do is a high-protein, high-complex carb low fat diet and be a cardio zealot in addition to weight lifting. Like half an hour a day on the treadmill, no exceptions.

VN Store

Back