Are first amendment rights under threat in America??

gsvol

Particularly when speaking of islam.

Pajamas Media Was It Something We Said?

(long)

Former Congressman and talk show host Fred Grandy and his wife Catherine were taken off the air when they refused a request from station management to "tone down" their criticism of Islam.
-------------------------------------

With the ongoing upheaval in the Middle East and the forthcoming Congressional hearings scheduled by Homeland Security Committee Chair Peter King on the extremely controversial subject of radicalization within the American Muslim community, the meeting could not have been better timed.
-----------------------------------

Despite the consensus of the panel participants and the audience that the forum was an unqualified success, station management was strangely reserved when we returned to work. In fact, we were told we needed to “tone down” the Islam stuff. At the time the Islam stuff amounted to periodic reports from experts in law enforcement and Middle Eastern politics usually on Friday for a-20 minute segment between 8 and 8:30 am. In a broadcast week that spans 20 hours (Monday through Friday, 5 to 9am), this did not seem like an excessive emphasis, particularly on a subject which almost always lit up our call-in lines and spawned numerous emails during and after the broadcast.
-------------------------------

In addition, as a way to gin up interest in our Capitol Hill event we added a very short segment once a day during the week of the forum, called “Islam for Dhimmies.” In the ideology of jihad, dhimmitude refers to the status of vanquished non-Muslim populations, a second- class citizen status not completely unlike the Jim Crow laws that materialized in this country after the Civil War.

These pieces were never any longer than 3 minutes and were designed to show how our nation’s slavish devotion to multiculturalism was beginning to undermine basic freedoms.

Never ceases to amaze me when people say that the First Amendment restricts private employers.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Never ceases to amaze me when people say that the First Amendment restricts private employers.

I've got to agree with this. They have the First Amendment right to say whatever they want about Islam. However, the radio station has no requirement to air anything that its producers don't want to air.

yup. Funny how gsvol didn't see this from the small business side.

Wonder who put the pressure on the station management??

I thought it funny that the study quoted in the link said that prominent moslems in recent years have either ended up in prison or in high government positions.

His Islamaphobia trumps everything else.

donkey.jpg

VN Store

Back