Some Questions about our involvement in Libya

I like to amend my original list of questions and add this:

5) Who came up with the name "Odyssey Dawn" for this mission?

Zinger.

gsvol, your comic called it a "vacation to Brazil." Do you believe he was on vacation? Do believe Nixon was on vacation when he went to China?

Did Tricky Dick take along his wife, kidds and mother-in-law??

2v9u6wl.gif

What do you think Barry could possibly have accomplished over the weekend in Brazil except make a promotional campaign tour to tout his proposed 2012 reelection??

Pajamas Media Eastern Libya’s Tribes, Jihadism: Did U.S. Consider Its Own Libya Intel?

The documentary information cited above is not opinion or speculation; it is fact and evidence.

With the apparent absence of any plan for post-Gaddafi governance, an ignorance of Libya’s tribal nature and our poor record of dealing with tribes, American government documents that conclusively establish that the epicenter of the revolt is rife with anti-American and pro-jihad sentiment, and with al-Qaeda’s explicit support for the revolt, it is appropriate to ask our policymakers how American military intervention in support of this revolt in any way serves vital U.S. strategic interests.

Maybe you can answer that question???

gaddaffi_obama.jpg

Since when did it become America's responsibility to protect citizens of other nations?

Or, if so, why don't we bomb Iran, China, North Korea, Zimbabwe and stop the ANC genocide campaign against whites in South Africa??

I like to drop bombs and walk away. Clinton bombers in the night style.

Except that he bombed the wrong countries.

I like to amend my original list of questions and add this:

5) Who came up with the name "Odyssey Dawn" for this mission?

Samantha Powers' girl friend?

Clinton is also my favorite president since Reagan. I hated both Bush's and like the new guy even less. Would have preferred Hillary over Mccain as Hillary actually has some balls and doesn't just go with whatever is popular.

Clinton was the worst president since Woodrow Wilson, incidentally Clinton thought of Woodrow Wilson as his role model, as a matter of fact he gained the presidency using the same tactic of bringing in a third party candidate that was actually his patsy.

How am I revising?

I was never for the Iraq war.

If you'd known me 10 years ago, you'd have known that.

Remember me? I like to drop bombs and walk away. Clinton bombers in the night style.

bill had his chance to kill bin laden and didn't do it.

bill had his chance to kill bin laden and didn't do it.

Al Qaeda had all of 30 members and was seen as a pariah, even to other militant Islamic groups in the region, when Bin Laden fled the Sudan for Afghanistan. If anything, the specific targeting of UBL by the US increased his stature and led to greater acceptance and recruitment for AQ.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Al Qaeda had all of 30 members and was seen as a pariah, even to other militant Islamic groups in the region, when Bin Laden fled the Sudan for Afghanistan. If anything, the specific targeting of UBL by the US increased his stature and led to greater acceptance and recruitment for AQ.
So Ollie North was just making it up?

25 years ago almost to the day I sat off the coast of Lybia as bombs were dropping just as they are now. Seems like yesterday! The irony is that back then France refused to let the Air Force use their air space!

Last edited:
So Ollie North was just making it up?

Either making it up or working with poor information. UBL had money and desire; however, he lacked any majnah (fundamental and specific goal set in which to direct a jihad) which led to other militant groups distancing themselves from AQ. Even Mullah Omar, leader of the Taliban, wanted little to nothing to do with UBL.

IP what potential canidates do you like for 2012?

I personally haven't found one yet.

I'm still waiting for the Republican party to get their heads out of the sand and put some push behind Alan Keyes. Will never happen though. Man is too smart to be President.

Haven't found one yet. Hard to say without knowing who the main candidates will be for the major parties. I usually vote 3rd party.

Haven't found one yet. Hard to say without knowing who the main candidates will be for the major parties. I usually vote 3rd party.

You might as well not vote then since we don't really have a third party candidate system yet and it's normally helps the Democrat.

I wish we had a third party system.

I wish I had more than MCCain or Obama to pick from last year with a real chance of winning.

I wish I had more than Gore VS Bush too. Talk about a lose lose situation.

I like Rudy Giuliani but somehow he got steamrolled by Mccain last time. I still can't quite figure it out.

It's Fargin' War...err....It's Fargin' Kinetic Military Action!!!!

White House: Libya fight is not war, it's 'kinetic military action' | Byron York | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

In a briefing on board Air Force One Wednesday, deputy national security adviser Ben Rhodes took a crack at an answer. "I think what we are doing is enforcing a resolution that has a very clear set of goals, which is protecting the Libyan people, averting a humanitarian crisis, and setting up a no-fly zone," Rhodes said. "Obviously that involves kinetic military action, particularly on the front end.

Seriously?

I mean they're not even trying anymore.

They're just saying whatever they think sounds good becausr they know the media will just nod and agree.

Kinetic Military Action? Wow.

Isn't it obvious? only Kinetic Military Actions can stop man-caused disasters.

wait...KMA, or Kiss My A$$. hmmmm...

Kinetic military action to prevent man-made disasters = Odyssey Dawn.

Makes perfect sense.

Damn you MG! Beat me to it

Kinetic actions... Wow. Anything to avoid calling it what it is.

I told you last night we weren't going to war.

Bombs in the night? not war.

Boots on the ground? not war.

Enemy soldiers getting killed? still not a war.

US soldiers getting killed? still not going to be a war.

Its kinetic energy in motion.

VN Store

Back