Cuba in Angola

Actually, Heebs, if we are talking about worldviews and world opinion, you are holding the superminority position.

With that knowledge, I'm wondering who has the screwed up world view?

Mind bottling - I think they did that with Nixon on Futurama didn't they? :)

thanks for the knowledge, I'll use it frequently.

And Brick Tamlin coined the phrase
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Ok, I'm getting a headache and starting to feel like I'm listening to dialogue from Clue.

So UTGibbs doesn't believe what he post and just says it to get a reaction?

Yes, he does or no he doesn't?

Mind bottling:

00225k7w

@NEOCON - the OP was what everyone else thought of Cuba in Angola. If you don't think I believe what I write, you should visit the thread where BPV and droski have started big-pimping Keynes re: bailout.

Mind bottling:

00225k7w

@NEOCON - the OP was what everyone else thought of Cuba in Angola. If you don't think I believe what I write, you should visit the thread where BPV and droski have started big-pimping Keynes re: bailout.
I didnt pimp Keynes. You just don't know enough economics to have any idea what was being said. Maybe your issue is that your Middle East expertise (yes, I laughed) has clouded your economics genius to the point that you can't find an obscure and borderline retarded author to throw at us.

:boggling:

You guys have to realize that he is just pulling your legs and only highlighting the idiocy of many of the left's philosophies. He plays the arrogant Devil's advocate in many of his posts.

Or he could be a space alien don't forget.

Continuing with the theme of Cuba in Angola and the fallout from that, the following is a;
MUST READ!

A genocide in South Africa

These things are little reported in the west because the liberal-left media fully support the ANC as they fully supported Mugabe in 1980 and thereafter and for the realities to be broadcast by our media would demonstrate the real facts of African rule and destroy the unrealistic ideology of racial equality that they desperately need to believe in else their whole ideology falls and their lives have been wasted.

The dream was Mandela accepting the Nobel Peace Prize for all who have opposed racism. It was awarded to him, the ANC and all South Africa’s people. The reward was to be freedom and democracy in an open society which respected the rights of all individuals. This is the fantasy. What is the reality? Mass genocide of Boer farmers.

The genocide is happening on the farms where Boers are being murdered, but not just Boers, Indian farmers are also targeted; the targets are usually defenseless, especially old people.

The author of the above has an excellent diagnosis of why this is happening as it concerns ideology.

FarmMurdersMonumentSouthAfricaPietersburg%5B2%5D.jpg

This is so much utter rubbish. Admittedly the quinquenio gris did put pressure on long hair and rock music, and Cuba does still have the death penalty (although I think Raul has given a stay of execution on the three prisoners on death row), NO ONE was executed for listening to Rock n Roll. Absolutely preposterous.

Trying to blow up Madison Square Garden is pretty evil. Blowing off somebody's legs so he bleeds to death on Embassy Row is pretty evil. Necklacing is pretty evil too. So was firing on kids protesting Afrikaan language is Soweto, among much else.

No rubbish about it at all, Che was as sadistic as he was murderous, he would entertain mothers who would literally get down on their knees and beg for the lives of their teenage sons who had committed no real crime and after interviewing them at length and leading them to believe has going to grant clemency, he would call them over to his window which overlooked the execution yard, where they could view the execution of their child as it happened.

Che enjoyed those episodes even more than putting the barrel of his pistol to the head of some prisoner and pulling the trigger himself, which he frequently did.

Guevara is no hero, he should be remembered as the sorry piece of scum he really was.

Che executed the Batista quislings when he marched into Havana in Jan 1959. There is no doubt about that.

The "grey five years" certainly saw long hair, homosexuality (still a problem), and rock n roll stigmatized in Cuban society. NO ONE was executed for it. Che was long dead btw.

The "Cuban model" has done exactly the opposite - it made an entire country literate, healthy, and the envy of the Third World. It did this while being invaded, then blockaded by the world superpower. It did this even in the collapse of Comecon. South Africa's own Truth and Reconciliation Commission concludes more people died outside RSA borders than inside as the Apartheid supreme elitist government felt destabilization / buffer zones were necessary for its increasing isolation. This is why they backed the loser Savimbi for decades; attacked SWAPO at every opportunity, and felt froggy enough to try to take Cuito Canavale - the disaster that fell Apartheid a decade earlier.

Your "history" is so bad, you'd better get back to Photoshop. And, I want to know if you support the terrorist organizations fathered in Little Havana!

Not only did Castro execute Batista's men, he executed many of his own when they objected after being with him for years and thinking they were fighting to establish a government much like the USA but felt betrayed when Fidel turned out to be nothing more than a Soviet quisling.

Ok, I'm getting a headache and starting to feel like I'm listening to dialogue from Clue.

So UTGibbs doesn't believe what he post and just says it to get a reaction?

Yes, he does or no he doesn't?

He doesn't believe what he posts. He's just making hay in here and making a mockery of the liberals' thought processes.

I didnt pimp Keynes. You just don't know enough economics to have any idea what was being said. Maybe your issue is that your Middle East expertise (yes, I laughed) has clouded your economics genius to the point that you can't find an obscure and borderline retarded author to throw at us.

You didn't just pimp Keynes - you pimped super-Keynes when I took you to the woodshed in your own backyard.

And it is truly scary what I could make you sing re: Middle East.

This thread is funny, as far as opposite opinions on the African bush wars. Gs's bigotry vs Gibb's Idealism.

We all know gs hates blacks, but he hates Christian blacks less, but who know's how he's react to Muslim members of the RLI in the initial bush wars...

This thread is funny, as far as opposite opinions on the African bush wars. Gs's bigotry vs Gibb's Idealism.

We all know gs hates blacks, but he hates Christian blacks less, but who know's how he's react to Muslim members of the RLI in the initial bush wars...

There's a great quote saying (paraphrasing): Only Dr Kissinger could see in the three waring tribes of Angola, fighting over distant coffee fields, a Communist threat to the United States.

gsvol, I'm sure in his utter and comprehensive contradictions, will place high praise on Jonas Savimbi - an actual confirmed "necklacer" a witch burner, and an astounding contradiction himself. I wonder how he feels about Christian black communists????

You didn't just pimp Keynes - you pimped super-Keynes when I took you to the woodshed in your own backyard.

And it is truly scary what I could make you sing re: Middle East.

A veritable tour de force, to be sure.

OH I get your point, I am moving Cuba up to #1 on my retirement destination:crazy: I bet I could get a real bargain on a beachfront house.

Ah, the Milton Friedman version: freedom is being able to choose the color tie you want...

I've always found that definition profoundly depressing. The freedom to buy cheap tat is a rather limited notion. And it certainly precludes a fraction of the US population which probably exceeds the total Cuban population. :hi:

Tourism dollars to Cuba have been funding the Revolution since 1990s....

Ah, the Milton Friedman version: freedom is being able to choose the color tie you want...

I've always found that definition profoundly depressing. The freedom to buy cheap tat is a rather limited notion. And it certainly precludes a fraction of the US population which probably exceeds the total Cuban population. :hi:

Tourism dollars to Cuba have been funding the Revolution since 1990s....

Your naivety astounds me. I used to think the picture in your avatar is your kids, but now I realize it's you and your sister. So, now I understand the nature of your posts.

Your naivety astounds me. I used to think the picture in your avatar is your kids, but now I realize it's you and your sister. So, now I understand the nature of your posts.

I'm not sure what you mean.

They are my kids, and do you think Cuba doesn't receive tourism dinero? Naivety could be believing the CIA story on Cuba, no? The gsvol photoshop version?

naivete would be believing the Cuba of Michael Moore

I haven't even seen Sicko.

However, Michael tells a good story, and he's right far, far more than wrong.

And certainly less naive than, say, buying the CIA line or gsvol's. :hi:

Hell Gibby, we wouldn't even have Castro to begin with except for CIA assistance!!

Pajamas Media First, They Came for the Labor Leaders in Cuba

......... a union protestor in Madison, Wisconsin, caught on camera saying he wants to vote for Castro and his clone, Che Guevara.
--------------------------

Here’s a UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) report on Cuba circa 1957:

One feature of the Cuban social structure is a large middle class. Cuban workers are more unionized [proportional to the population] than U.S. workers. The average wage for an 8-hour day in Cuba in 1957 is higher than for workers in Belgium, Denmark, France and Germany. Cuban labor receives 66.6 per cent of gross national income. In the U.S. the figure is 70 per cent, in Switzerland 64 per cent. 44 per cent of Cubans are covered by Social legislation, a higher percentage than in the U.S.

In 1958, Cuba had a higher per capita income than Austria or Japan and Cuban industrial workers had the eighth-highest wages in the world. In the 1950s, Cuban stevedores earned more per hour than their counterparts in New Orleans and San Francisco.

Thousands of these took up arms against Fidel Castro and Che Guevara. The MRP (Movimiento Revolucionario del Pueblo) was among these Cuban resistance groups of mostly laborers.
-------------------------

In a TV speech on June 26, 1961, when Che Guevara was Cuba’s “Minister of Industries,” he proclaimed: “The Cuban workers have to start being used to live in a collectivist regimen, and by no means can they go on strike!”

This “no strike” provision was unacceptable to Cuban laborers — many of whom took up arms in protest, along with Cuba’s enraged campesinos who rose in arms by the thousands when Castro and Che started stealing their land to build Soviet Kolkhozes.

This rebellion, involving ten times the number of rebels, ten times the number of casualties, and lasting twice as long as the puerile skirmish against Batista, found no reporter anywhere near Cuba’s hills. The Cuban campesinos’ bloody rebellion against Castro-Stalinism lasted from late 1959 to 1966. Tens of thousands of troops, scores of Soviet advisors, and squadrons of Soviet tanks, helicopters, and flame-throwers finally extinguished the lonely Cuban freedom-fight.
----------------------------------

According to the scholars and researchers at the Cuba Archive, the Castro regime’s total death toll — from torture, prison beatings, firing squads, machine gunning of escapees, drownings, etc. — approaches 100,000. Cuba’s population in 1960 was 6.4 million. According to the human rights group Freedom House, 500,000 Cubans (young and old, male and female) have passed through Castro’s prisons and forced-labor camps. This puts Castro and Che’s political incarceration rate right up there with their hero Stalin’s.
---------------------------------

Castro’s “nationalist” revolution saw many of Stalin’s own henchmen directing the murder, torture and destitution of millions of native Cubans.

Among the first to go were labor leaders.

Ortega murdered the president of the independent coffee growers union in Nicaragua first thing when he was seeking to establish a Stalinist state there.

Hell Gibby, we wouldn't even have Castro to begin with except for CIA assistance!!

Pajamas Media First, They Came for the Labor Leaders in Cuba

Ortega murdered the president of the independent coffee growers union in Nicaragua first thing when he was seeking to establish a Stalinist state there.

Have you read the Senate report on "Alleged Assassinations?" Great reading - details how Col Wimert pistol whipped General Viaux to get back the brick of CIA money in cling film after they assassinated General Schneider in Chile. The part on Cuba reads like Ian Flemming - I wish I could remember the contact's codename, but passing him the poison ball point pen was pure entertainment.

I take it you mean the farcical assassination attempts and the blockade have strengthened Castro's position.

True.

Have you read the Senate report on "Alleged Assassinations?" Great reading - details how Col Wimert pistol whipped General Viaux to get back the brick of CIA money in cling film after they assassinated General Schneider in Chile. The part on Cuba reads like Ian Flemming - I wish I could remember the contact's codename, but passing him the poison ball point pen was pure entertainment.

I take it you mean the farcical assassination attempts and the blockade have strengthened Castro's position.

True.

No I havn't read that. (Oh wait, I faintly recall something about that but was personally skeptical about some of the claims.)

Yes American policy has strengthened Castro in many ways but I was talking about CIA assistance to him prior to his capture of Havana.

During the height of his war with the MRP I was reading the daily CIA report and it hardly ever mentioned Vietnam at all but instead was mostly about Latin America and I don't recall even one mention of Cuba.

They may have mentioned it but if there was anything there it just glossed over the situation imo.

One would think a person in my position at the time would have been faintly aware there was a civil war raging in Cuba.

Another huge lie believed by most of the American public and referred to in the media was that the Contras, along with the CIA were trafficing drugs to fund their war.

Nothing could be farther from the truth, it was Ortega and the Sandnistas who were trafficing narcotics and also were cutting people's heads off in order to terrorize others to do their bidding.

No I havn't read that. (Oh wait, I faintly recall something about that but was personally skeptical about some of the claims.)

Yes American policy has strengthened Castro in many ways but I was talking about CIA assistance to him prior to his capture of Havana.

During the height of his war with the MRP I was reading the daily CIA report and it hardly ever mentioned Vietnam at all but instead was mostly about Latin America and I don't recall even one mention of Cuba.

They may have mentioned it but if there was anything there it just glossed over the situation imo.

One would think a person in my position at the time would have been faintly aware there was a civil war raging in Cuba.

Another huge lie believed by most of the American public and referred to in the media was that the Contras, along with the CIA were trafficing drugs to fund their war.

Nothing could be farther from the truth, it was Ortega and the Sandnistas who were trafficing narcotics and also were cutting people's heads off in order to terrorize others to do their bidding.

I suppose then there is no better argument for cutting the CIA and to cut spending by shaving 25% or more off the defense budget.

I suppose then there is no better argument for cutting the CIA and to cut spending by shaving 25% or more off the defense budget.

I'm not very impressed with the work of the CIA to say the least but don't favor cutting defense the way things are.

VN Store

Back