'12 SC TE Justin Meredith (TN Commit 12/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooreaj21

Tight End
Anderson, S.C.
T.L. Hanna
HT: 6'5
WT: 210
40: 4.58
Shuttle: 4.27
Vertical: 35"
Class: 2012

Rivals Profile
Scout Profile

Holds offers from South Carolina & North Carolina,
He’s been to games at South Carolina, North Carolina, Clemson, UGA, Tennessee, and N.C. State. Alabama has yet to offer, but the staff seems very interested

Grew up a Clemson fan & wants a Clemson offer, stated that he is open to all schools though.

ASSETS: Already possesses excellent height and has good speed for his size and age.
AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT: Meredith just needs to continue to fill out and keep working out on the weights.
WHAT WAS MOST IMPRESSIVE AT COMBINE: He ran a 4.79 on a very slow surface and earned Strongest Man honors by benching 135 pounds 30 times.
CONCLUSION: It's hard to believe that he has 3-1/2 years to develop before stepping foot on a college campus. Barring serious injuries Meredith could be a monster by signing day his senior year.
- Rivals

ASSETS: Has excellent height, is good route runner and has tremendous growth potential.
AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT: Meredith needs to continue to add size and muscle mass while maintaining his current overall athleticism.
WHAT WAS MOST IMPRESSIVE: Put up some nice testing numbers running a 4.67 40 and leaping 35 inches in the vertical testing. He was also unstoppable in the red zone during the 7-on-7 tournament. He ran away with the TE MVP.
CONCLUSION: There is very little doubt that he has the ability to play at the BCS level. Look for his stock to explode this fall as he becomes one of the main offensive weapons for his team.
- Rivals

Last edited:
Needs some meat on his bones to play TE in SEC. no?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

With college weight training, no doubt he will get there. Just time and work will solve that problem. But he really sounds pretty good I need to see some film and hopefully he gives UT a close look

Hey Jordan the name of the school has to be wrong. Does he play at J.L. Mann or T.L. Hanna? I assume T.L. Hanna because it list Anderson as the city.

Hey Jordan the name of the school has to be wrong. Does he play at J.L. Mann or T.L. Hanna? I assume T.L. Hanna because it list Anderson as the city.

It's T.L. Hanna, my bad. I fixed it :hi:

Chad Simmons reporting that Meredith just received a Vol Offer

Yes. Just as we should make Georgia and Florida a priority, we need to have a larger presence in the Carolinas and Virginia. Plus, Meredith needs to put on about 25 more pounds in order to be a tight end in the SEC.

Meredith said he plans to travel to Gainesville, Fla., this weekend for Florida's junior day. He already has attended Georgia's junior day, and he said he's "considering" going to Tennessee's junior day on Feb. 26.
He already has been to UT's campus to attend the Vols' home game Nov. 13 against Ole Miss.

-gvx247sports

^^^THIS---T.L. Hanna is a 'Cock school.

AND by his own account he's a Clemson man---just waitin' for their offer.

Agree, Ravenheart & Nashvol2. The Carolinas and Virginia are definitely fertile recruiting territory.

He is from a Clemson school. Anderson is pretty much surrounds Clemson. I would be very surprised if he went anywhere but Clemson. If Clemson has a dismal year again under Dabo then he might have second thoughts and consider going somewhere else.

I fully expect Clemson to have another poor season. I don't know it that will have a significant impact on their recruiting, however. Some of the staff (a very good bunch of recruiters) will stay on board, and for some reason, they just get players.

I fully expect Clemson to have another poor season. I don't know it that will have a significant impact on their recruiting, however. Some of the staff (a very good bunch of recruiters) will stay on board, and for some reason, they just get players.

It's the uniforms. Shhhhhhh! :wink2:

If they have another poor season then heads are gonna role. Clemson won't put up with aonther loss to S.Car and not a 9 or higher win season. They believe they should win the ACC and be in contention for the NC every year. They couldn't fire Dabo this year cuz of the contract but the buyout reduces significantly this coming year and they will boot him (he was almost gone after this year).

If they have another poor season then heads are gonna role. Clemson won't put up with aonther loss to S.Car and not a 9 or higher win season. They believe they should win the ACC and be in contention for the NC every year. They couldn't fire Dabo this year cuz of the contract but the buyout reduces significantly this coming year and they will boot him (he was almost gone after this year).

Why?

It's not like they've ever been a perennial power

Because they won a National title with Danny Ford (1981 or so I believe) as their Head Coach and then subsequently went on probation for paying players. They won the ACC title some since then and they believe they are elite trust me.

Was at UF today for Junior day. Seemed to have a good time and said he will be back. Our TE board is fairly crowded so it will take some time to thin out.

Enjoyed his visit to UT and said he will return again later.

"It was great. Honestly, it was one of the best junior days that I've been on," Meredith said. "The only other junior days that I've been on, where Georgia and Florida, but I've visited a lot of other places, especially during the season. As an overall visit, that was one of the best ones I've been on."

"Really, they did a couple of things other schools haven't done. They took us on the tour, they took us on the tour of the stadium and the locker rooms and we got to meet the coaches. But, at the same time we got to sit in with the coaches, break down some game film, go over exactly what the tight end does in their offense," Meredith said. "We also got to sit in, only the recruits and some of the players, with no parents and no coaches in there, and ask them questions about how it really it."
-VQ.

Encouraging. We need TEs.

It's always nice to hear that our junior day is better than UF's or UGA's when competing for one of the better players in the country at a respective position.

On CDD and CJC being TE coaches in the NFL...

"They told me that about 100 times. You don't get that at many universities. I was talking to Michael Rivera and he told me that when he was getting recruited coach Dooley actually told him that he used to coach tight ends and that he'll be involved in his coaching," Meredith said. "And he kind of thought, 'Oh yeah coach Dooley, you have other things to do.' And he said at the first practice coach Dooley was over there standing right next to him coaching him up. I kind of thought that was pretty cool."

"I'm not narrowing anything down and I'm not eliminating any schools at this point in the process, but it did help out. It was a big eye-opener. Because, honestly, being from South Carolina, I didn't know too much about Tennessee football," Meredith offered. "I didn't know what they had to offer. I mean, I was glad I got the offer and it's a big-time SEC program, but I had no idea about Tennessee. Then I went up there and I was like, 'Wow, this place is impressive.'

-vq

and that is why most say that getting them on campus is huge. Good stuff

These SC boys sure are getting blown away...I think we could have a big year in that state this year.

This would be a big coup for us...TE is a major need behind DL and LB...We need a stud at the TE position...And he seems he could be that for us! All I heard when Dooley was hired is that he is a TE guy and likes to run a multi TE set...But I didnt see that much last year prolly due to the fact that we were so thin at the position...Hopefully we can sign a couple this year and be able to run some of the sets that I heard about when Dooley came on board! Very enticing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back