'12 JUCO WR Cordarrelle Patterson (UT signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude the he is 1 second better than the womens winner in PA last year. One of those times is wrong. Every sprinter runs 400s all the time. Lets just hope that time is wrong.

Your logic that he can't run a 4.5 forty because he ran a 54 sec 400 is extremely flawed. If there is a direct correlation from one distance to the next, like you seem to suggest, then he is probably running a 3:48 mile. Right? Our 100-200 meter guy in HS was the worst leg on our 4x400 relay team. Yes he ran it, didn't mean he was good at it, nor slow in his other events.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I ran track. I am around track programs all the time. I go to a lot of meets. If you are fast you are fast. There are 3 sprints 100, 200, 400. Each one requires slightly different skill set. Some guys lose in the 100 and win in the 400. That does not take any brains to admit that. But never and I repeat never does a guy have that much disparity. Anyone running a 10.8 could jog a 54. Even if he were a blazing 100 meter guy which they say he is and the 400 was not his event 54 is a very poor effort or performance. Maybe he did not like 400 and mailed it in. But if that is the case he is not a competitior and I do not wnat him on my team. I hope that time is wrong.

400m is about endurance...40yds/100m is about explosion and top end speed....the ability to maintain a 90% sprint for 400m says nothing about ones explosiveness

thank you for actually posting some intelligence.

Allyson Felix is top 3 100 m runner and the top 200 meter runner but she isnot even close to Sanya Richardson in the 4...

short sprints is a completely different animal than 400

Patterson's top track times:
Cordarelle Patterson - SCRUNNERS.COM

Note that he didn't run the 400 his senior year. Still, his top 100 time of 10.73 is impressive; he could easily be in the 10.5 range next year and that's faster than most SEC DBs & receivers.

Keep in mind that Patterson didn't play HS sports until his junior year, and in his two-year HS career he had 119 catches for 2,033 yards and 35 TDs. His showing last year at Hutchinson showed that he's for real; he was one of only five freshmen to be named to the All-American team.

Random Question.. who is that new scout article talking about that came to Jr day and is def not going to be a vol?

no. hes a soph. so he definitely wont be attending Tennessee next year

As I suspected he either did not run the 400 or that time was wrong. He looks fast on film. But for all you track experts one question. Do you really believe if Mr Bolt from Jamaica trained and ran the 400 that he would not run a good time? Do you really believe if Michael Johnson ran the 100 he would not run a good time. The reason is because fast is fast. Some events are more suited for others that is why the same guy does not win all those events. Looking at this guys long stride I bet the board that time is wrong and he would run 54 in warmups.

As I suspected he either did not run the 400 or that time was wrong. He looks fast on film. But for all you track experts one question. Do you really believe if Mr Bolt from Jamaica trained and ran the 400 that he would not run a good time? Do you really believe if Michael Johnson ran the 100 he would not run a good time. The reason is because fast is fast. Some events are more suited for others that is why the same guy does not win all those events. Looking at this guys long stride I bet the board that time is wrong and he would run 54 in warmups.

Let it go...

I think his slow 400m time means that when it's 3rd and 400meters we shouldn't throw to him. Time to move on. Good catch, volterp.

Can't run the 400... Best to let this one go. If the ball changes possession 6 times in a single play, we can't have that liability IMHO

Then why post the track times. If he ran 54 he did not run anything close to 4.2-4.5.

You have no idea about his body makeup. His legs and lungs could be conditioned for short term burst run. His 40 might blow anyone else's out of the water and his 100 might be average. It's very possible.

Also picked up a UGA offer.

That 400m time is crippling though, I am not sure how high he is on our board as a result. Such an important metric for a football player. Very worrisome. :no: :wink:

Does anyone know if he is in JUCO b/c of a lack of grades or b/c he didn't get any D-1 offers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back